LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, October 18, 2010

Santa Hands Out Presents...

Hey Everyone!  First, I'd like to apologize to the Magnolia-licious DT for not making the Hop today.  There has been much going on in my life from my trip to my lovely mother-in-law's visit.  Sadly, she just left yesterday for Texas.  My son is missing her so much.  We talked about a return visit in February but that seems so far off to a six year old.  On the up side of things, once again I'm hoping that things will settle a bit and I'll be able to get into a routine.  Maybe tomorrow, as my son is off school today and I have absolutely no idea why!!!  Honestly.  I don't have any idea why there is no school today, I just know that there isn't.  See how disconnected I am these days!

Anyway, I've got another Christmas card for you today.  I just love working on Christmas stuff.  It always puts me in a good mood.  I was asked a few weeks back to do a Christmas card for advertisement and I had this little Santa just begging to be inked up.  So, I obliged.  When you recieve your Magnolia Ink Christmas Issue you will see this card with the Magnolia-licious advertisement at the end of the magazine.  I'm so proud of how it came out!

I haven't entered a challenge in a very long time, but Magnolia Stamp Lovers has a 'sparkle' challenge going on and I thought I'd give it a shot. 


Santa Hands Out Presents



I worked on this card so fast because of a deadline and I didn't keep track of any of the details, like dps, markers, DI's, etc.  I can tell you that I used #148 Santa Hands Out Presents by Magnolia and he's sitting on #580 Large Armchair by Alota.  They are both waiting for you over at Magnolia-licious!  Oh yeah, I can also see that I used Stickles on Santa's hat and cuff's for a bit of sparkle.

Additionally, I first stamped, colored/painted, and cut out Santa.  Then, I stamped the chair and colored the legs.  Finally, I stamped the chair again on patterned paper, added some shading, and cut it out.  The cut image of the chair was glued to the plain stamped image and then Santa was adhered over top.

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  Thank you also for taking the time to leave a comment.  I truly appreciate and read each and every one of them.

Ciao,

Angie

23 comments:

Christina C. said...

Wow...this card is STUNNING! Love the paper pieced chair and the magnificently colored Santa. Fantastic card!!

Marijke said...

Oh wauw Angie,
It looks amazing!
Beautiful coloured!
Hugs,
Marijke

Rosie said...

Beautiful, stunning card Angie!! Your work is always so inspiring! I love your coloring!! Glad to see you had a great time on your trip. Hugs, Rosemary

Barb Hardeman said...

In a hurry or not Angie, your work is always exceptional! This Santa is so cute sitting in his chair ready to hand out a parcel! Great job...hugs...Barb

KayBeHybrid said...

amazing christmas card..
Hugs, Katrin

Patti Jo said...

Love the DP's and especially how did the chair. Santa is just adorable and the color scheme is so pretty! Fabulous work Angie!!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures of Sweden too. Looked like an awesome time!!!

Can't wait to see your work in the magazine too! Congratulations!!!

Peggie said...

Really pretty. Love the chair.

Rene said...

This card is seriously pretty!!! :D

Angela said...

Beautiful card, Angie. Lovely coloring and those papers are gorgeous! TFS, hugs, Angela

Kim said...

Beautiful card. Love your coloring and the papers are yummy. TFS!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I love the papers and design you used! Can't wait to see it in the ad!
hugs, Sharon

MarieL said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Angie. The papers are terrific and the paperpieced chair...wow. Well... and that Santa... he is just darling. Perfect coloring, Angie

shelly said...

Such a cute card Angie!!
hugs,
Shell

charlene said...

what an awsome card, the paper piecing is perfect and I love the DP your coloring is always top notch !
Hugs

Cecelia said...

WOW! This card is stunning! Your coloring is amazing and Santa is too cute.

Hugs
Cecelia B

Chris said...

Angie, this card it so fantastic! I have that chair stamp and had forgotten that I had it! Thank you for reminding me! I love the PPs you used as well as the color choices. Love, love, love it!

XO,
Chris

Jean said...

Oh goodness Angie, this is a wonderful card.. your coloring is so gorgeous.. If I lived anywhere near you I would take classes from you, but sadly I don't.. I can't wait to get my next Magnolia Ink to see your card..
Hugs, Jean

Candy said...

Beautiful work, Angie!!
It will be awesome to see it in the Magazine :o)
I am sure you are just over tired and things will get back to normal real soon - Hang in there!
Hugs, Candy

Cordine said...

It's absolutely stunning! And after seeing your photo's i NEED to go to Boras, Sweden. I'm from the Netherlands so i think i can go by car.
Hugs
Cordine

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Angie! What a cute image. WOW!

Hugz,
Julie

cabio's craft corner said...

Your coloring skill is superb Angie. This is such a stunning Christmas card. Very classy & festive!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cindy2 said...

Your paper mix is fabulous as is your image. Great job, you are very talented. Please keep entering the MSL challenges so we can see what you are up to. C2

Malin E said...

Beautiful card I reallu love it!
Hugs Malin

Related Posts with Thumbnails