LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, February 28, 2011

Easter Basket...

Hi Everyone!  It's the start of a new week and I've got a ton of stuff planned.  I've got some fun projects to show you for DT and GDT spots.  I've also got to get ready for my first Monthly Card Class that I'm putting on at my home on Saturday.  The stamps just arrived yesterday so I can finally get started on the card that we're going to make.  I stopped by Archiver's yesterday and picked out the papers.  It's going to be very Springy!!!

On another note, a couple weeks ago I heard from Judi Maddigan over at Angels Landing.  She just launched some new digi designs and asked if I'd be interested in helping her promote them.  They are just adorable!!!  The little bunnies are perfect for Easter and Spring.  My project is below.  It was a true joy to make and I'm so happy with how it turned out.


Easter Basket



I've had these dp's from Graphic 45 for a while now and couldn't wait to do something with them for Easter.  This was the perfect project.  I decided that I wanted to make some sort of Easter basket and I have absolutely no basket weaving skills whatsoever!!!  So, I decided to do the best I could with what I had.  I made two flat surfaces by weaving two complimentary patterns together and securing them with Scor-Tape wherever necessary.  I trimmed the sides so they angled a bit like a basket would if you looked at it straight on.  I made a little 5 sided box to fit between.




The faux basket is trimmed with lace from my stash and flowers from WOC.  The image and background were cut with some SB dies.  I filled the basket with some moss from the craft store.  I like it much more than the shiny plastic stuff that you always find in kids Easter baskets on Easter Sunday.  The two fluffy chicks were a terrific find at Michaels when they first put out their Easter stuff.




Finally, a closeup of the Angels Landing bunny.  This darling little bunny was an absolute joy to paint with DI's.  I hope you'll take a look at the rest of their collections as they are just beautiful.

That's all for today!  I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for our Magnolia-licious DT sketch challenge :-)

Ciao,

Angie

14 comments:

Uschi said...

Das Osterkörbchen ist traumhaft schön und der Hase einfach phantastisch!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Beth said...

Oh my, Angie, love this basket!!!!You've done an awesome job on it, and the image is so sweet! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Beth
http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Molecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it and fab image too!
Helen x

Brook said...

This is just beautiful! Love it and a wonderful image as well.

Angela said...

Wow Angie, that is just beautiful! Love how you put your basket together by weaving those pretty papers and adding the lace. Oh and what a sweet bunny that is - your lovely coloring brought him to life!

Enjoy your class! Sounds like fun!! Wish I could attend ;) hugs, Angela

Teri said...

LOVE this!! What a beautiful project, Angie!! And that bunny is just as cute as can be!!! Your coloring is, of course, gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Teri

Judi M said...

Angie, you did such a marvelous job coloring my bunny image, including the background around it. This basket project is adorable. The papers, lace, and flowers all coordinate beautifully together. So pretty for Spring. :)

Christina C. said...

Your basket is STUNNING, Angie! The bunny image is too cute for words...I will have to check out those stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

Robyn said...

This just beautiful, as is everything you do. The digi image is just darling. I'm heading over now to check them out. Thanks for sharing.

Carissa said...

This is gorgeous. Who said you couldn't be a basketweaver by trade?:) I love the image, your colouring of it is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. Carissa

jodyb said...

Adorable! On my way to that site now! Jody

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Angie!
Your Easter basket is awesome. what a fabulous job you did.
your coloring of the bunny is outstanding.
Hugs Maz

scrappinpeg said...

wow your basket is simply gorgeous. I love the DP you used for it too. And the moss is awesome. The image of the bunny is precious. GREAT JOB!
hugs
Peggy

Colinda said...

So beautiful!!! Love the moss it looks so easterly!! Enjoy your day, Colinda

Related Posts with Thumbnails