LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Valentine's Day...

Hi Everyone!  I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and got well rested for the coming week.  I spent just about every minute in my craft room working on things for CHA and some other cards to show you here.  My hubby is back from his business trip and spent all afternoon yesterday with our son.  They went to a movie, built puzzles, etc.  It was a really great day for the two of them...and for me.  I just love being in my craft room.  Somehow, the smell of paper is very soothing to me.  Seriously!  Sometimes, as I walk down the hall, I pop my head in the door and take a deep breath.  It actually calms me.  Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Anyway, I've been working a lot with the stamps from Mini Magnolia World and needed a change.  I looked over on the left of my desk and, underneath a bunch of stuff, I could see the corner of my Magnolia winter kit.  Ding, ding, ding!!!  Light bulb!  I was suddenly inspired to make a Valentine's Day card with one of the uninked images from the kit.  Here's how it turned out...


Valentine's Day
Isn't this little chickie adorable!!!  I have no idea what this stamp is called or when it will be available for purchase, but it was a part of Magnolia's Winter Kit.  I've paired her with #650 Spring Fence and I think it's a very sweet scene.  I don't see the fence in the Magnolia-licious store right now, but you could also use #642 Heart Fence or #501 Shabby Chic Fence in it's place.

The dp's are from the new MME 'State of the Heart' collection.  I love the deep, muted red with the worn out ivory.  It has such a warm, rich feel to it.  Cs is both Bazzill and SU.  The brown Bazzill is actually called 'Java' and it's my absolute favorite shade to use.  It's a deep, dark chocolate with a hint of grey and works beautifully with any worn, antique, or aged feel that you want to create.  I keep a large inventory of this color.  I used a bunch of different Spellibinder's Nestabilities to create this card.  I also pulled out an old Cuttlebug embossing folder called 'Floral Fantasy' to create the texture on the main heart.

The ribbon started out as ivory seam binding and I dyed it to give it a rustic, worn feel.  It's a technique that I learned from Bev's blog and it's one that I will use over and over.  Great idea Bev!  I finished the bow with some threaded buttons from my button drawer that I've had forever.  The shiny hearts and pearl were part of a not so attractive grouping that I got at Michael's.  I broke it down and used the pieces that I liked and I love the way it turned out.  I stapled them into place with my Tim Holtz mini stapler (love that thing) and they will stay in place forever!  The little pearls framing the image and sentiment are from my stash...again something I've had forever.  The sentiment is from Archiver's.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:





Here's a closeup of Tilda.  As usual, I colored her with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.  Here are the details:

Copics: E000, 00, 11, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, R20, RV21, W1, 3

DI's: brick red, walnut stain, black soot, worn lipstick, forest moss, shabby shutters, weathered wood, tumbled glass

That's it for today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back again soon :-)

Ciao,

Angie

47 comments:

Fleur said...

Angie this is truly gorgeous, beautiful colours & so much fantastic detail
Hugz Fleur xXx

Card Crazy said...

An incredibly lovely card, Angie. You keep amazing me with your wonderful creations.
Sue S.

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just gorgeous, Angie! I love so much how you combine the copics with the di's...such a beautiful effect! Absolutely love this card...hugs...Barb

ShirleyTACS said...

Love, Love, Love this card. She really pops off the page. The attention to details just make it better. Thanks.S

Angela said...

Hi Angie! You've made another beautiful card here! Love the images that you combined and papers you used! Your coloring as always is outstanding! I really love this card! hugs, Angela <3

LindaC said...

Gosh, she is so cute...she looks like she's been into something sneaky! Great job with the colors! LindaC

Beth said...

Angie, what a gorgeous card! LOVE this little Tilda....so sweet! Also love your choice of dp's, and your coloring is fantastic, as usual! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Beth
http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Angie...I love this gorgeous card. Your coloring always amazes me!
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Regina said...

Angie!!! This image is adorable!!! and... your work is absolutely "impecável"!!!! (I really don´t know how to say this in english!! )
Have a marvellous Sunday!!
Hugs
Regina

Miranda de Groot said...

Ow I just love this cards. The colours are so pretty. I just love that pearl border around Tilda.
Miranda

Rosie said...

Wow Angie, I LOVE everything about this card! It's amazing as are all your creations. I am always blown away by your creativity and your coloring. I see that you are going to be offering online distress coloring classes....very exciting! I hope I get the chance to sign up with my next paycheck. I can't wait to learn your awesome techniques. Big hugs, Rosemary :)

Cricket said...

Adorable! I love the DP

Mandy said...

OMG Angie your card is so beautiful, those papers are lush and Tilda looks adorable
hugs Mandy xx

Cami said...

Gorgeous card, Angie! Love the embossing on the hearts, your beautiful coloring (as always) DPs, embellies . . . you're such an inspiration for me to keep trying harder to get better! Hugs, Cami

tammejean said...

beautiful!

Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful, I am so jealous of your coloring techniques,

Carol said...

WOWZER Angie, this is an absolute stunner Hun! I just luv your work, you're such an inspiration always! Lotsa luv xxxx

Sharon said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous card Angie - she is beautiful! You make wonderful cards.

Laila said...

Oh that's an adorable card you've made. Love the image, and the whole thing is just brilliant.
Hugs Laila

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

This is gorgeous! I love the colors. The shading in the dress came out beautifully. This Tilda is adorable! I love the heart pins too. Amazing work!

Hugs, Mindy

Karen's Fun Blog said...

SO very beautiful!! : )

Jasmine Wilmany said...

I love it!


Blessings!

★ Jasmine Wilmany ★

Jean said...

Goodness Angie, such a gorgeous card.. love all your accessories and your layout.. adore your coloring of Tilda, have not used mine yet.. the pp are so great and go so well together.. love the sentiment... just a beautiful card you have created...
Hugs, Jean

Marijke said...

Hi Angie,
This card is amazing!!!
and sooooooooooo beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Stempeltiger said...

Such an AMAZING card Angie!
You've coloured the sweet image beautifully.
Love the frame of pearls.
Great work.
Hugs, Swantje

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!

I love that gorgeous DP with the words on it. Perfect Valentines Day paper. I like how you have the big heart behind the circle.
Your coloring as always is wonderful.
I just might have to get myself some copic markers to go with my distress inks. Looking forward to learning that background shading at your classes.
Hugs Maz

Kerry said...

Super cute card Angie, love the image and the colouring is beautiful. DP are lush.

Love Kerry xxx

Christina C. said...

What a magnificent card....absolutely darling!
Soooooo looking forward to your class!

Crafteezee said...

Totally adorable, just love everything about it. Hugs Tracy x

Kath McMahon said...

I cant wait to see this Tilda in the stores. I love this layout, so inspiring.

charlene said...

Amazing ! Love everything about it
Hugs

Jessica said...

I love this card, the stamp used is adorable. Good luck at CHA!

Julie said...

OMG! this card is so gorgeous. Love coming to your blog and finding so much inspiration!

Leslie Avila said...

She as fabulous and of course you've colored her just perfectly. So cute!
Big congats on your distress class. You're tempting me. Lol
Blessings to you,
Leslie

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Uschi said...

Ein absoluter Traum!!!
Ganz toll, die Perlenumrandung des Motivs!!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Teri said...

Absolutely beautiful, Angie!! I love that little Tilda, such a sweetie!!! And she is colored perfectly and looks just right at home in front of the fence! Love all your embellies!!!! Just another stunning work of art!!!
teri

Barbara Moore said...

Gorgeous card. The embellishments and coloring are perfect. This is perfection at its best!!!!!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Angie, this is just absolutly gorgeous. Tilda is ravishing. I love the heart pin stuck in your bow, and the little pearls around the image. Beautiful DPs.
Hugs. Danielle.

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

megline said...

Beautiful card,
Hugs, Line

MaryNell said...

She is so sweet, Love the way you colored her.
MaryNell

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
You do it time after time.
Another perfectly beautiful and awesome card.
This little image is soooo sweet!
Love your papers and colours! Those pins you made are fantastic!
Hugs, Candy

Patti Jo said...

Love everything!!! She's on my list! Beautiful work as always Angie!!! All the perfect details to go with her!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card~ I just adore everything about it!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Magnolia!
:)Kathy

cebelica said...

What a beautiful card! Well done!

Jennifer said...

Simply gorgeous card Angie..like Barb, I love the way you manage to combine both Copics and DI's so beautifully.
hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails