LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, January 1, 2011

Friends Always...

Back again everyone!  My son goes back to school on Monday so I've really gotta get down to business.  I've got tons to do for CHA in Los Angelos at the end of the month.  I've also got a ton of accounting to do :-(  I'm most excited about CHA though.  I'll be painting at the Magnolia-licious booth to show off the Magnolia Mini World stamps.  It's gonna be a blast!  I've also never been to California so that's a bit exciting for me.  I wish my son and hubby could go too, but I'm gonna be so busy there that I wouldn't even get to see them.

This is my second card today.  Be sure to scroll down to see my Magnolia-licious DT challenge post!  I've really been enjoying the Lili of the Valley stamps that I purchased over the summer.  I bought them, got really busy and forgot all about them.  I've also been enjoying entering challenges again.  I don't really know why I stopped.  I think I just got too busy to even think about it.  The LOTV Challenge Blog has a new challenge theme of 'New Beginnings'.  Your project has to incorporate something 'New'.  It can be a new baby, new relationship, new product, new technique, etc. 

My card incorporates the following 'New' things:

       NEW LOTV stamp
       NEW MS Punch Around the Page
       NEW Spellbinder's Shapabilities 'Ribbon Tag Trio 2' die
       NEW BasicGrey "Oliver" 6x6 paper pad
       NEW sentiment stamps

Here's my card...I hope you enjoy it :-)


Friends Always

I love this image so much because it reminds me of my son.  He would be on the left, having cookies and sharing pink lemonade with his friend.  I haven't made a 'boy' card in so long and I really enjoyed this one.  My son gets the silliest smile on his face when he looks at it.  I told him that I thought of him the entire time that I worked on the card.

As you can see, this is an easel card...something else that I haven't done in a while.  The border around the cover was punched with a new MS Punch Around the Page.  After removing the punches from the packaging, I never again know their name...sorry!  I chose new BG "Oliver" dp's.  All cs is by Stampin' Up!  The sentiment on the cover is by A Muse Artstamps.  I stamped it and cut it into a rectangle.  Then used a small MS circle punch to take a chunk out of one side.  The sentiment on the inside is by Stampin' Up! and it was cut with a new Spellbinder's Shapabilities 'Ribbon Tag Trio 2' die.  Technically, the sentiments are both new because I've never inked them up before!  The large grosgrain ribbon is by Bazzill Basics.  All buttons were in my button drawer.  I used to collect buttons so I have a ton to choose from.  These happened to match the dp's perfectly.  All I had to do was thread them with some string.  The brad on the cover sentiment was also from my stash.

Here's a side view just so you can see the dimension of the card and embellies.


I colored this image with a combo of Copic markers and Ranger distress inks.  Here are the details:

Copics:  E000, 00, 02, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, R20, 11, RV11, B02, G99, YR68, YG91, 97, C1, 3, 5, W1, 3, 5

DI's:  fired brick, walnut stain, scattered straw, shabby shutters, forest moss, peeled paint, weathered wood, tumbled glass

I'm also entering this card in the My Time To Craft Challenge - Brand Spanking New and Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings.  They have the same kind of challenges going on!  RRR asked for something new plus ribbon.  I've got lots of new stuff going on all over this card as mentioned earlier :-)

That's all I have for today!  I truly hope you enjoyed your visit.  I'd love it if you left a comment to let me know that you were here and what you think of my project.  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Ciao,

Angie

21 comments:

Leslie Avila said...

Love this card! SUch a sweet image that you've colored phenomenally, as usual!
Happy New Year!
Leslie Avila

Kylie said...

Adorable Angie! I love this image - reminds me of my little boys as well :) Fabulous boy card!
Happy New Year!
Hugs
Kylie

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

I love the easel cards. I've never made one before, and I'm going to try after the girls go home. Where is the best place to find the instructions to making an easel card? If any one can tell, me I would appreciate it. These are cute stamps! I am also going to try to make one of the little teapot cards, it was in the Fall Magnolia magazine. I got it at Barnes & Nobles but they don't have the new one yet. Can't afford to get them as a subscription just yet, maybe someday :o)

Patti Jo said...

Completely love your coloring Angie!!! Just awesome!!! This whole card layout is so cute, lots of fun details!!!

Craftin Kay said...

Angie,

Your card is soooo cute. The colors coloring are perfect.
Linda I

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Angie, this is so adorable! I love it. I didn't think I needed these papers, but now I do! lol

Ellen said...

Wowwwww Angie, this is so cute. I like that color combo, amazing.

Hugs,
Ellen

Angela said...

What an adorable image! Love your fun design for your easel card - especially using that border punch around the edges. Your coloring always looks wonderful! I too have some LOTV stamps that I just can't get around to color. I have to make time as they are the cutest! Have fun in CA!!! hugs, Angela

Mandy said...

Angie your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the cute image and your colouring is fabulous as always.
Happy New Year to you all
hugs Mandy xx

Uschi said...

Ganz ganz wunderbar, Deine Karte!! Ich bin immer ganz begeistert von Deinen tollen Werken!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

shelly said...

Super adorable Angie!Have fun at CHA!

Lou said...

Hi! your card is just totally gorgeous,love it so much.
The colours and your colouring are perfect.
Happy New Year...
hugs Lou.xx

True :) said...

Stunning easel card! Your coloring is amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, the image is so cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Terrific card Angie! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! This is such a perfect boy card. I LOVE the buttons! I've never seen that punch before, it's really neat. I think I need to get it. :)

Hugs, Mindy

Rosietoes said...

Stunning card. Thank you for joining with us at the LOTV challenge this week.
Edna x

Jean said...

Angie, this card is just so adorable and would look so sweet for my grandsons who are just about that age.. your job is so great, the layout, pp you used and your coloring are just perfect.. I love every bit of every the card and can see why your son would smile at it... my grandsons would smile also... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Jean

luvthatstampin said...

I haven't paid enough attention to LOTV stamps. They are way cute! You've done a great job!

RubyM:) said...

HE HE HE Angie i see your breakin in for the LOTV IMAGES LOL!!!!! Your doing fantastic hun and ofcourse the coloring on all your cards are breath taking!!!! I seent his thumbnail on my sidebar and thought is that ANGIES BLOG??? Couldn't be that's not a maggie lol!! I came in and to my surprise lol!!!!

This card screams boy! A boy that would take care of a nice looking card ofcourse!!!! Great details!!! RubyM:)

Connie M. said...

WOW! This is such an adorable card, and I sooo love the sentiment with the buttons...what a great touch! Thanks so much for playing in the RRR challenge!!

Connie
RRR DT

Related Posts with Thumbnails