LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Amber Swings...

PaperPlay Challenges DT

Hey Hey Everyone!  Today is my first challenge as a DT member for PaperPlay Challenges!!!  WooHoo!!!  I'm so excited to have joined this team.  We get to use all sorts of images on our projects and the challenges are a ton of fun.  This week the challenge is "Add Shine"...we're challenging everyone to come up with something shiny or sparkley (is that a word???).  Whateva!  Now... every girl loves a little bling bling here and there so this shouldn't be tooooo difficult for ya.

This week's sponsor is Just Some Lines and their digi images are just darling!  I don't usually work with a lot of digis so this was extra special fun for me.  I may just start using them a little more often!  I chose to work with 'Amber on a Swing' and she was so fun to color.  I just love how my card turned out.  I hope you like it too :-)


I told you she was darling!  I wanted to use some Spring colors so I chose these dp's by 'We Are Memory Keepers'.  I think they're actually Valentine papers, but the colors are so 'Springy' and the hearts are very subtle, so I think they are perfect for Spring.  So bright and vibrant...I love 'em.  I paired them with some cs by Bazzill that happened to match perfectly.

I cut and backed the image with some Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies.  All flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The ribbon, lace, and pearls are from my stash. 
I added some 'Shine' to all of the flowers with some stardust Stickles.  Unfortunately, the camera didn't capture it well...but I assure you, it's there!  You can see a glimse of the inside of the card, which I decorated to match the front.  I left a nice big space for a hand written note.


I colored with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger distress inks.  Here's the details...

Copics:  E000, 00, 11, 40, 42, 43, 44, 50, R20, Y21

DI's:  forest moss, weathered wood, tumbled glass, peeled paint, black soot, walnut stain, worn lipstick, shabby shutters

Make sure to stop by the PaperPlay Challenges blog.  You can get the details of the challenge so that you can enter.  And...you can see the fab projects that the rest of DT have to show.

You'll find this card for sale in my Etsy Store!

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your stay :-)

Ciao,

Angie

11 comments:

Deirdre said...

Angie,
So beautiful. Love what you created. Hope you had fun!

Hugs, Deirdre

sandra said...

Great card inside and out!
Image is so adorable and perfect coloured!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Liz said...

Great card Angie Love it nice to have u on the team

Liz B xx

Monique said...

Beautifull card Angie !!

Hugs Monique

Karen said...

OMGOSH Angie!! I love what you did with the image!! Your card is so cool, I love your papers and lace and Everything!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Ren-Yi said...

Hello Angie - we can be newbies on the PPC crew together. i adore your coloring on Amber and the flowers are just gorgeous. i can imagine that they would be even more dazzling in person - shine is so hard to photograph!

Jehanne said...

This is a really beautiful card. fantastic colouring!!

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image and love the colours!
Helen x

debbies said...

SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! I adore the paper you used and you could definitely use it all year.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Angie, how beautiful is your card? I love it!

Looking forward to working with you at PaperPlay Challenges.

Rosie
x

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Angie this card is so fabulous! I love every details on it. Glad to have you on Paper Play team. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails