LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Santa Edwin...

Hey Everybody!!!  I can't get over how fast time goes by!  I've been working to get caught up on my commitments and my projects.  I was working on a project for next week and really having trouble with it.  I colored some images that I just didn't like on my project (which is a secret for now).  So, I decided to take one of the images and make a card with it.  I haven't worked with Magnolia's 'Edwin' for a while, so this was a bunch of fun.  I'm still loving the whole Christmas theme and I'm trying to ink up every one of my images from Magnolia's 'Merry Christmas 2010' collection before the big day arrives.

Here's my card...I hope you like it!


SANTA EDWIN
This great little guy is '#173 Santa Edwin'!  I think he is just adorable sitting there looking at the Christmas list.  I've paired him with #482 Snowy Circle and #743 Merry Christmas.  I get all of my Magnolia stamps at Magnolia-licious because they truly do have the best selection and best prices in the United States.  Shipping is very fast and they have fantastic customer service. 

The dp's I selected are from PinkPaislee's 'Father Christmas' collection.  It's one of my absolute favorite collections this year.  Cs is Bazzill, of course.  Edwin is sitting mounted to a background cut with my Spellbinder's Nestabilities.  I used Stickles all over the place in Stardust and Xmas Red.  The cute little felt ornament is by Little Yellow Bicycle.


I colored Edwin with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Details are below:

Copics: E000, 00, 02, 41, 44, R20, N1, 3

DI's: walnut stain, black soot, peeled paint, weathered wood, antique linen

That's all I have for today.  To all of you in the USA, I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.  To everyone else, have a wonderful day.  Thanks so much for visiting :-)

Ciao,

Angie

22 comments:

Laurie Flannery said...

awesome card. love the coloring. thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Frea said...

Wow Angie, what a gorgious card!! Love the colours you used and obviously Distress Ink and Copics combine perfectly together!! Hugs, Frea

Rene said...

So adorable! Beautiful coloring as always :D
Rene

Sandy said...

Pretty, pretty Christmas Card Angie. I love the DP you used.
Sandy

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous!! I DP is beautiful and great sketch too!

Christina C. said...

Angie, this is absolutely darling! Once again, a stunning work of art!

shelly said...

Such a cute card Angie! This Edwin is so cute and your coloring is always just so stunning! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Beth said...

Adorable card, Angie! Beautiful coloring, as always, and love the DP you chose!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Beth
http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Abbylicious said...

Beautiful card Angie, I love your style!
Judy K.

Candy said...

Such an awesome card, Angie :o)
Sure wish you could come and teach me....
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs, Candy

Aussie Loz said...

gorgeous colouring ♥

paola said...

Your work is always so amazing Angie, colored perfectly and the added ornament as an embellishment is the perfect touch to finish it off, STUNNING!
smiles
Paola

Only By His Grace said...

Lovely card Angie. Love the designer paper with the Santa's on.
Also love the stamp around the Spellbinder die. your coloring as usual is wonderful
Hugs Maz

KayBeHybrid said...

awesome card.. your coloring is beautiful..
Hugs, Katrin

Ingrid said...

You're cards are so amazing... I haven't seen one I didn't like :-)
I have an award for you on my blog if you're ready to pick it up.
Hugs Ingrid

Kim said...

Beautiful!! Love your coloring and the papers you used are gorgeous!! TFS!!

Diana Crick said...

What a cutie pie....I hope I am on his list. I must agree the DP is very special. Your painting brings dear Edwin to life, truly 3D. Awesome work Angie!
hugs, Diana

Marijke said...

Lovely card Angie!
Hugs,
Marijke

cathylynn said...

OHH-LA-LA. What an adorable card. The colors are magnificient and Edwin is a cutie pie!! As always your creations are incredible Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

pinky said...

He is so cute yet very manly looking! Edwin is definitely my favourite of the magnolia stamps. Love this card.
pinky

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome card Angie. I lvoe the way you displayed it on the mirror! Your coloring is to die for - always so pretty. Love the ornament you attached to the ribbon. Just all round fantastic!

cabio's craft corner said...

You fabulous coloring job on Edwin made him look extra handsome. This is an unique and gorgeous Christmas card Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Related Posts with Thumbnails