LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sneaky Tilda...

Hey Hey Hey Everyone!  Well, I'm getting back into my groove again after my trip.  From your comments, I could see that you enjoyed the photos.  What a gorgeous country!  I already can't wait to go back.

The day before the grand re-opening at Magnolia, I was given the wonderful surprise gift of choosing a few stamps from the new 'A Merry Little Christmas 2010' collection so that I could use them during my watercolor demonstration in the shop.  It was such a joy to see all of the new stamps sitting there just waiting for all of our little hands to get hold of them.  This is my first card with one of the stamps that I selected.  She's called 'Sneaky Tilda' and she's so versatile that I used her for a birthday card for my friend Debbie.  I decided to enter this card in the Magnolia Stamp Lovers 'sparkle' challenge.  Here she is...


Sneaky Tilda

This little cutie is Sneaky Tilda and she's from Magnolia's 'A Merry Little Christmas' collection for 2010.  A friend of mine is celebrating her birthday this week, so I wanted to make a card for her.  I couldn't wait to use my new stamps and this one is perfect for just about any celebration.  She will be available at Magnolia-licious very soon.
These gorgeous dp's are by PinkPaislee.  I think the collection is called 'Sweetness'.  And they are!!!  I used Bazzill cs.  The frame was cut using the Magnolia DooHickey 'Old Swedish Lace' die.  I cut the image and the sentiment (from Catslife Press) with Spellbinder's dies.  I found the pearls in one of my ribbon drawers and made a bow from them.  The flowers are from both Magnolia and Wild Orchid Crafts.  I haven't used many flowers on my projects lately, so I went a bit crazy with them!  To add a little bling, all flowers were given some sparkle with stardust Stickles.

I colored this little lady using a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Ink.  Here are the details...

Copics:  EOO, 02, 42, 43, 44, 50, 57, RV21, W1

DI's:  antique linen, tumbled glass, walnut stain, black soot, tattered rose, weathered wood, vintage photo

That's all I have for today.  Have an awesome day and try to find some time for coloring!

Ciao,

Angie

26 comments:

Magali said...

I am always waiting for your creations, you are so talented. Your coloring is just perfect and you give this vintage look that I love !!!
Love your backgrounds so much.
I'm a big fan !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

marijke said...

I have just one word for it......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

angel4031 said...

Ooooh Angie this is stunning xxx

RubyM:) said...

Hey Angie i was here the other day in th emiddle of a long post and i my computer shut off grrr that happens to me A LOT!!!!! I was saying that the pictures were great and how i like the lady that was climbing on the building she looked very real.The rollercoasters look so scary no way i will get on them lol! The picture of those gorgeous homes look like Edwins town lol!!!

Your santa card is adorable and the coloring is perfect.I always seem to drool on your DP LOL!!!

This card is soooo pretty.When i shop for maggies one thing i "TRY" to do is make sure to get one that could be versatile.When i saw this one i said bday card.I will be getting it she is lovely.UHHH you did awsome with her and Debbie will be in awe for sure.Take care,RubyM:)

Zoe said...

Angie, what can I say that everyone else wont be saying? :) SIMPLY stunning as always. :) hugs xxoo

Pen to Paper said...

Wow this is so pretty. I like the color scheme, the stamp, and the background you'd added to the stamp. So pretty. And the Happy birthday stamp is cute too.

Hugs,

Jackie

Angela said...

What a pretty photo this is with the flowers in the background! Very romantic looking. Gorgeous job on this card with the beautiful coloring and embellishing. I do love those papers. Must find them! hugs, Angela

charlene said...

Angie your card is just stunning ...love how you did the inking around her. Just beautiful
Hugs

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

beautiful!! I love the vintage feel and she does look great for a birthday card!

Leslie Avila said...

Angie,
Always a pleasure to browse your blog. Love this wonderful card! Your coloring is fabulous!
Blessings from Georgetown~
Leslie

Christina C. said...

What a magnificent job you have done with this adorable image!!!!!
I have to make a birthday card and I thought of using this very same image. She is so versatile!
Your coloring, as always, is amazing as well as the dp and flowers.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh Angie, this card is magnificent! Your watercoloring is so beautiful and your choice of colors for Tilda are really wonderful! I love the paper and the layout and those flowers - WOW!!! Fantastic card and very blessed friend....hugs...Barb

Marijke said...

Hi Angie,

Ohh what a sweet lovely card!!!
Your colouring is amazing!

Hugs,
Marijke

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!

Your card is so elegant and beautiful. I love those colours. They have a richness to them and frame Tilda perfectly with the gorgeous flowers. I love the double border too. Tilda is coloured so beautifully. Love this stamp.
Hugs Marion (Maz)

Julie said...

So gorgeous Angie! I wish I could attend your class. If you are ever in Colorado...

Jean said...

I love your fall colors Angie.. the coloring of your birthday girl with gift is so gorgeous.. wish I could take lessons (thought about putting out a CD?? for those of us who do not live near you??) I would buy one.. Love your paper and your layout. A great card.
Hugs, Jean

Candy said...

Such beautiful work Angie!!!
Wish you could come to were I live for lessons :o)
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and I love this stamp. Very inspirational project to share. Thank you Angie!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cindy2 said...

Wonderful layout and I love the colors, very well done, thanks for sharing at the MSL challenge, please play again soon. C2

Kerry said...

Hi Angie,

I have not long since found your blog but I am in total awe of your work. Just stunning.

Love Kerry xxx

Peggie said...

A beautiful card. Love the bow of pearls and your coloring is wonderful as always.

SasSa said...

Wow! What a Beautiful card Angie! As always of course. But this card means a little more...
SasSa here. She how stood beside you when you colored this motif at Magnolia.
So happy to have met you and got to see you color.
Have a great new week.
Hugs SasSa

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW! I missed this card.. GORGEOUS! I love the double border, I have to try this!!! Super cute Tilda too!!! Love it!

Shelby Goolsby said...

So pretty, your coloring is beautiful as always and you always use just the right amount of embellishments.

Patti Jo said...

Looking for new words to describe your fantastic creations Angie, but always come up with awesome!!! Big fan here, love all you do!!!

Kassy said...

Hi Angie,
Your projects are without compare and your are such an inspiration. I would be the first in line if you ever put out an instructional CD. Could you please tell me where you got the birthday stamp you used? If Magnolia, would you know the item #?
Thank you so much!
Your #1 fan !
Kathy
Kassy51 at comcast.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails