LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Magical Birthday!

Hi Everyone!  Yes, I'm back already!  I can't remember the last time I posted a new project two days in a row!  But, I received an exciting mystery package the other day from Magnolia and I couldn't wait to dig into it.  I'm so out of the loop these days that I had no idea a winter kit from Magnolia was about to arrive in my mailbox.  It was actually really nice not to expect it because the surprise was so WONDERFUL!

Since this image is from the winter kit and has not been released, I have no idea what the name of it is.  I'm calling her 'Marching Tilda' because she looks like she's in a parade!  If you haven't signed up for the kits, then this is a special little sneeky peek for you.  The stamps are just adorable!  No surprise there!!!  And, although they're not available for purchase just yet, be sure to check in at Magnolia-licious from time to time to see if they're there for pre-order.  I'll be sure to let you know as soon as they become available.

Here's my card.  I hope you like it :-)


A Magical Birthday

As I was going through my papers trying to pick some that felt right with this image, I came across this paper that reminded me of my friend Mindy - because of the pink and brown.  She loves to work with pink, white and brown and does such beautiful things with it.  So, I thought I'd give it a try.  It's still quite a bit darker than Mindy would do, but I guess that's just my spin on it.  My son looked at it on my craft table and said "it's just beautiful Momma".  What a sweetie! 

The dp's are from BG's 'Eva' collection and cs is Bazzill.  The pearls are by Zva Creative, and to be honest with you, I have no idea whether they're light pink or white.  I think the gorgeous striped ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Flowers are from Mindy and Wild Orchid Crafts.  I've been using these circular sentiments from Lili of the Valley a lot lately.  I just love them!  I bought two sets, including a Christmas set, and I keep them on my craft table and reach for them all the time.  Lastly, Tilda's crown got a thick coat of diamond Stickles for an added shimmer of gold.
 
This little cutie was colored with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with DI's.  Here's the details:

Copics - E000, 00, 02, 41, 42, 43, 44, R20, RV21, Y21, YR23, N1, 3

DI's - black soot, dusty concord, spun sugar, worn lipstick

Well, that's it for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you are all nearly ready for the holidays and will find some time to simply sit and relax a bit.

Ciao,

Angie

24 comments:

Tracy V. said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love it, those are some of my favorite colors too!! Your coloring is always so fabulous. Can't wait to get some of the new maggies!!
Tracy Valure

Card Crazy said...

What a magical image and magical card. Those DPs are absolutely luscious. Must Have!
Sue S.

Lisette Morris said...

So cute!! Your son was absolutely right! I love the pink and brown! I missed the winter kit, can't wait til they are on preorder!

Mandy said...

Aww she's such a cutie Angie, your son is right your card is beautiful, can't wait to find time to ink up my stamp club
hugs Mandy xx

Liddy said...

Fabulous card, love the colours. She's painted so gorgeous, really dances off the page.

Karen's Fun Blog said...

very beautiful!! : )

Jean said...

Beautifully done Angie.. love your card and I just got my Fall kit too and love that little Tilda too.. she looks so happy and excited.. am glad you used her first... great job... I just got mine cut out and ready to stamp up and color... but have one birthday in January that I shall send it to.. so glad I got the kit...
You did a marvelous job with the crown.. cute...
Hugs, Jean

Rosie said...

Wow, wow, wow Angie! Fabulous bday card...and it just so happens to be my bday today! :) Love the colors and that image is just too cute!! I can't wait for her to be released cause she's definitely on my "want" list (or as I tell my hubby...my "need" list, LOL). Thank you for sharing your talent! Hugs, Rosemary

Barb Hardeman said...

Your son has a good eye! Oooooh! What a wonderful sneaky peek at what is in store. Love the pink and brown and I think Mindy would say your did an outstanding job of it! Love the ribbon which matches the paper so perfectly!
Hugs,
Barb

Frea said...

Hi Angie, well your son is definitely right, it sure is a sweetie!! Love the paper you used!! Greetz, Frea

Tracey Feeger said...

This is stunning as always. I am spewing I didn't get this kit as I am loving it. No matter. Another time. I think Tilda doesn't look like a Tilda - she looks like a Layla or something like that LOL.
mwah
Trace

Peggie said...

What an absolutely fun card. What little girl isn't a princess, especially on her birthday. Love the colors. and the swirls.

Aussie Loz said...

I too got a lovely surprise when the kit arrives a few days ago! And they're all so cute! Love the pink & brown combo ♥

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Your son knows a fabulous card when he sees one!!!
How wonderful this one is and I love Tilda.
Thank you for the great sneak peak; so much to look forward to in the New Year!
Hugs, Candy

Shirl said...

She's an absolute cutie, isn't she...it's no wonder you're all excited! :) Gorgeous cards from you as always....I like the pink brown combination :)

paola said...

TFS, this card is absolutely stunning!! the weird thing is that it is my birthday today and i subscribe to your posts and the notice for this card came into my inbox this morning with all my birthday wishes from friends and family, so thanks again, it feels like MY birthday card, and your cards are extra special as i hav admired your style for ages.
smiles
Paola

cabio's craft corner said...

That's so gorgeous Angie. Love her glittery crown. She is too cute :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

This is a fun cute card just like you!
Merry Christmas Angie!
Sandy Claus

becca said...

I love the colour combo and the BG papers. Your son is right - it's beautiful!

Leslie Avila said...

You're son is right, it's beautiful! You have such the designers eye! Super job Angie!

Merry Christmas~
Leslie Avila

Jane said...

She is so cute I just love her little crown.

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie!

This is GORGEOUS!!! I just love that pink reminds you of me :) Your coloring is amazing, this stamp is so cute! I haven't seen any of the Winter kit. It's darling, so is the sentiment. Beautiful, beautiful!!!!

Hugs, Mindy

Marijke said...

Wauw Angie,
She is LOVELY!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Patti Jo said...

A magical card to go with the magical birthday!!! Adorable card and your work is always awesome!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails