This is my second card today. Be sure to scroll down to see my Magnolia-licious DT challenge post! I've really been enjoying the Lili of the Valley stamps that I purchased over the summer. I bought them, got really busy and forgot all about them. I've also been enjoying entering challenges again. I don't really know why I stopped. I think I just got too busy to even think about it. The LOTV Challenge Blog has a new challenge theme of 'New Beginnings'. Your project has to incorporate something 'New'. It can be a new baby, new relationship, new product, new technique, etc.
My card incorporates the following 'New' things:
NEW LOTV stamp
NEW MS Punch Around the Page
NEW Spellbinder's Shapabilities 'Ribbon Tag Trio 2' die
NEW BasicGrey "Oliver" 6x6 paper pad
NEW sentiment stamps
Here's my card...I hope you enjoy it :-)
I love this image so much because it reminds me of my son. He would be on the left, having cookies and sharing pink lemonade with his friend. I haven't made a 'boy' card in so long and I really enjoyed this one. My son gets the silliest smile on his face when he looks at it. I told him that I thought of him the entire time that I worked on the card.
As you can see, this is an easel card...something else that I haven't done in a while. The border around the cover was punched with a new MS Punch Around the Page. After removing the punches from the packaging, I never again know their name...sorry! I chose new BG "Oliver" dp's. All cs is by Stampin' Up! The sentiment on the cover is by A Muse Artstamps. I stamped it and cut it into a rectangle. Then used a small MS circle punch to take a chunk out of one side. The sentiment on the inside is by Stampin' Up! and it was cut with a new Spellbinder's Shapabilities 'Ribbon Tag Trio 2' die. Technically, the sentiments are both new because I've never inked them up before! The large grosgrain ribbon is by Bazzill Basics. All buttons were in my button drawer. I used to collect buttons so I have a ton to choose from. These happened to match the dp's perfectly. All I had to do was thread them with some string. The brad on the cover sentiment was also from my stash.
Here's a side view just so you can see the dimension of the card and embellies.
I colored this image with a combo of Copic markers and Ranger distress inks. Here are the details:
Copics: E000, 00, 02, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, R20, 11, RV11, B02, G99, YR68, YG91, 97, C1, 3, 5, W1, 3, 5
DI's: fired brick, walnut stain, scattered straw, shabby shutters, forest moss, peeled paint, weathered wood, tumbled glass
I'm also entering this card in the My Time To Craft Challenge - Brand Spanking New and Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings. They have the same kind of challenges going on! RRR asked for something new plus ribbon. I've got lots of new stuff going on all over this card as mentioned earlier :-)
That's all I have for today! I truly hope you enjoyed your visit. I'd love it if you left a comment to let me know that you were here and what you think of my project. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!