LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, February 21, 2011

All Seasons Photo Cube...

Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop


Hey Everyone!  It's that time again!!!  The Magnolia-licious DT gals are here to put on a super show for you today.  Our theme this month is 'Mini Mags in Spring'!  As always, you can get the details of the challenge over at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  I really hope you'll join in on the challenge.  With Spring approaching, it sure feels wonderful to make a project filled with sunshine and flowers.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  The mini Magnolia images are so darn cute and versatile, so I'm sure you can come up with something fantastic!!!

Now, if you've come to my blog from Patti Jo's, then you're on the right track.  If not, then please start from the beginning at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog so you can take in all of the wonderfulness of our DT gals.

On to my project...I call this an 'All Seasons Photo Cube' and I actually made it for CHA.  Diana has it now and I'm hoping she's enjoying it :-)  I purchased the 'unfinished' cube at Michaels craft store because the size of the windows was just perfect for the minis.  And, since there are 4 sides, it took no time at all to come up with the 'All Seasons' theme.  Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a rush to get everything ready for CHA and I didn't track the colors that I used on the images.  Sorry!


All Seasons Photo Cube


One of my goals with this project was to adorn it with materials that were all from Magnolia or the Magnolia shop in Sweden.  With the exception of the Tim Holtz crackle paint and the paper doily that is under the flowers on the lid, all other materials are from Magnolia.  I purchased all of the flowers from the Magnolia Shop when I visited, and went through a lot of memories in my head as I was securing them to the lid.  Funny how things can take you back to another date in time.  Even as I'm writing this post, I can remember how joyful it was to walk around the Magnolia shop.  I can't wait til I can visit there again.  Diana...if you read this...I'm ready when you are!!!


Spring


The first season I'll show you is Spring, since that is the challenge after all!  I used 'Mini Tilda with Cherries' and paired her with #427 Mini Lazy Summer Flowers.  I painted them with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  The dp is from Magnolia.


Summer

Next up is Summer.  I used #390 Mini Tilda Picking Peaches and paired her with #428 Tree with Carved Heart.  This little mini Tilda fits perfectly under the full sized tree.  I just love them together!  I painted them with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks. The dp is from Magnolia.




Fall

And now onto Fall!  Here in Michigan, Fall is still fairly warm.  So, I chose this adorable image #3073 Mini Edwin and Tilda Dancing.  I hand painted a field of flowers for them to play in.  I painted them with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks. The dp is from Magnolia, however, it was originally grey and I wanted brown wood.  So, I rubbed it with several colors of my distress inks until I was happy with it.


Winter

Lastly, we have Winter.  I've used three mini Magnolia stamps here.  We have #3002 Mini Unwrapped Tilda, #170 Mini Santa Bending Over, and the Mini Christmas Tree.  I painted them with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks. The dp is, of course, from Magnolia.

All of the images that I used on my project are available for purchase at Magnolia-licious.

The next and final stop of the Hop is Janiel.  I'm sure she has something absolutely mind blowing to show you.  She takes her creativity to new heights with everything she does!

Thank you so much for 'hopping' by.  I hope you enjoyed your stay and that I somehow inspired you to spend some time in your craft room.  Please feel free to leave a comment.  I read each and every one of them and they always bring a smile to my face :-)

Ciao,

Angie

67 comments:

Carol said...

WOWZER Angie what a stunning project Hun! I absolutely luv it. How fortunate are you to have been able to shop in the Magnolia store, I'm sooo jealous. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work with us. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Deb said...

Your photo cube is wonderful...the winter scene is my favorite....thanks.

Sam Barry said...

This is such an amazing creation. I love the scenes especially fall. I love this tilda and edwin stamp. Do you find it hard to colour using Copics when the images are smaller. Thanks for teh inspiration!

Gea said...

That's beautiful! Love the images on all sides
-x- Gea

laura said...

Wow what a wonderful project, Its stunning, I need to check out Michaels now-lol

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

An awesome creation. I love it. A beautiful gift anyone would be so happy to receive.
tfs

hugs
bobbi

Elin said...

Lovely box! Like the colours in Mini-Tilda with cherries!! Thanks for sharing

Creativity with Dawn said...

What a wonderful project!! I will have to look for that photo cube at Michael's.

Claudia7 said...

Wow, what a great idea to make a photo cube. It's something different. I love the colouring and the magnolia's.

Miranda de Groot said...

your box looks so pretty

Randi said...

Amazing!!This is so beautiful

Kelly Neis said...

very nice and fun to see the different scenes. I do not want to see winter anymore here though. It is so nice to see your beautiful spring scenes.

Dena said...

Gosh! Those minis fit perfectly in the square. What a fun idea! Love it!!!
hugs, Dena

Tracey said...

Wow! This is an amazing project!! Love it!

Debra G Smith said...

This is just adorable. I think you did a fantastic job on it. What a great idea.

Kim said...

Angie this is so beautiful hun! What a gorgeous creation and one that will definitely be treasured! Love love love it! Such stunning work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

amylynne said...

Love this idea! Simply wonderful for these little stamps! Thanks for sharing!

Juliep said...

Wow, I've seen these boxes a million times but couldn't really come up with a clever way to decorate it. This is amazing. Love all the seasons and the top is decorated beautifully as well.

Carissa said...

Angie, this is so cute. I love the way that your cube showcases the images. Hugs, Carissa

Diamond-Sky said...

that is stunning, couldnt choose a season I liked best, they are sooo cute x

Danielle Champagne said...

Very pretty Angie, so imaginative.
Love this salute to all seasons. Very cute scenes for each of them
Gorgeous creation
Hugs. Danielle.

Rene said...

I'm sorry, I would write something but my jaw seems to be on my keyboard! Oh wow...this is...AMAZING!!!!! (I hit the keyboard extra hard on those exclamation points just to emphasize how AMAZING this is!)
Rene :D

Becca Fabozzi said...

Adorable creation. I just love this idea, it is absolutely adorable. I LOVE the creation, these images are just precious. Great job!

Christina C. said...

What a beautiful project, Angie!
I love all the wonderful minis and the magnificent details that make this so extraordinary.

Monique said...

This is such a gorgious project Angie !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Angie, you've altered this photo box so beautifully!! Who wouldn't love to have this sitting in their home!! Thanks for the inspiration!!HUGS

Brook said...

Wonderful idea! The four seasons was a great way to put this cube to use. Your Magnolia's look so cute and the flowers on top are gorgeous!

DesignerDiva said...

This is sooooo clever and special your blog hop is amazing
Love 'n'Hugs Laurie x

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh how great! YOu are amazing. These are amazing, great project! I just ordered water pens, and going to give the distress inks a shot, we'll see how it goes. You are sooo very talented!!!!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so cute and versatile =) I really love how you did your own grass and little flowers, sweet!

Isbel Ahmad said...

Is a fantasic project!!!!!! scrappyroom.blogspot.com

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGoodness, this is wonderful!!! How clever you are!!!

imotrust said...

So clever and amazing job! Perfect choice of images for each season!
Great job, Angela!
Hugs, Iulia

Angela said...

Wow Angie! What an amazing project this is! Beautiful flowers crowning your photo box and I love how you showcased the different images on each panel! This is really fabulous! Love it! big hugs, Angela

Mary Lou said...

Oh my Angie this is INCREDIBLE!!!! Love It!!!!
I am sure Diana is enjoying and sharing it with others as it awaits its return to you someday:)
These mini's are just the sweetest!!
Thanks for your inspiration and do stay warm~~BBRrrr!!
Hugz

angelwhispers said...

Just wonderful a perfect keepsake!!! Love the images you have used and such beautiful papers and embellishments!! Chanelle xxx

Maureen said...

Wow Angie, how cute! What a great piece that can simply be turned to the current season! Beautiful adornments; I can imagine every time you look at it it would remind you of that trip! Lucky you!

Barb Hardeman said...

Okay, this is drop dead gorgeous! I loved it at CHA and I'm loving it now. I think I need to make one for the children and put their pictures on each side and then one all together.
Hugs,
Barb

Crafty Chris said...

Fantastic I luv it all the sides are just stunning.
Chris x

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh ANgie sweetie this is soooooo VErrrry CUTE!!! I love 4 season anything!! You have done a fab job!! I wish I could have seen it in person.. I am going to have to check to see if i can find that box around here somewhere. I would love to have one and do similar to your.

keep warm and big hugs, Janiel

Donna C said...

What a fantastic project ! TFS !!!

charlene said...

Angie this is just a great idea ! Love everything about it !
Hugs

Chris said...

What a wonderful project, Angie! The white background just softens every scene and makes it so clean looking! I love every phase of the year! Great job! It's beautiful!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Cami said...

Great idea to showcase all these cute mini Maggies in a photo cube, Angie.
Hugs, Cami

pat said...

very creative idea for sharing special photos.
I love the colors you used.
thanks for sharing.
Pat in Canada

Gina L said...

This is fantastic! I love it! I love how you created a scene on each side and for each season. I love the yummies on top, too. I want to go to Magnolia, too. Man, I'm jealous.

Sheri said...

I'll take one please! So amazing Angie!!! LOVE!!

carrie said...

Wow! What a fantastic creation! All the seasons are wonderful, great coloring. Would be great for teaching the seasons to a young child.

Teri said...

Oh... my... gosh... this is just absolutely gorgeous!!! My kind of project!!! Everything about it is fabulous, Angie, bravo for such an awesome job!! I bet Diana is loving it every day!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Lisa T said...

Terrific project! Great idea using the 4 different seasons on the 4 sides of the cube.

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Angie, that's such a gorgeous cube. The four seasons are all display nicely on each side. Clever!!
Hugs,
Cabio

fionalawlor said...

This is so gorgeous! I really love all the Magnolia papers, so pretty :O) Fiona x

Patti Jo said...

What a great way to enjoy this year round! Love all of your little scenes Angie, they are all so cute and beautifully done! Always love seeing your fantastic creations!

Ann-Marie said...

Simply amazing what a fab idea, love all the minis. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

Suzanne said...

Angie, I have just come across your blog and can't understand how it has taken so long, lol. Your work is absolutely gorgeous. This photo cube is really beautiful. I am off to spend a while looking over all your other stuff too x

Nicola said...

Incredible creation, it's amazing and soooo inspirational. You are so clever and I'm so glad I visited you today.
Love Nicola xxx

Ghanice said...

WOW, what a creative idea, just beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your idea, must get me some mini's. jman4@comcast.net

hayward69 said...

What a totally gorgeous box you have decorated. I adore all the gorgeously coloured mini Maggies used and the decoration on top has totally got the wow factor.

Jayne xx

Sharon Caudle said...

What an awesome idea, Angie! I love how it turned out! Your coloring is beautiful and I love how you decorated the top of it! Gorgeous project!!
hugs, Sharon

1000etincelles said...

Awwww stunning project !!! WOOOW love it, really !!! You did an amazing job on this cube, thanks for sharing !

xoxo

Linda said...

Hi I love the concept of your box it's so original and those images are so cute love Linda

Thea said...

Hello Angie,

What a beautiful project! And your tutorials are great.

Thanks!
Thea

My Lil' Scrap Corner said...

Oh, My, Gosh! Love, Love, Love, it! Thanks for sharing a fantastic project!

Mary said...

What an amazing project!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

bettand said...

What a lovely photocube. I might try that some day:)

Nela said...

Your photo cube is wonderful! What an amazing project!
Nela

Helena said...

hi Angie, what a fantastic idea, I love how you have decorated it, beautiful work!
xxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails