LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tilda wants a hug...

Hey Ya'll!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was busy and fast.  I started Saturday with a birthday lunch for my cousin, while my hubby was racing cyclocross.  The card I'm going to show you today was made for her.  Unfortunately, she had a sugar reaction (she's diabetic) and we had to reschedule the lunch.  She's ok though.  Anyway, I stopped by the market to get the makings of Osso Buco for our dinner guests that evening.  I hadn't made it in quite a while and I was really looking forward to it.  It was wonderful!  As was the company that evening.  Sunday we made snow cones out of blueberry juice and a bit of sugar.  Then my hubby went for a bike ride, I went to my craft room, and our son visited gramma.   Before we knew it, the day was spent and so were we.  Why is it the weekends go so fast!!!

I've been lucky to be spending a lot of time in my craft room lately.  I have some things in the works that I can't mention right now, but I think they're exciting.  All in good time!  As you may have noticed, I've been making quite a few cards lately and it feels great.  I feel like I'm in a really good groove with crafting right now.  I'm really happy with most everything that I've produced.  I'm almost afraid to say that out loud for fear of jinxing myself!

Anyway, back to the reason we're here.  I made another card with one of the really versatile new Magnolia Christmas images.  Here she is...



Tilda Wants a Hug
As you can tell by the title, this is #3078 Tilda Wants A Hug from Magnolia's new 'A Merry Little Christmas' 2010 collection.  She's currently available for pre-order at Magnolia-licious so get on over there and get your ordered before it's too late!  Now, I know I said I was tired of Fall cards already, but I couldn't help myself.  I had painted this cutie with green and red and didn't want to make a Christmas card out of her since it was to be for my cousin's birthday.  So, I browsed through my endless supply of 6x6 paper pads and found these lovely, rich Fall colors.  I couldn't pass them up!  Did you notice that I said that I painted the image first?  I usually don't do that.  Paper selection is usually what drives the color choices for the image.

The dp's are from PinkPaislee's 'Old School' collection and I just LOVE 'EM!  The colors are so rich and vibrant.  I used SU cs this time.  The flowers and leaves were made using Magnolia DooHickey dies: Doily Flowers and Bon Voyage Foliage, both are available right now at Magnolia-licious.  I think they are STUNNING!  They look very '70's flower childish'.  The large pearl brads are from the Magnolia shop in Sweden.  The string is from my stash.


I colored this little cutie using watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  The list of colors is as follows:

tea dye, tattered rose, walnut stain, antique linen, forest moss, fired brick

That's all I have for today.  I hope you find some crafting time.

Ciao,

Angie

30 comments:

Rene said...

So pretty! Have fun with your class!

LindaC said...

This is so pretty. I love the look of the distressed ink! LindaC

Beth said...

Angie, what a gorgeous card! Love your coloring, the dp you chose, and those beautiful flowers!

~Beth

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Angie, bet of luck on your class! I hope it's a huge success! What an excellent birthday card this is. Your paining is just perfect and I love the Doo Hickey dies leaves and flowers. The paper is gorgeous and works beautifully with your layout! Stunning card...
Hugs,
Barb

Denise said...

What a precious card girl! Your color rocks as usual, and I LOVE the paper flowers. Pure fabulousness.

Diana Crick said...

She is absolutely adorable, I LOVE the fall colours. It is nice to see the flowers cut from patterned paper, incredibly effective!! Amazing coloring of course...you are a Master Artist!
hugs, Diana

Only By His Grace said...

Adorably gorgeous. Love how you did the die cut flowers.
Colouring as always is perfect.
hugs marion (Maz)

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

This is darling! I love your coloring, such a great layout and LOVE the papers. Gorgeous card!

weekends do go by fast,It sounds like you had a fantastic one though!

Hugs!

Jean said...

So sweet Angie.. love the colors you chose and love the background. your Tilda is colored so perfectly to match the pp and the flowers are so perfect and also match the pp.. not fall but not winter either.. just a beautiful color.. loving every bit of this card.
Hugs, Jean

Ageeth Holster said...

Beautiful card, so nice colours and coloured!
Have a nice day, Ageeth

Candy said...

Angie your card is stunning in it's fall colours.
Painted beautifully as always.
Must be great to spend so much time in your craft room to really 'get into the feeling of every card you create'. It sure shows in your wonderful work :o)
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card Angie!! Your cute Tilda and dp picks is great :o)
hugs,
Cabio

craftymum said...

gorgeous card Angie
sarah x

cathylynn said...

WOW Angie!! This card totally rocks! As always you did an amazing job with those distressed inks. I love all the colors and EVERYTHING about your card. You are so talented!

Monique said...

It's gorgious !!!

Hugs from the Netherlands
Monique

Shelby Goolsby said...

Gorgeous Angie! The colors you used are stunning and I am going to have to get those DooHickeys.

Julie said...

Such a pretty card. Love those flowers

sandy said...

The colors on this card are amazing - wonderful card!
Sandy

Cordine said...

It's stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Patti Jo said...

You make her even sweeter with your awesome coloring Angie! Love how you did the flowers! Fantastic work as always!!! Sure would love to take your class....only 14 hours away!!! :)

Julie said...

It's perfect! I love the rich fall colors. Sure wish I could attend your class. ;-)

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Hi Angie! I'm a Copic girl but I would love to try watercoloring. I won't be able to make it to your classes. Do you think you will consider doing online video class courses (like Suzanne Dean) and teach that as a course? I would sign up for sure!

Leslie Avila said...

Angie,
Lovely as usual! You inspire me!

Hugs~

Leslie Avila

Lily said...

Gorgeous card, love the background effect!

anilisblogg said...

Hi Angie,
gorgeous card and I love those colors!
Just want to thank you for showing us how to color with distress ink, when you was wisiting Magnolia shop in Sweden.
When I came home I bought some paper and started painting. From now on I will use this technique of yours! Love it! You can see the result in my blog. Welcome!

Anita from Sweden.

Marijke said...

Hello Angie,

Lovely card!
Fabulous coloured!!!

Hugs,
Marijke

Camilla said...

Love Love Love Angie!!
So beautiful coloring.
You are a star.
Hug Camilla

Candy said...

Angie,
Great card!! Love your colours :o)
Beautiful work as always.
Your cards are fantastic, you can tell how much you are enjoying your card making.
Hugs, Candy

Kim said...

Beautifully done!! Love the colors you chose for this. The background around Tilda is really nice. TFS!!
Hugs,
Kim

Lauraline said...

I really love that card! I've been following your blog for a while now, but this one is my favorite! There is something about the color combination and the sketch that I really like. And I just ordered the flower die... I have to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails