LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tilda with Hanging Heart...


MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS DT

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!  My Oh My it's getting cold here in Michigan.  We're expecting to see the first snow fall here today.  Temps are expected to be in the 30's the rest of the week.  I'd better get my boots out!

Is it really December already???  OMGoodness!  Well, the Magnolia-licous DT has a very special sketch project this month.  Diana Crick challenged us to make a Christmas themed word frame!!!  What a cool idea and just in time for holiday decorating.  The DT has some wonderful ideas to help inspire you to make your own frame and enter it into the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge.

Here's my project.  I hope you like it!


Tilda with Hanging Heart

I chose to make a frame that you could put a family photo into.  This was definitely challenging for me because of the lack of space for images and embellishments.  I purchased an unfinished and inexpensive frame at a local craft store.  I also found the unfinished word 'Peace' there.  I remembered that I had a jar of Aleene's decoupage glue and decided that is how I would cover the frame.  First, I painted the word and the edges of the frame with Adirondack Dabber in cranberry.  When dry, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in 'pearl'.  Next, I chose dp's from BG's 'Eskimo Kisses' collection.  I tore the paper into little pieces and decoupaged it to the frame.  I added the American Crafts ribbon in a gift wrap fashion on the corners.  The metal snowflake is an ornament from the local craft store and I added LYB gems to it.  The little white snowflakes are by Little Yellow Bicycle and I added the same gems to the centers.


This little cutie pie is #3081 Tilda with Hanging Heart and she's readily available for purchase at Magnolia-licious.  She's part of Magnolia's Merry Christmas 2010 collection.  I colored her with Copic markers and added stardust Stickles for a little shine.  She's adhered to the frame with dimensionals.

Copics: E000, 00, 02, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, R00, 20, 81, 85, RV00, N1

I hope you enjoyed my project for today.  Don't forget to join in on the fun with your own Christmas word frame!  I can't wait to see it!!!

Ciao,

Angie

13 comments:

Rene said...

How very very pretty Angie! What a treasure you have created!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

Your frame is GORGEOUS. Love the papers and your Tilda is absolutely precious!

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) This is beautiful! LOVE the colors and ribbon! I have family that lives in Buchanan and Niles, Michigan and we hear stories about the snow out there. Crazy! But they love it there;0) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving;0)

Hugs
Cecelia B

Jean said...

Such an adorable frame Angie. Love your hanging heart Tilda and the paper is so perfect with your choice of your word... the snowflakes make it really look like Christmas...
Hugs, Jean

Patti Jo said...

Just love what you did with the frame. This Tilda is a perfect adornment to go along with a picture. Great project idea and terrific work Angie!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful project Angie--I love that sweet angel Tilda peeking down on it! Gorgeous details!

hugz,
Suzanne

Diane said...

This is a gorgeous photo frame you've created, Angie!
Diane x

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous frame and it's such a great gift idea. TFS Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh how precious is this Angie. Just love it. Thanks for the idea, will have to try it sometime. My first visit and love your blog. Have joined as a follower. hugs Sharon

Sharon Caudle said...

Angie, your frame is beautiful!!! I love the way you did the paper around the frame, and Tilda looks perfect there! Fabulous take on the challenge!
hugs, Sharon

Diana Crick said...

Angie, your frame is like a delightful parcel all wrapped in ribbon. Love the wooden PEACE, perfect added touch. Cool ides to tear the paper into pieces.
hugs, Diana

Aussie Loz said...

gorgeous, love the DP, that Tilda is so perfect for OTP creations ♥

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie, this is fabulous! I love how you've wrapped your frame and the word peace is so perfect! Tilda is just precious perched on her corner...hugs, Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails