LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, January 1, 2011

4+U...

Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

Happy New Year Everyone!  It's time for another Magnolia-licious DT challenge!!!  This time it was Cheryl's turn to choose the challenge and she decided on a recipe:

4 flowers
3 dp's
2 Magnolia images
1 ribbon

Oh what fun!  I love the challenge of working within specific parameters.  It makes it just a little more interesting.  The Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog has the details of how you can join in on the fun.  And, there will be a prize awarded to one lucky person.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! 

Here's my card...


4+U

This little cutie pie is #383 Mini Oops Tilda.  Now, I don't use the word 'darling' very often, but...isn't she just???  I paired her with #628 Mini Kitchen.  When I saw that we were doing a project with a 'recipe', I just knew that I had to use something from the 'Yummy For Your Tummy' collection.  Both stamps are currently in stock over at Magnolia-licious so head on over to get yours!


With a kitchen theme, I had no choice but to use dp's from BG's 'Nook and Pantry' collection.  Cs is by both Bazzill and SU.  The layout that I used is actually from last week's Friday Sketcher's challenge.  I knew I wouldn't post in time for the challenge, but I liked the sketch so I decided to use it.  The image and it's background were cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I used a MS border punch for some added interest under one of the dp layers.  All flowers were sent to me by my friend and DT sister, Mindy.  Thank you Mindy!!!  I LOVE THE POPPIES!!!  They're one of my most favorite flowers ever!!!  The sentiment is by Whimsy Stamps.  I grabbed the ribbon and brads from my stash.  I hope it's ok that I added the brads.  I know it's not part of the recipe but the corners were screaming for them!  For some bling bling, I added stardust and cinnamon Stickles all over the place.
 


The images were colored with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Here are the details:

Copics: E000, 00, 02, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, R20, RV21, W00, 1, 3, 5

DI's: walnut stain, antique linen, vintage photo, scattered straw, barn door, peeled paint, black soot

Challenges I've entered with this card: 
          Just Magnolia & hAnglar stAnglar - Anything Goes
          Magnolia Down Under Challenges - A Gift For You
          Stamp Something - Glitter
          7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Thank you all for stopping by.  I truly hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you haven't already, I hope you'll stop by the other DT girls blogs.  You can find links to them on my 'Design Teams' page or by visiting the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  I know they all have something fantabulous to show you!!!

Ciao,

Angie

25 comments:

Diane said...

Such a beautiful card, Angie! I love the way you've coloured these cute mini images and the DPs are perfect!
Diane x

Frea said...

Hi Angie, love your card and darn, I will have to get me some of those mini Magnolias!! Hugs, Frea

Goth Honey said...

Hi Angie

Just wanted to say how yummy I think your card is - really lovely! Your use of the mini stamps in really clever.

Have a wonderful day,

Laura
x

Danielle Champagne said...

Adorable card Angie, love the DP with all the fruits! Your flowers are magnificient, especially the red ones WOW!
Great job.
HUgs. Danielle

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous card Angie, and so well planned out, right down to the kitchen dp! You're right, those poppies really pop in your bouquet! Fabby card...hugs...Barb

Rene said...

What a great card you have "cooked" up...har har!!! ;D
Just wonderful!
Happy New Year!
Rene

Jean said...

I adore your card Angie.. Your ideas just keep flowing, which is such a great thing to have.. no one could go to the store every time they want to make a card, so you must just go into your stash, find paper, get an idea and go with it.. well your ideas are always so sweet and interesting and so well put together like they were supposed to be together all along.. Great job and I love your coloring and all your pp together. Hugs, Jean

kramer_buffy said...

she reminds me of Betty Boop but a very refined one... LOL!!!

-- dalis

Patti Jo said...

You sure made a great "recipe" card! Just adorable scene with all the trimmings! Beautiful work Angie!!!

Sherry said...

This card is just too cute. I love it! I agree with the use of the brads...it finishes the card. I think I will have to get that Maggie.
Sherry C

Shirley N said...

Great layout, so beautiful! Happy New Year Angie!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

sweet card Angie
thank you for joining us at JM/JH
Claudia

Karen said...

OMGOODNESS Angie!! I love it. I love the papers and flowers and how you have coloured Tilda is so wonderful:-) Thanks so much for joining in at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Diana Crick said...

Talk about perfect paper! Angie she is so, so sweet and beautifully coloured. I love the layout!
hugs, Diana

Jane said...

wow beautiful! I love all the browns and the card design is awesome.

Lori said...

Fabulous card Angie! Just love love love your coloring!!!

Candy said...

Happy New Year, Angie.
Love your masterpiece! Your shadowing is awesome!
Perfect paper and a beautiful layout.
Hugs, Candy

Sandy said...

Nothing says loving like something from the pantry! I love anything to do with food - wonderful card Angie!
Sandy Dehon

Cheryl said...

Angie, your card is wonderful!! I love your paper choices and the sweet kitchen cupboard to complete the scene! Adorable!

Chris said...

Oh Angie, this is such an adorable card! I love the papers you used, too! It's a winner! I love it!

XO,
Chris Christensen

cathylynn said...

WOW ANGIE!! I love this card!! It's so refreshing and colorful and those minis look like they'll go on my wish list. Great detail! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

TaraG said...

Stunning, Angie, as always! Love the Mini Maggies used as the main image...that is brilliant and it gives a little more room for the beautiful paper to show through and to add some more embellies. I love that idea! love the stunning flowers you've used and the poppies are my fave too! Love the sentiment as well...love it all!
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Stampin Mindy said...

YOu are seriously on a role with entering Challenges! It's addicting to try to fit your cards into them huh? I'm glad you like the flowers, hopefully more colors will come in the poppies. Your coloring is amazing I love the way the mini kitchen came out!

Hugs, Mindy

*Vicki* said...

Oh I really adore this card!! Such yummy papers go perfectly with it and your sparkly flowers are so gorgeous!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGs

Dena said...

Angie! Very cute! Those really are mini! Great coloring!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Related Posts with Thumbnails