LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, October 1, 2010

Tilda the Good Witch...

MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS!

TGIF Everyone!  What a MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS day it is today!!!  Today is a very special day for me because it was my turn to come up with a project to challenge my DT girlfriends.  I started out as scrapbooker so I went back to my roots for this challenge.  I used to really enjoy making little scrapbooks and one of my favorites is the 'paper bag book'.  So, I decided to ask the DT to make something with a Fall or Halloween theme using a brown paper lunch bag.

You can also enter the challenge with your own creation.  The details are posted on Magnolia-licious Hightlites Challenge Blog.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Here's my creation.  I JUST LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!


Tilda the Good Witch
I just think this image is so cute!  She looks as if she just plunked down in the middle of those pumpkins!  The image is Witch Tilda & Pumpkins and she is sitting up against the image titled Pumpkin & Leaves.  I don't see that either are currently in stock at Magnolia-licious right now, but let Diana know and I'm sure she'll get them for you.  The very first thing I did with my paper bag was to spray the entire surface with black Glimmer Mist.  It has a silver shimmer to it and the effect is gorgeous.  The dp's are from BG's 'Eerie' collection and cs is Bazzill. The black flower is by Magnolia.  All ribbons are from my stash.  I collect ribbons, paper and flowers so I have a pretty good assortment.  The gems are from Little Yellow Bicycle.


This photo shows how the poem slides out of the pocket that was created when I folded the bag in half.  Along the crease, I punched three holes, secured them with eyelets, and added the ribbons. 


I found this poem on the internet and there was no author listed.  The picket fence was punched with a new MS punch for Halloween.  The embellies are from Little Yellow Bicycle.

Here's the inside of the card.  The embellies are from Little Yellow Bicycle, The Paper Company and Jolee's Boutique.  I used my Nestibilities to cut the jagged circles for the sender of the card to write a personalized message.  The shape reminds me of a spider web, so I added the cute little spiders to it.  The sentiment on the right is by Hero Arts.  #479 Bat is by Magnolia and is available right now at Magnolia-licious.


I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  The details are as follows:

Copics - E00, 02, 42, 43, 44, 50, RV21

DI's - black soot, walnut stain, weathered wood, shabby shutters, spiced marmalade, dried marigold, wild honey, bundled sage, forest moss, dusty concord

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by and for all of your lovely comments that you leave behind.  I read everyone of them and they always bring a smile to my face.  I truly appreciate them :-)

Ciao,

Angie 




19 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Angie

OMg this is absolutely stunning, what wonderful inspiration thank you.

Hugs Ali x

Angela said...

What a beautiful creation, Angie. So many details to your card - really amazing and your coloring is inspiring for sure! Can't wait to see more tutorials!! ;)

Enjoy Sweden, hugs, Angela

Jennifer said...

Angie the is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you have utilized the paper bag, spraying it with the black glimmer mist is brilliant and your ribbons are yummy. Love it all!
hugs

Christina C. said...

Wow, Angie, this card is pure MAGIC! You really put a lot of work into this stunning creation and the end result was well worth the effort.
GORGEOUS!!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Angie! So creative and so beautifully colored. Fantastico!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Shirley N said...

OMGosh your project is awesome and your coloring is just gorgeous!

charlene said...

What can I say except agree with all the above comments you are an inspiration for sure ! Beautiful job Angie♥

Teri said...

This is sooo darn sweet!! I just love, love the idea of using the paper bag for a card!! Very clever and the whole thing is gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Patti Jo said...

Love your paper bag book Angie!!! Outstanding coloring and love all the details!!! Wonderful collection of embellishments!!! Thank you for the challenge, it was great fun to do!!!

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Absolutely fantastic work!
Hugs~

PJ said...

Angie,
Just love your work. You are so creative with your work and the detail is just wonderful. You simply do not leave anything out! Your website is one I truly enjoy visiting!

BA said...

this is absolutely stunning angie
so many wonderful details.
xoxo BA

Mare said...

Angie, Tilda the good witch is just a darling card. You did a beautiful job. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cordine said...

she's awesome! Love it!
Hugs
Cordine

cabio's craft corner said...

Another gorgeous creation Angie. Very festive and bootiful!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Camilla said...

Angie!
The card on Tilda is so nice. Lovely colors and beautifully decorated.
I wish you a nice trip to Sweden!
And on Saturday we meet, it'll be fun.
Hugs Camilla

Lisette Morris said...

This is fantastic. I can't wait to get started on thi project. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you are having a fantastic time in Sweden!

Lavender Rose said...

This is amazing, so much to look at and stunning colouring. I love the pocket detail, gorgeous!

RubyM:) said...

Sorry Angie i thought i was here already sorry sorry sorry. This is so creative and bootiful of course.I love the coloring as always.How clever of you to add a poem.Every detail is so well put together.What a challenge i look foward to see what everybody comes up with.I will try to play along if time permits.I might have to pull a Suzanne on using the paper bag lmbo!!! she's so funny ,I LOVE HER LOl!Thanks for the inspiration girl,RubyM:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails