LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, October 22, 2010

Gingerbread Tilda...

Hey There Everyone!  I finally took time for myself this week.  I was in need of some creative therapy and made my way to my craft room on Wednesday.  I spent most of the day there with my friend Cissy.  She's been interested in learning how to paint with watercolor and Ranger Distress Inks so we worked on that for a bit.  I chose to use one of the new Magnolia Christmas 2010 stamps - #3067 Gingerbread Tilda.  I colored this image several times while I was in Sweden so I was pretty familiar with where I wanted the shadows.  I really like how she turned out so I decided to make a card with her.

I'm completely hooked on Christmas cards!  I haven't inked up any of my new stamps from the Apples & Cherries "Autumn" collection yet.  I have them sitting on my craft table and they keep staring at me begging to be used.  I'm a little tired of fall colors already, so I think I'll take a looksie and see if I can use some of them for Christmas cards.  I never get tired of Christmas colors!


Gingerbread Tilda


As I mentioned, this little cutie is #3067 Gingerbread Tilda and she's currently available for pre-order at Magnolia-licious.  If fact, you can check out the entire Magnolia 'A Merry Little Christmas 2010' collection right HERE.

The dp's are from Little Yellow Bicycle's (LYB) 'Christmas Delight' decorative edge tablet.  I've often looked at these paper pads and wondered what I could do with them other than create a scrapbook.  I liked the bow configuration at the top of these two pages so I decided to adhere them together and make a Christmas card shaped like a Christmas present w/ bow.  I think it looks pretty cool actually.  Anyway, cs is by Bazzill, per usual.  Both the gem and snowflake are by LYB.  I added diamond Stickles all over the snowflake so it would sparkle.  The pleated green ribbon is by BoBunny.  Yes, I said 'green'.  It looks really dark in the photos.  I used an EK Success punch to round out the corners.


I colored this cutie with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.  The details are as follows:

Copics:  E00, 02, 42, 43, 44, 50, RV21

DI's:  walnut stain, black soot, weathered wood, antique linen, vintage photo, fired brick, forest moss, tumbled glass

Well, that's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

24 comments:

Louise said...

Your card is stunning, great design with the bow idea. Your coloring is WOW!!!! The colors matches the DP perfectly and I love the effect of distress inks and copics. thanks for sharing

Dena said...

Angie! I really am glad I have this stamp now that you made this ha ha! It is sooo pretty! Those deep, rich colors work perfectly for her!!!
Hugs, Dena

Cordine said...

She's stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Lisa said...

I love your card! Thanks for sharing.

Rene said...

How adorable! I am going to have to "steal" that bow idea (if you don't mind!) because it is fantastic! She looks fantastic!

Barb Hardeman said...

She is just stunning Angie. Oh my but those browns are so rich and warm and so beautiful for fall! Gorgeous work hon...hugs...Barb

Chris said...

OK, you did it! I'm off to Diana's store to buy the stamp. It's too cute to pass up! You did a gorgeous job with the card and an amazing job with the image! It's wonderful, Angie!

XO,
Chris

Pen to Paper said...

Wow that is such a beautiful card! I love your DPs and the swirly thing on top. Very cool!

Hugs,

Jackie

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, Angie! This is so cute, it sure does look like a present. Your coloring is amazing, I love the paper and ribbon pleats. Gorgeous!!!

Hugs, Mindy

Scrappinangler said...

Love, love, love this!! I do have a question for you. When you use Copics and distress inks together, do you use watercolor paper or the regular paper you would use for only copics? Beautiful card! ~T

Heather said...

It's beautiful as always. Watched all your tutorial last night. They are wonderful!! Maybe you could also include one on how you do your wonderful backgrounds. I love all the colors. I'm going to practice now.. Thanks for the inspiration..

craftymum said...

Beautiful card Angie. Your coloring is amazing
hugs sarah x

Autumn said...

Fabulous! I love that your card looks like a present! Your coloring is amazing as usual! Wish I lived in Michigan, I would so take your class!!TFS!
xxAutumn

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Angie, this is gorgeous!! Your colouring is so beautiful! I wasn't sure about this stamp at first, but I love the way you used her!!

Christina C. said...

OMG, Angie, this card is AMAZING! Wish I could come to your class!

Leonie said...

This is gorgeous Angie. This gingerbread Tilda is one of my favs from the fall kit!! i love how you have coloured her! And the idea of using the papers to look like a present is awsum! fabulouso!!
Hugs Leonie

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love the muted colors and that great big sparkly snowflake.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Tilda is so adorable and so is your colouring. I love how you have designed it with the pleated ribbon and the lovely snowflake.
also love the top decoration.
Hugs Marion (Maz)

Julie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Once again, your coloring is fabulous!

Kim said...

Beautiful!! Your coloring is fantastic!! TFS!!

sevi said...

i just came on your page and i can not believe how wonderfull your cards are.
the colouring is so beautifull,wauw i just can say wauw.
greetz sevi

Pat said...

Hi Angie...another STUNNING creation!! Pat Frank

Bente said...

Stunning card as always, love your amazing coloring and all the wonderful details you put on your cards!
Thanks for all the inspiration!
Hugs, Bente

Patti Jo said...

Another awesome creation Angie! Love the colors and your bow treatment! So inspiring!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails