LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, December 26, 2010

Traveling Tilda Journal...

Happy Day After Christmas Everyone!!!  I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas Day!  We had a wonderful holiday!!!  Our Christmas Eve party was a blast.  There were 25 of us, family and friends.  We ate...we laughed...we celebrated.  It was wonderful and I'm glad it's over!  Yesterday at my brother's house was very relaxing.  I got to sit back and not worry about entertaining anyone.  Today...we clean :-(

For now, I'd like to show you another gift that I made for the awesome 'Diana Crick'.  I am so thrilled that she likes it!  This is a set that includes a journal that I altered.  I hope you enjoy it.


Traveling Tilda Journal
This zebra print journal is actually covered with brown zebra stripes!  Brown being my favorite color, I fell in love with it.  I bought a set for myself as well - hehe.  Anyway, I envisioned Diana taking it with her on her travels and keeping notes.  Because of that, I chose to alter the journal cover with #377 Traveling Tilda and I put her up on the Magnolia suitcases, which is out of stock right now so I can't link you to it.  Traveling Tilda is from the Bon Voyage collection, which is one of my favorites.  I had purchased the entire collection and I still have several stamps from that collection that have gone un-inked so you'll be seeing them for sure in the coming year.  The lace is from my stash and I think the sentiment is from LOTV.


I colored these images with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Notice that Tilda's dress and shoes are Diana's favorite color :-)  Here are the details:

Copics - E000, 00, 02, 41, 42, 43, 44, R20, RV21, N1, 3

DI's - vintage photo, walnut stain, black soot, weathered wood, tumbled glass, worn lipstick, spun sugar, antique linen


Here's the whole set in the boxThe set consists of the journal, pencils, tissue, and a luggage tag.


Here is the candy box that I altered very simply by adding some dp's by Little Yellow Bicycle and ribbon from my stash.  Cs is Stampin' Up!  I cut the snowflakes with one of my dies, but for the life of me I don't remember which one!  I covered the snowflakes with stardust Stickles for a little bling.

That's all I have for today!  I hope your day is a magical one :-)

Ciao,

Angie

20 comments:

Renkata said...

Amazing project!
Such a great design!

Susie Sugar said...

Angie this is beautiful I bet Diane loved it to bits
Happy new year
Hugs Susie Sugar x

Barb Hardeman said...

Fabulous gift set Angie! The altered candy box is awesome too!
Hugs,
Barb

Angela said...

Another lovely gift idea!! Beautiful coloring as always!! Have to get this image. ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
hugs, Angela

Chris said...

Oh Angie, will you adopt me? This is such a lovely gift! I love that Tilda, too. I don't know if I have it. I hope I do. Diana is so sweet and she will just love this gift! You did a wonderful job! I love it!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Tina said...

the little tilda is sitting so sweet on the suitcase
- i like it so much
i wish you and your familie a happy new year
lG Tina

Shirley N said...

This is beautiful Angie and your coloring is gorgeous!!!

Lavender Rose said...

Amazing journal set and the box is fab too, love it!

Frea said...

Wow Angie, that's a great set!! Love the colours too, and the image is so appropriate! Hugs, Frea

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Your Journal looks terrific. Tilda looks gorgeous. Love how you colored the suitcases. Diana will love it.
The lace down the side just makes it that much more feminine,
I love your candy box too. The snowflake looks the perfect touch.
Hugs Maz

Liefs Ineke said...

schitterend gemaakt.

Groetjes van Ineke

Gail said...

what fabulous gift!! and much loved i'm sure..tfs..and merry Christmas..loves ya

Mandy said...

Angie this is absolutely gorgeous, your colouring is amazing as always
hugs Mandy xx

Dawn said...

What a thoughtful gift and you have done it beautifully. I love the coloring and color choice. Such a nice way to personalize a gift. Best wishes to you for the new year!

Jean said...

Beautiful travel book Angie a the rest of the set is just perfect for a person who travels and I am glad Diana loved it and glad you made one for yourself as I am sure you will be needing it for yourself this year... Love the colors and the ribbon... Great gift item...
Hugs, Jean

Sol said...

Great Colouring of Tilda! She looks so cute where she is sitting on top of the suitcases!!! Lovely Colours too!! :o)

Pia said...

woooow so beautiful, great work
hugs Pia

Hev said...

What a thoughtful gift idea. I love it, simple yet so very effective.
Hev x

Cordine said...

gorgeous gift items!
Hugs
Cordine

Diane said...

You've posted some wonderful projects lately, Angie and this is only one of them. I loved your Mini Magnolia Coupon Book,too - apart from the beautiful artwork, it's such a great idea!
Diane x

Related Posts with Thumbnails