LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 Calendar Blog Hop...


Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop

Hi Everyone!!!!   I so hope you're having a terrific day!  The Magnolia-licious DT has got a FANTASTIC show for you today.  We've got the most wonderful blog hop for you to follow and you can get the details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  If you've come to my blog from Janiel's fab works, then you're on the right track.  If not, then make your way over the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog to start from the beginning.  I'm certain you're going to be filled with a year's worth of inspiration when you see what we've all created.

As you may already know, Christmas has just passed.  The girls on the DT wanted to make extra special Christmas gift for the best boss in the world, Diana Crick.  We all absolutely adore her and thought it would be great to make something for her that would give her an entire year of joy.  The idea of the calendar was born.  We're here today to share it with you.

I made two pages for the calendar.  One for March and one for December.  Both chilly, winter months here in Michgan...so I went with that.  You'll see no sunshine on my pages, but hopefully they'll be cool and fun.

March - In like a lion...out like a lamb 

When you're a kid, what is more fun on a snowy winter day than sledding down a hill at super speed?  Nothing my friend!  For that reason, I chose #147 Edwin on Sled for this page.  He's just zippin' down the hill as fast as he can and having a blast!  I colored him with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with DI's, as usual.  I don't remember all of the details about the dp's and embellies, but I do know that the large snowflake was once a tree ornament and the sentiment was laser printed by me.  The rest will have to remain a mystery because I put all of my Christmas stuff away and I didn't keep track of the markers and inks that I used.  Sorry!

Next up...

Christmas Eve in Paris 
Looks like we got a shot of Santa taking a moments break on Christmas Eve in Paris!  Wouldn't it be a dream to be in Paris on Christmas Eve???  Well, for those of use that don't live there anyway :-)  This is #127 Cool Santa, paired with #542 Eiffel Tower and the lamp post from Magnolia's #5 Paris Night DooHickey Die.  The dp's are BG "Jovial".  I remember that because they were my favorite dp's for the holiday season.  For that reason, I wanted to use them for Diana's calendar page.  Only the best for Diana!  The images were colored with Copic markers and watercolor with DI's...no details...sorry!  I know I used stardust Stickles all over the place to make it look like it's snowing.

Well, that's it for today!  I truly hope you had a good time viewing my project.  The next stop on the hop is Suzanne and she has a page that is absolutely stunning!  Have fun!

Ciao,

Angie

58 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

the paris one is stunning love all those colours 2 gorgeous cards.
Chris x

Renkata said...

Angie,
two delightful pages.
Love Christmas Eve in paris so romantic!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Wow! These are awesome, beautiful calendar pages. Anyone would be proud to have such a beautiful calendar!

scrappinpeg said...

Beautiful work and I know Diana loved the gift.

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful! Wonderful winter scenes, what a fantastic calendar for Diana.

Angela said...

Angie, these are fabulous calendar pages. Your coloring as always is stunning on these sweet scenes! Your Santa taking a break page in particular makes me smile. Why wouldn't he want to "hang out" in Paris!? ;) Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

Beth said...

Angie, gorgeous work as always! Love your coloring, and your dp! I'm sure Diana loved her calendar!

Juliep said...

Both pages are gorgeous. I love how you've colored them. I absolutely love Edwin on the sled though. The papers, the detail...everything on this is just perfect and yes, it takes you back to your childhood. Stunning.

Cheryl said...

What else can be said!? Gorgeous, gorgeous papers, layout and your comloring, OH my!! These are wonderful!

Jennifer said...

Both are beautiful Angie, but Santa in Paris really made me smile...It is so clever...I love it..
hugs

Georgia said...

Both are just beautiful. I love them.

LindaC said...

Angie, the March calendar is beautiful with your DI coloring, but your December page with Santa and the tower and lamp post blew me away! It looks like a painting! Awesome job! LindaC

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Angie, both pages are wonderful, unpredictable March, and who is best to illustrate it? Dear Edwin, always readyto have fun! I love this december page.Great idea... spending Christmas in Paris.
Hugs. Danielle.

charlene said...

awesome pages Angie....WOW

Becca Fabozzi said...

I adore your pages. Edwin on a sled is so cute!!!! I especially LOVE the Santa in Paris scene you created, absolutely stunning!!!! I LOVE the jovial line of papers too, and think you did a fantastic job on your pages, as usual!

Crafts2do4fun said...

WOW! Love your contribution to the calendar, LOVE THEM!

LINDA W. said...

JUST beautiful love your pages
great coloring.
HUGS Linda

Barb Hardeman said...

Just beautiful, Angie. Your coloring is so pretty and the details on each page just make the eye wander around taking it all in. Gorgeous work...hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Fantastic! Beautiful coloring as always...you captured the essence of each month perfectly!
Rene :D

Chris said...

Angie, I so love the depth of color in both of your calendar pages. The December one is just so rich looking. I love the scene you created. I love the Eiffel Tower stamp but have avoided buying it. You put it to use so very well! I love those deep, deep colors. Your March one is so fun! That's another stamp that I want and don't yet have. I love Edwin's clothing! Your PP is wonderful! Great job! I need to be a fly on the wall of your studio just to watch you work!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Patti Jo said...

Love Edwin on his sled with the papers and snowflake you used for March! Adorable page!!! Santa looks like he is "chillin' in Paris after he has delivered all his packages! Another adorable scene Angie! The calendar project is such a great idea!!! Thanks for all you did!!!

Debbie B said...

Beautiful pages!! Love your coloring!!


Debbie B

Ila said...

Oh Wow!! these pages are Beautiful!!..the coloring and details are Amazing!!

Cor* said...

OH your coloring is drop dead gorgeous and your layouts are supa! Great papers and embellies and bling. I LOVE that green wrinkled ribbon in the Paris layout ! TFS.

Scrappymax said...

Adorable, what more can I say. I love Santa by the Eiffel Tower, very cute.
Max x

Miranda said...

I love love love them both they're sooooo adorable

hugs
Miranda

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, Angie these are adorable. I love the Edwin one, the papers are so beautiful. You always encourage me to try to use multiple patterned papers. The snow on the Santa one looks so real! I love your coloring. I cant wait till CHA so you can show me your amazing background! We are going to have so much fun, I seriously cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Angie, your pages are GORGEOUS!!! I love the first one! Edwin looks like he's having so much fun and you've brought him to life with your amazing coloring! And then Santa in Paris on Christmas Eve?? Amazing! Thanks so much for this wonderful idea and for putting it all together! You are amazing!!
hugs, Sharon

Sabina said...

Hello,
the two sheets are very nice!!!!!!!!!!
Greets

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Oh my! Your march page is wonderful.
Love the combination of DP's and the big snowflake.
The coloring is wonderful and so is your shading. The background around Edwin is awesome.
December...now I know these are some of your favourite colors and they look fabulous. You have really given it the effect of a really cold night with that background. Santa looks worn out.
"could someone please give me a drink".
Hugs Maz

Suzanne J Dean said...

These are both chilly fun but oh so COOL! Love the lil Edwin having a blast in the snow and pretty blues. But the Santa in Paris is AWESOME--so creative and fun, love him!

hugz,
Suzanne

Denise said...

What wonderful creations Angie. I'm sure Diana was absolutely thrilled!!! Great, great job!

Karen said...

I always enjoy looking at your creations, love little Edwin, and Paris is always a good idea...

DesignerDiva said...

Your cards are amazing I love everything you do you keep me inspired
Laurie X

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! I love the papers you used and your coloring of the images w/ backgrounds.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love your pages, Angie.......and I just know that Diana does too! Such a lovely gift to give to such a special lady.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Brook said...

Beautiful work. Just love your pages. The DP on the first page is wonderful. Love the Eiffel Tower in the background of the second page.

Sassylassy said...

Both calendar pages are spectacular. Yup this is one of the sweetest Blog hops ever. You gals are wonderful to do such a special project like this.
Hugs Bonnie

Candy said...

What a fantastic idea, Angie!
You have created two stunning pages!
WOW I adore both of them....
Hugs, Candy

Tiara Moore said...

What amazing pages! I love the Christmas in Paris page - what a great idea!

cabio's craft corner said...

These are beautiful Angie. Both shows great coloring and wonderful display of the winter outdoor scene :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Oh, your boss has sure got a lovely calendar! Now I've seen half of the calendarpages, and they just keep getting better and better. Both of your pages are just wonderful. The Decemberpage were absolutely breathtaking!
Love from Lisbeth

Linda Imler said...

Angie,

Your months are beautiful! December looks like an oil painting. Wonderful job
Linda I

Susan said...

Both pages are just breath taking. thank you for sharing.

Janiel/ janny said...

Stunning pages Angie!! Love them both..Your coloring is beautiful!!
hugs, Janiel

Robin said...

Angie, I always love looking at your work. These pages are wonderful!!!

x laura x said...

beautiful creations.
x laura x

NGCARDS said...

Two absolutely stunning pages hun! xxx

Jean said...

Oh my Angie, both these cards are so precious.. both for cold months yet both so very different.. March is so much fun and cheery with Edwin on his sled and a great big snowflake, so beautifully done, then there is Dec, so vintage, so old, so stunning... a beautiful and gorgeous card... Am in love with both of them... Great job.
Hugs, Jean

Carol said...

Wow! Great job! I have visited Paris at Thanksgiving and it was cold. I remember buying boots and walking the streets. I think I even bought 2 pair of boots it was so cold.
You did a great job on both months. Mahalo for sharing you always do such beautiful work. Are the lamp and Eiffel tower one time use only? I'm kinda new to Magnolias. (chchomehi@aol.com) Mahalo Aloha from Hawaii

Jeanet said...

Great work! I love that eiffel Tower with the Santa most! Hugs, Jeanet

Stempelsüchtling said...

2 beautiful cards, What an amazing calender!

Aussie Loz said...

they're both stunning Angie ♥

Elin said...

Wow what a nice calender this will be. I like the cool santa :)

Evelyn C said...

Great pages - Santa rocks for me!

Helena said...

Angie, your cards are amazing! I have used the Tilda stamp for my entry, lol!!! Not as good as yours though, still struggling with hair and cheeks!
xxxx

scrappinpeg said...

Wow this is just AWESOME WORK!

Tammy said...

What beautiful creations...your images are just darling in each of them.
smiles...Tammy

Related Posts with Thumbnails