LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love...

Hey There Everyone!!!  Crazy busy week so far!  Hubby is working tons of hours so I'm playing 'single Mom' this week and I don't know how all you 'single Moms' do it!  I've been going 100 mph since 6:30 a.m., killed myself at my spin class this evening to get rid of some stress, got my son to bed, and now I'm finally sitting down to say 'hi' to ya'll.  Hi!

I really needed a break from what I was working on earlier today and I had another LOTV image colored from the other day, so I decided to assemble a card with it.  Shocking huh?  Have image...make card!  I remembered seeing a sketch that I liked on the Wild Orchid Challenges blog, so that's the route I took.  I'm going to enter the card into some other challenges too and I'll give a list below.  I think I'm going a bit crazy on the 'challenges' thing, but I'm really enjoying it :-)

Challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenges - sketch
LOTV - new beginnings
Stamp Something - glitter
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Fab'n' Funky Challenges - anything goes


Here's my card...

Love
This sweet image is Lili of the Valley's 'On the Garden Wall'.  Doesn't it make you remember the first boy you liked when you were a little girl?  As mentioned, the layout follows the Wild Orchid Challenges sketch and it was a ton of fun to work with.  The dp's are from a brand new 6x6 paper pad from BoBunny called 'Crush'.  I actually used a whole bunch of new things on this card:  Spellbinder's dies - Large Octagons and Classic Heart; the stamp itself was new; and a new MS punch for the black paper lace.  The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The adorable love potion bottle is by Making Memories and I filled it with some colored water - I'm hoping it won't somehow ruin my card if it leaks!  Ahhh!  The gems are from my stash and I colored them with a Copic marker.  Finally, I added stardust Stickles for some 'bling'.



I colored this image with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.  I can't find the little note where I marked the details so I don't have them for you - so sorry!

That's it for today.  I hope you're having a wonderful 2011 so far!  It's the beginning, so it promises everything.  Decide what you want and make it happen.  And try to have fun in the process :-)

Ciao,

Angie

22 comments:

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Gorgeous card, Angie! Your colouring is always so beautiful!

Jasmine Wilmany said...

That is a piece of art. Great work!


Blessings!

★ Jasmine Wilmany ★

charlene said...

Angie each card you make is just adorable...this image is just to cute love the papers all the little embellishments ...did you need my addy !
Hugs♥

Stampin Mindy said...

Super cute Angie! Love the image and colors. The bottle is darling, like a little love potion. Glad to see you joining us over at Wild Orchid Crafts!

Hugs, Mindy

Mandy said...

Aww this is so sweet and absolutely gorgeous Angie
hugs Mandy xx

Beth said...

What a sweet card, Angie! Beautifully colored, and your dp's and bellies are perfect!

Hugs,
Beth
http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Hanne said...

Such a pretty card! Lovely image too:)

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is gorgeous and i love the little love potion bottle!
Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Angie your card is adorable! What a sweet image. Love the paper you chose. Perfect for this mise en scène. Your love potion bottle is absolutly darling.
Hugs.
Danielle

LuLu said...

Stunning card and love all the different shape layers - very original. Many thanks for joining in with Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Lou
x

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Angie! Love that image and of course your coloring and design are always stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you can play again next week! Happy New Year!
hugs, Sharon

Dena said...

Angie! What a great Valentine's Day card! LOVE it!
Thank you for joining the Lili of the Valley Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Frea said...

Hi Angie, love your card and the image, but am I the only one who sees it? To me he looks like a young Harry Potter!! Hugs, Frea

Carissa said...

Such a great card. I love the image and the papers that you used. Hugs, Carissa

Jean said...

This darling little card is so precious Angie.. love all the colors, pinks, red, black, white.. all so adorable together.. love your layout and love the papers... We love LOTV but are relunctant to get them from England as they are so expensive but may have to break down and get them... I am just getting so in love with them.. and of course your coloring proves that we should all have a few to color...
So this is great and beautiful...
Hugs, Jean

Ellen said...

Wowww Angie,

This is sooooooo beautiful, I like the colors, the details and the stamp.

! wish you a lot of succes to be a single mom this week;-)

Hugs,
Ellen

Hanna said...

Oh my godness... Angie --- what else can I say than WOOW?
Superdelicious colours, and that little love bottle is so sweet!
Your card is just P.E.R.F.E.C.T!!! LOOOVE IT! I think it's one of the most fabulous valentine card I've ever seen. Such a magical piece of art.

hugs,
Hanna

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Suzanne said...

An adorable card. The papers and image are just gorgeous and that wee ption bottle is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week x

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Gotta love those colors. Red the color of love and this card oozes love. Your coloring is great.
What a sweet little bottle of 'Love portion number nine' hee hee.Fab DP's
Hugs Maz

Only By His Grace said...

Oopsie...meant to say Love potion not portion. What a dill.

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining WOC with such a sweet card Angie, I love that colour scheme
Hugs Jacqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails