LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, November 8, 2010

Brrrr..It's Cold. I need a 'Snowy Hug'

Hello Again!!!  Wow, what an exciting weekend we had!  On Saturday I taught a class showing how to watercolor with distress inks.  Shout out to you ladies!!!  We had really great turn out and I think everyone had a good time and learned a little.  I met some great ladies and I'm hoping to see them all again at come card classes and workshops in the future.

Now I'm trying to put together some monthly card classes and quarterly workshops, so let me know if you live in the southeastern Michigan area and might be interested. 

So, also on Saturday, I received my Magnolia-licous design team package!!!  I got some yummy new Christmas stamps and I finally got to ink one up today.  I chose to start with a stamp that includes a snowman because I love them so much.  I hope you like it...

Snowy Hug

Doesn't that look like a nice warm hug on a cold and snowy day?  Oh how I love this stamp!  Tilda looks so pleased with the little snowman that she built.  This little cutie is called "Snowy Hug" and you can get it at Magnolia-licious.  It looks like it's a very popular image so it's on re-order right now.  But there are still so many other new Magnolia Christmas stamps there to choose from.  I'm sure you'll fall in love with many others.


The dp's and tags are from my favorite MME "Holly Jolly" collection.  I know it's soon, but, I just had to use them again.  All cs is from Bazzill.  I cropped the image to a 4x4 square, used a corner rounder punch, and then matted it with two pieces cut with my new Cricut 'Christmas Cards' cartridge.  Just love it!  Those gorgeous flowers are by Prima.  I grabbed the ribbon and brads from my stash.  I applied diamond and stardust Stickles all over the place.  The pretty little gems are by LYB.  This is a 6x6 card by the way.  I usually use 5.5x5.5, but lately I've been using some larger images and they don't leave much room for embellies with the smaller card.


I colored this image with a combination of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger DI's.  The details are as follows:

Copics:  E00, 000, 02, 41, 42, 43, 44, R20, C1, 3, B00, BG93, W1, 5

DI's:  fired brick, antique linen, walnut stain, tumbled glass, weathered wood, black soot

I hope you enjoyed my project.  Thank you for stopping by.  As always, thank you for the lovely comments that you leave.  I read every one and they always make my day.

Ciao,

Angie

37 comments:

Leslie Avila said...

Super cute Christmassy card! Your coloring is phenomenal! Seriously!

Hugs to you~
Leslie Avila

Peggie said...

cute card. Love the coloring and the poinsettias. I seriously want this image.

charlene said...

One word "Amazing" your coloring is over the top and I love those poinsettias....I so want this image !
Hugs

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

This is so stinkin cute! I got my stamps today, this one was already out of stock.. It's so darling. I love the colors and the background. I cannot wait till you show me how to do it! I love the flowers and that ribbon. Just darling! Stunning work of art!

Hugs, Mindy

Barb Hardeman said...

Just so gorgeous with those fabby flowers. I just got my stamps today, but haven't had a chance to ink up anything. Your coloring is so fabulous - it's really amazing! Love the dp and the pretty ribbon is such a beautiful finishing touch!
Hugs,
Barb

Julie said...

So cute, fabulous coloring, and great layout. That image is one of the latest on my "gotta have it" list.

Hugz,
Julie

LindaC said...

Awesome card. Great job of coloring! Linda C

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Angie, Am I ever looking forward to receiving and inking this stamp. I just love your card. Fabulous flowers, perfect touch to complete this fabulous image. Your coloring is wonderful and brings Tilda and snowman alive.
Hugs.`
Danielle.

Jean said...

OMG Angie, Love this card and the snowman and Tilda.. your did such a wonderful job on it.. Love your choice of Poinsettias that you used.. A perfect card..
Hugs, Jean

Larisa said...

It is adorable!! Love the image a lot! The paper is fantastic too)))

Rene said...

Snowy Hug is my favorite stamp of all time! And what you have done with it is incredible! Just beautiful!

shelly said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! The flowers are so pretty. Your coloring is just beautiful as always. I really wanted this stamp, but now I really really want it! A beautiful inspiring project will do that =) TFS!

Craftin Kay said...

Angie,

Adorable!!!! Love it!!

Linda I

Ageeth Holster said...

Your card a really adorable! Great colouring and love the flowers and paper you used.
Have a nice day, Ageeth

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty shabby Tilda card Angie. Such a sweet card!!
Hugs,
Cabio

jamiegee said...

Angie, as always, your work is amazing! I'm very new to this wonderful addiction of card-making and I'm following everything you do! I hope to someday have just a fraction of your creativity. This card is just gorgeous!

Hugs,
Jamie

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
I think everyone has it said already.
I will just add it's beautiful and leave it at that!
Hugs, Candy

Silvie Z said...

Amazing card, Angie! Beautiful colors and those red flowers are so yummy!!! Really a gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

pinky said...

Oh its so gorgeous Angie, I want to hug him too!!
Pinky

Anneke said...

wow, this card is really amazing!
Hugs Anneke

Louise said...

Beautiful card and awesome coloring , love it...

Frea said...

Hi Angie, great card and yes that stamp is an absolute must have!! Aren't you lucky as a DT member!! Flowers are also very nice.
Greetz, Frea

Corinne said...

How adorable....love the colors. Your coloring is perfect and so inspiring. Love the card. The poinsettia's add the perfect touch.
Hugs~
Corinne

Deeanna said...

wow what a cute card.. Love love love it:}

Christina C. said...

How STUNNING!!!! What a fabulous job you did coloring and showcasing this wonderful image!!! Love, love it!

Diana Crick said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING....this image is one of my favourites and you have so brought it to life. I can almost hear the little giggle and feel the gentle squeeze Tilda is making as she hugs Snowie! Superb indeed!
hugs, Diana

Turid Mari said...

Oh! I just love this card!!! Your coloring is perfect and I love the way you've made the snowy background :) Thank you for the inspiration :)
Hugs from Turid..

Patti Jo said...

Just awesome Angie! What a great design and your coloring is the best! Wonderful details you've added too!

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

cathylynn said...

STUNNING!!! WOW!! The colors are absolutely AWESOME. I also love the snow falling too. Soo dare adorable!

Janette said...

this is so beautiful! I always love your coloring. The papers are beautiful and this image is so cute. It is on my birthday list for sure

Debby said...

Adorable card!!!!

Renkata said...

So cute and jolly card.

Carolinne Kratz M. Rosa said...

Beautiful cards you make. Love it. Congrats. Want this image! ;)

Lisette Morris said...

Such a sweet holiday card. Your coloring as always is my favorite and I love the vintage feel of this card. Beautiful!

Beth said...

Beee-utiful! Love this image, and your coloring is awesome, as usual!

Jean said...

These ornaments are so precious Angie.. they look easy to color and use for so many different things... Am glad you used them to make ornaments.. they are so adorable...
Hugs, Jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails