LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, September 20, 2010

Ooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman...


Magnolia-licious Blog Hop!!!

Happy Monday Everyone!!!  As I'm writing this, I'm sitting in front of the television watching a decorating show and eating a granola bar that tastes like bird seed.  Except for the flavor of the granola bar, I'M IN HEAVEN!  Hubby took our son to the running track for some excercise so I have a little more alone time.  I spent the better part of the day working on sales tax reports for multiple states before getting really burned out.  I needed a mental break, so late in the afternoon I locked myself in my craft room.  My brain was so fried that I couldn't possibly assemble a coherent sentence, but maybe I could assemble a card.

As I sat at my craft desk, I remembered that I had colored two images of #397 Witch Tilda a couple months ago when I was working on projects for Magnolia Ink.  I used one for a paper bag Halloween invitation, but there was still another somewhere on my desk.  I dug her out and away I went.  I'll show you in a moment.

First, Suzanne and I sat down for a really nice dinner Saturday night at Ruth's Chris.  The food was fantastic and the company was even better.  I felt like I was talking to an old friend that I hadn't seen in years.  Hi Suzanne!  I'm waving!  Hope you made it home safely :-)  I popped in on her class yesterday to get some photos and was introduced to some really great ladies.  "Hello" to all the ladies in Suzanne's class that may be stopping by on the Hop today!!!

Second, I haven't forgotten about the Distress Ink watercolor classes for Suzanne's Color Me Creative Classroom.  I will be getting to work on them shortly so stay tuned!  I absolutely love painting with my distress inks and I'm looking forward to showing you how to do it yourself.

And NOW, let's talk about the Magnolia-licious Blog Hop!  Our theme this month is 'Bats & Broomsticks'.  Doesn't that just scream fun!  I absolutely love two holidays and they couldn't be more different:  Halloween and Christmas!  I love that you get to do so many fun decorations both inside and outside the house.  I also love the rich colors associated with both holidays.  Oddly, purple is my favorite color of Halloween.  It looks so amazing against black.  Anyway, I'm off on a tangent again.  Sorry!  Back to the Blog Hop.  You can get all the details of how to enter your own creation at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge BlogDiana always has a great prize for the winner.  Good luck!  As for our running order...I'm first up on the Hop this month so let's get started!

So...here's my card.  I hope you like it!

Ooh, Ooh, Witchy Woman
I had so much fun putting this card together.  This little #397 Witch Tilda is my favorite Magnolia Halloween image.  I paired her with #498 African Sun and #479 Bat, also from Magnolia.  I just loved turning the African sun into a spooky Halloween moon.  I'm so pleased with how it came out.  Anyway, all of the stamps that I used are available at Magnolia-licious right now so head on over there and get yours ordered today! 


Here's an artsy view of the card :-)

The dp's are from BG's 'Eerie' collection and they're just awesome.  Some of my favorite Halloween patterns to date.  The purple and black cs is Bazzill.  Both the web-like ribbon and totally cool button are from my stash.  The button kinda reminds me of a crystal ball.  The center is like a marble with black and white swirls.  The metal frame around it looks so perfect with this card.  The bat was cut out and then covered with crystal lacquer.  Both the American Greetings sentiment and the Jolee's spiders are from my scrapbooking materials that I haven't used in ages.  The sentiment is a clear, puffy sticker like thingy that I backed with white cs and trimmed with an x-acto knife.  Both Tilda and the bat are raised up on dimensionals.

I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the color details.  Sorry :-(

I want to thank you all for your lovely comments. I read each and every one and they always put a smile on my face. Thank you so much for taking the time.

Well, that's all I have for today.  The next stop on our Blog Hop is Cheryl Rowley's blog and she has something spectacular waiting for you!!!

Ciao,

Angie

49 comments:

Patti Jo said...

Absolutely fun card! Love the Sun with Witch Tilda and all the great embellishments to go along....perfect!!! Fantastic coloring too Angie!!!

Marijke said...

Hi Angie!,
Such a beautiful card!
Love your colouring a lot.
GREAT CREATION!
Greetings,
Marijke

Kate said...

Great card, love the background.

** Kate **

Summite said...

Wow simply gorgeous card. The color are perfect to give the effect of spooky Halloween but at the same time Tilda is so sweet that it give a gentle look to your card. Very nice.

nancyruth said...

she is darling and I love the refernce to the Eagles song!!!

Lisa said...

I just love your card! Everyhtning is so perfect! Thanks

Anna A said...

Hello,
This card is amazing. I really like the colours purple and black together. It's look great.
Have a nice day,
Hugs Anna A

angelwhispers said...

Just found your blog through Scrappy Jan and Wow what a find!!!

Loving this card it's my favourite time of the year as well!!!

Love Chanelle xx

Astrid said...

Great card Angie loved the way you do it.
Hugs Astrid

LouLou Shive said...

Love the card! I am so glad I found all these blogs where people love to make cards like I do. I just started this adventure a week ago and I am loving it.

charlene said...

Great card, love all the shading and the color combo.
Hugs

pinky said...

Oh wow Angie, this is something else girl. I absolutely love the little spooky scene you have created and your colouring just blows me away!! Thanks for the inspiration.
Pinky

quiltindiva said...

Your coloring techniques on this card leave me speechless! The background clouds look like they could be moving slowly across the sky.

The Bug said...

What a lovely card! I love the look of the copic's with the distress ink... I am looking forward to your class over on the CMC Classroom site. Thanks for sharing!

Corinne said...

Love your card! The colors are so Halloweeny! I agree Purple is a great color for halloween. You did a wonderful job!
Hugs~
Corinne

Jean said...

Angie, this card is so gorgeous. love the sun in the background with Tilda/witch flying through, all the extra details are so stunning that the card is absolutely perfect.. the coloring is so beautiful, just suburb!!!
Hugs, Jean

Luann said...

It looks like a Halloween night. I'll be looking for Tilda to fly by on this Halloween. Awesome card!

LINDA W. said...

I love your card all the embellies
are great....love your coloring
Hugs Linda

PaulaM said...

Angie - I MUST agree with you - I like the purple too!! Oh, this is SO adorable. You have done such a fantastic job on the coloring and putting it all together. I may have to go in search of some BG DP. TFS

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the background - it's perfect!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie!

This is gorgeous! I just adore your coloring the background came out perfect! Anytime I see anything Witchy I always sing Ohh Ohh Witchy Woman! LOL The button does look like a crystal ball and the ribbon is so cute, I've never seen anything like it. Beautiful card, my friend!

Hugs, Mindy

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous scenery for the beautiful colored Tilda. Your used of mesh is so cool and inspirational Angie!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card Angie, love the way your moon turned out, it's really super. Great halloween card.
hugs

Christina C. said...

Wow, Angie, what an amazing Halloween card....gorgeous coloring and love,love the way you showcased this cutie!

Barb Hardeman said...

Ooooooh! Such a fun card and so beautifully colored. All your details are fabulous Angie, the purple is just gorgeous. Love how you turned the African Sun into a ghoulish, spooky moon! Such talent!
Hugs,
Barb

Shirley N said...

Ohhh Angie, I love your card, it's beautiful! I love your adorable image and all the details of your card!

Chris said...

This is amazing! I cannot believe how perfect the coloration is. Wow! Angie, that card is just to die for! - Some people think I can be witchy, LOL - so may I have the card? LOL *just kidding* Great job!

XO,
Chris

Suzanne J Dean said...

LOVE IT! She screams both CUTE & Spooky at the same time, lol! Fabulous watercoloring (OF COURSE)and I love all the creepy but delicate embellishments you've added--wonderful Angie!

I had such a great time at dinner and I thank you so very much for taking the time out of your schedule to have dinner with me--it was really nice to sit and talk with you! I missed you leaving yesterday so please don't think I'm rude, I really wanted to say goodbye and thanks from the bottom of my heart for everything!

hugz to you,
Suzanne

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Angie, I just love your card. Tilda is adorable and yet, the purple and the gorgeous background gives a little spooky look. Wonderful coloring.
Hugs,
Danielle

Sue said...

Wonderful card, love the moon and the purple, it's her color when dressing like a witch!! Details are awesome.

Maryu said...

How clever you are to think of using the African Sun as a moon! Wonderful card with so many spooky details.

shelly said...

Angie, your card is wickedly beautiful! Great job!
hugs,
Shell

Devlin said...

Wow! Amazing card! Love it.

Zenita Smith said...

I absolutely love these stamps. Next on my WANT list. Thank you for the enabling.

Collette said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Candy said...

Ghoulishly delicious!!
Love how you made the night ski :o) Your ribbon is awesome!
Hugs, Candy

Suzi said...

Oh my!! this is so stunning, I love the design and your colouring is just perfect. Gorgeous card.
Suzi x

cathylynn said...

What an incredible card. Let me pick up my jaw! Too Amazing!!

Marjo said...

Hi Angie,

This card is soo adorable and cute! Fantastic color combo and shading is gorgeous. I am just learning to use my copics. Wonderful DT creation. Gotta fly along now...lol

Hugs, Marjo

Mary Lou said...

Very clever Angie!!!
Adore the African Sun background--excited to learn about watercoloring from you:)
What a great team you and Suzanne will make!!!
Back to card-- Love it All!!!
Blessings

Linda said...

Hi Angie I absolutely love your choice of embellishments on your card they work brilliantly love Linda

Bonnie said...

Beautiful card, Angie!! You're getting me into the Halloween spirit!!

Lavender Rose said...

Your detailed card is so pretty, amazing work!

Cor* said...

This is wickedly awesome! Love the colors and that spiderwebby looking ribbons stuffs!! so great. M gonna have to get some of the BG paper! Great start to the hop!

Diana said...

I agree with you, my favorite holidays are also Halloween and Christmas! Love your card.

Hugs Diana

*Alison* said...

WOW!! this creation is so stunning.. thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.. I can't wait to see what else is on the hop.. :) HUGS

Dragonlady said...

OMG what a super stunning card, love the sun used as the moon. great colours too.

Hugs Ali x

Mary said...

What a gorgeous halloween card!

Anneke said...

Wow this is amazing!

Hugs anneke

Related Posts with Thumbnails