LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snowy Hug...

Hello Everyone!!!  I've got a really quick post today.  I finally finished my Christmas shopping and grocery shopping, but I still have tons to do.  Absolutely nothing has been wrapped!  The cleaning lady is supposed to be here any minute and I've got to start preparing for the guests we're having tonight.  My hubby and son went to a movie, so I don't have anyone in my way :-)

I made some holiday gifts for Diana, one of the sweetest ladies that I know.  Her favorite color is teal blue and I found the perfect thing for her and altered it a bit.  Here it is:


Snowy Hug Snowflake Ornament



This ornament measures about 10-12 inches in diameter and is completely covered with glitter.  It's just beautiful.  When I saw it I immediately thought of Diana and just had to get it for her.  I altered it very simply by adding Magnolia's #3071 Snowy Hug to both the front and back of it.  I cut the image and it's background, from BG's 'Oliver' collection, with Spellbinder's Nestabilities.  I added stardust Stickles to the fur and snowy ground.



I colored the image with a combo of Copic markers and Ranger DI's.  The details follow:

Copics: E000, 00, 02, 41, 42, 43, 44, B00, R00, 20, RV21

DI's:  weathered wood, tumbled glass, black soot, fired brick

That's it for today!  Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Ciao,

Angie

13 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

This is awesome Angie! Your coloring is always so beautiful and your ideas are so very creative! I kind of think Diana will LOVE this very much...
Merry Christmas
Barb

Rosa-kreattiva said...

…………(¯`O´¯)
…………*./ | \ .*
…………..*♫*.
………, • '*♥* ' • ,
……. '*• ♫♫♫•*'
….. ' *, • '♫ ' • ,* '
….' * • ♫*♥*♫• * '
… * , • Felice' • , * '
…* ' •♫♫*♥*♫♫ • ' * '
' ' • . Natale . • ' ' '
' ' • ♫♫♫*♥*♫♫♫• * ' '
…………..x♥x
…………….♥
che tu possa trascorrere delle feste speciali con le persone a te care ciao rosa.kreattiva

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! This is adorable! I love the blue sparkly snowflake! This stamp is adorable on of my favorites from the Christmas Collection. You have really been crafting up a storm for being the busiest time of year!

Hope you have a great day.

Hugs, Mindy

Abbylicious said...

So beautiful Angie! Your coloring is always wonderful. Diana is going to love it!
Merry Christmas
Judy K.

Angela said...

Very beautiful! I'm sure she'll love this! Happy Holidays! hugs, Angela

Carrie said...

What a darling ornament!!!! She will love it.

Kelly Neis said...

Your friend will love this, very pretty. Try not to stress with all the work you have ahead of you. Its that time of the year. Merry Christmas.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
What a fabulous find and a fabulous way you have altered it. Such a perfect image for the centre. Diana will love it especially as it is her favorite color. I love how you have colored Tilda and Snowy.
I had to really zoom in to see that you have put spotted paper for the scallop circle. Nice touch.
You are clever to use both Copic's and distress inks. Not knowing anything about Copics I would guess you have used them for her face!!!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs Maz

Peggie said...

So cute. Merry Christmas!

Jean said...

A beautiful ornament Angie.. Am wondering if you have any other Christmas ornmaments as you seem to use this one the most... Seriously... It is beautiful and I know Ms Diana will just love is and you are so kind to make her the color that she loves the most... so very kind of you... vet it will go right in front of her tree... Have a Merry Christmas...
Hugs, Jean

Lisette Morris said...

Lucky Diana! It's so very sweet!

LINDA W. said...

Beautiful ornament
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year
Linda

Kim said...

Fabulous ornament and your coloring is awesome as always!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails