LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cozy Christmas Wishes...

Hi Everybody!  Well, we've got just 7 days til the big day!!!  I hope you're ready!  I still have a few bits and pieces to take care of, but the big stuff is done.  Today we're hosting a swim party for my son's 7th birthday.  I can't believe he's 7 already!  How did he get older when I didn't???  Anyway, we've got about 18 kids coming so it should be a blast.  They have an hour to swim and then pizza and cupcakes afterwards.  They should all be pretty well pooped out by the end.

I was browsing through some of my stamp drawers, for some reason, the other day.  I had forgotten what was in them and decided to take a look.  I found some Lili of the Valley images that I had purchased months ago for Christmas cards.  Yes, Magnolia's are still my numero uno favorites, but it's nice to color something else now and again too.  I must say though, that the Lili of the Valley images are probably my second favorite.  I have a small little bunch of them that are just waiting for my attention.  I stamped a few of them and then grabbed my Copics.  To be honest, I was so consumed with the coloring that I don't even know how much time passed.  And, not once did I reach for my inks!  This image is 100% colored with Copics.  I haven't done that in a while either.

Another thing I haven't done in a while is enter a challenge.  I made my way over to the LOTV Challenge Blog to see what's going on there and they have a really simple and fun sketch you can use to enter their challenge.  I decided to go for it.  Here's what I came up with:


Cozy Christmas Wishes

I have no idea what the name of the image is and the store is closed so I couldn't look it up.  Sorry!  But, isn't he just the cutest little bugger!  He reminds me of my lil' guy :-)   

The dp's are from the My Mind's Eye 'Dear Santa' collection.  The colors are so fresh and crisp.  I just love how they look with the silver snowflake ornaments that I got at Michael's.  Cs is by Bazzill.  The gems are from my stash.  I used a Spellbinder's Nestabilities die to cut out the image.  The Stampendous sentiment was cut out using a circle punch.  The white loop background behind the red dp pieces were punched with a new MS punch.


As I mentioned, this image was colored with Copics.  I failed to keep track of them though.  Sorry!  The tree and Santa hat fur got a dusting of Flower Soft 'Polar White'.  The star garland on the tree got a coat of diamond Stickles for a little sparkle.  The gems that I used for tree ornaments were clear until I colored them with a red Copic marker.

Lastly, thank you all so very much for stopping by my blog and for leaving such sweet and generous comments.  I wish I could thank you all individually for them, but life isn't as generous with time.  I read each and every one of them and they really do mean a lot to me.  So, thank you again so very much!

That's all I have for today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Try to find some time to color.  It will help you relax a bit during the holiday season :-) 

Ciao,

Angie

6 comments:

Frea said...

Hi ANgie, an adorable card and the image is really lovely. I used to colour only Magnolia but am now slowly discovering other stamps as well. There is so much out there!! Greetz, Frea

Jane said...

angie he's adorable I love your work and this card is just so cute.

charlene said...

Angie I have to agree I love the little LOTV images as well...your card is amazing love it !
Hugs

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

This is beautiful! I just love LOTV! You did a great job coloring with all copics! It's fun to do something different here and there I totally agree!

I hope your son had a great party too.

Hugs, Mindy

Beth said...

Angie, this little guy is just too cute! Love your card!
Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Beth

http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Christina C. said...

Hi Angie! It just can't get any cuter than this....absolutely STUNNING!!!! Happy holidays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails