LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, September 27, 2010

Unwrapped...

Happy Monday Everyone!  Wow, the weekend sure blew by!  We spent all day Saturday winterizing the exterior of the house.  The pool was closed up last week and we had to get all of the 'pool stuff' put away.  It looks so bare out there now!  I already miss seeing the beautiful shimmering pool water from my kitchen window.  It's such a peaceful view all summer long.  I also spent a couple hours trimming and pruning all of the rose bushes that I've planted everywhere.  I just love roses, but the maintenance is brutal.  I can't tell you how many times I got hooked by thorns.  We also had the windows cleaned inside and out and it makes a HUGE difference.

So, I've really been in the mood lately to make some Christmas cards.  We had some really hot days last week and I'm sooooooooo enjoying the cooler weather we got this weekend.  It makes me realize how close we are to Christmas already.  I can't believe how time flies!  Anyway, I was asked about some Christmas cards the other day and had so much fun when I sat down to make them.  Here's the first of them...

Unwrapped...
This little cutie is #3002 Unwrapped Tilda by Magnolia.  Looks like we caught her in the act!  She's sitting in front of #443 Christmas Tree.  I also created my own dp with #645 Silent Night Background.  They're all available at Magnolia-licious.  I strongly encourage you to get over there and get yours as it'll really get you into the pre-holiday spirit.
The gorgeous dp's are from BG's new 'Jovial' collection and I just love them!  All cs is by Bazzill.  The beautiful green velvet ribbon is from my stash.  I bought a bunch of bty velvet ribbon in Christmas colors from Archiver's and I'm so excited about using them.  I think they're stunning!  The extra warmth they add is really beautiful.  I found the little green gems in my jewelry bead drawer.  I keep an assortment of jewelry beads handy "just in case" and they really came in handy.  In case you're wondering, I stamped the Silent Night Background with Ranger Distress Ink - Fired Brick and then distressed it with Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo.  I think it looks perfect with the dp's.


Here's a closeup of Tilda.  I was in such a hurry when making this card that I was just grabbing Copics and dabbing into inks and didn't write down what I was using.  I cleaned up really quickly and took the photos without a thought about the details.  Sorry!

That's all I have for today.  Don't forget the Magnolia-licious DT has another challenge coming up on Friday, October 1st.  It's my turn for a sketch or project idea and I think it's another fun one.  So stay tuned for that!

Ciao,

Angie

24 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Angie. Tilda is colored to perfection and what a great job you have done on the Silent Night DP.I agree the ribbon is delicious, so sumptuous looking. There is a real vintage look to the card, I love it!!
hugs

Nancy said...

Angie, this is just beautiful. The card has a vintage look that I love. You have done the Silent Night sheet beautifully - must get that stamp one of these days. Every element is wonderful!

Camilla said...

I love your christmas card! And your colouring is amazing!!! Doesn't look like you are in a hurry!:)
Not long now, and you are in my neighbour country, Sweden!! I wish you a lovely time there, and I know many are looking so foreward to meet you. Wish I lived closer...:)
Big hugs, Camilla

KayBeHybrid said...

what a wonderful card..
Hugs, Katrin

angel4031 said...

Stunning x x

Leonie said...

O Angie this is gobsmackingly gorgeous!! Totally loving the vinatage feel to it. Your colouring is AMAZING as always!!! Fantastic work!!
Hugs Leonie

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you work with brown tones, such a struggle for me! Your coloring is just breathtaking! You are amazing...hugs...Barb

Autumn said...

WOW!!! I LOVE your coloring on this!! Tilda looks fabulous and your shading is AMAZING!! TFS!
xxAutumn

Christina C. said...

This is a phenomenal card, Angie!
Your coloring skills are AMAZING!

Jean said...

Goodness Angie, your card is so beautiful.. you imagination is so stunning and amazing.. love your use of browns and yet making the card so colorful.. Don't know how your do it, but it is so gorgeous. Great job..
Hugs, Jean

Candy said...

Angie,
Your card is awesome. I adore the vintage feel of it and the colours you have used on Tilda. Your music paper is wonderful with the BG's you have used.
You're right about the ribbon - it is so rich looking.
Hugs~

Angela said...

This is a very beautiful card! Love your little scene and gorgeous coloring. hugs, Angela

Rene said...

Oh how beautiful she looks there! Fantastic coloring (as always!) :D

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! I love the Silent night background stamp. It's a stunning vintage Christmas!

PaulaM said...

Angie,
This is such a gorgeous card. I love that Tilda - must add that to my list. I really like the music bg paper - such a vintage feel to the whole card. TFS

Patti Jo said...

Love how you've done Unwrapped Tilda with the tree and the coloring! The prints, music and bow finish this card off so nicely! Beautiful work Angie!!!

Dena said...

Angie! Your card is so pretty! As always your coloring is fabulous and I love the added tree and the music sheet!
Hugs, Dena

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a gorgeous card, Angie! Your cards are always breathtakingly beautiful! Love that velvety ribbon too.......very nice touch!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Cordine said...

Wow it's gorgeous! I just love Jovial for my christmascards!
Hugs
Cordine

Deeanna said...

super sweet card, great job:}

Artesania said...

a stunning card ,great job:)
Kind regards Gudrun

cabio's craft corner said...

The velvet ribbon fits so lovely with this vintage theme Angie. Love the DP picks and the combo of this card is just stunning :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

RubyM:) said...

Hey Mrs.Angie!!! Sorry i took long in visiting LOL!
Gosh how prcious is this little girl.I just like the brown tones going thru here.THE PAPERS ARE TOOOOOOO GORGOEUS.Hey i have to tell you something i was at my local library and picked up crafting magazine opened it and your card was in it LOL!!!!!!!!!! I was like i know this coloring and i looked at the very side written going down was your name LOL!! I KNEW IT WAS HERS LOl! VERY VERY GOREGEOUS CARD BTW.It was a fall card and it was on Crafts'n things.Ok hope your good.I'm sure your counting the min to get to Sweden.SO GEALOUS,LUCKY CHICA :) Better bring us lots of pictures.Ok take care,RubyM:)

Chris said...

Angie, this card is just precious! I love every element and the coloring is fabulous! Great job!

XO,
Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails