LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gingerbread Tilda...

Hi Everyone!  This is the last handmade Christmas gift that I will be showing to you.  It is another altered journal.  I made this one as 'Secret Santa' to one of my Magnolia-licious DT sisters.  These journals are so much fun to alter and can be used for any occassion.  This is going to be a quick post as I have a ton of accounting to tend to today.  Hooray for me - NOT!


Gingerbread Tilda Altered Journal
I bought a plain green journal at a local store - green because it would work well with Christmas papers.  I chose my favorite dp's from October Afternoon.  Aren't they just so warm and homey?  I just love the winter trees and houses.  It looks like a wonderful small town.  I saved the scraps so I can do something else with them over the winter.  I thought Magnolia's #3067 Gingerbread Tilda would be perfect for this project.  I cut the image image and background with Spellbinder's Nestabilities.  The mitten bookmark was also done with a new set of Christmas Nestabilities that I absolutely LOVE!  I tied them with some of the brown/white baker's twine that I bought in Sweden.

I wanted to include a sentiment, but I didn't want to cover the image or dp's.  I decided to make a tag and tuck it behind the image.  You can see in the first photo how it provided a bit more of a backdrop to the image.
In this photo, you can see the entire tag with the sentiment (I don't remember who it's by).

I colored the image with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's, but in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I didn't mark what I used - Sorry!

Thank you so much for visiting.  I love to read the comments you leave and I greatly appreciate the time it takes.  Check back soon for a new Magnolia-licious DT project!

Ciao,

Angie

23 comments:

Frea said...

Hi Angie, lovely project hun!! The papers are so sweet and of course Tilda is very pretty with her little basket! Hugs, Frea

angel4031 said...

WOW Gorgeous xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful project, Angie! Love the papers and colors and those mittens are a perfect addition! Fabulous work as always!!!
hugs, Sharon

Uschi said...

Ein Traum!!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome project Angie. Love the removable tag and the cute mittens! Beautiful card...hugs...Barb

Chris said...

This is adorable! I love the mittens and the tag, too! You've got another masterpiece here! Great work on the coloration. It's perfect!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Abbylicious said...

Absoultly beautiful Angie, I always love your creations!!!
Judy K.

pinky said...

Angie its just gorgeous, love the bright papers and how you have coloured the image. Like the tag idea too:) Enjoy the sums lol.

Beth said...

Angie, love this! Gorgeous coloring, as usual, and love the papers and the cute little mittens! Great job!

Hugs,
Beth
http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Angie! This turned out great. I love how you used the nesties to make a tag and put behind Tilda.
The DP's look great. The little mittens are so cute. Love your coloring and the colors you chose.
Hugs Maz

Patti Jo said...

You've colored her beautifully, of course and love how you've added the mittens and the tag! Fantastic journal Angie! So creative!!!

Angela said...

This is gorgeous Angie! I love the removable tag behind this sweet Tilda and how cute are those mittens?!! I have to pick up those papers too - love them! Your projects are always inspiring to me! <3

Oh I don't envy you that accounting assignment... ugh! ;)

hugs, Angela

megline said...

Beautiful project, just georgous,
Hugs, Line

charlene said...

Just beautiful Angie as always !

Pat said...

Hi Angie...another fabulous project, darlin!!! Love it!!
Pat Frank

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Angie, such a cute project. Just love the little hidden tag and the little mittens. tilda is so cute, wonderfully colored. the paper is also very lovely.
Hugs.
Danielle

Manuela said...

Wow, so gorgeous, Angie! Love the papers and the way you have colored the image.
Hugs, Manuela

Goth Honey said...

Hi Angie

Fantastic project, I really like it - I'm glad you used Gingerbread Tilda, she's very unusual. Lovely!

Laura
x

Kathy Gerace said...

Love your card! Your coloring is great! You did your usual amazing job bringing all the details together for yet another fab card!
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

Chris said...

Gorgeous Angie, a really lovely idea and such wonderful colouring and papers. Wishing you a very happy new year and all good things for 2011. Hugs, Chris

Diane said...

What a lovely project, Angie! I especially love the tag greeting and the mottens bookmark - and you fabulous colouring, of course!
A wonderfully happy 2011 to you and those you love!
Diane x

kramer_buffy said...

not sure why this post didn't come into my email, so glad I decided to come and check the blog when I just got the new post. this is gorgeous (as usual), but there is something about her (not sure what) and in the way you colored her that I think she is my fav...

-- dalis

Fran said...

Angie your card design is outstanding. Your coloring is right on. Hus=gs, Fran

Related Posts with Thumbnails