LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, September 2, 2010

On The Road Again!!!

Hello Everybody!!!  What a great week it has been here in Michigan!  A little overcast at times, but nice and hot.  My son is loving school and I'm loving my schedule.  I've gotten a lot of work done and still found time to play.  We've got a long holiday weekend starting tomorrow and we have absolutely no plans.  I'm all partied out and we're looking forward to a quiet weekend.  Maybe I'll get my hubby to take me to a movie!  Alan...If you're reading this...how about a Saturday night date night???

Well, the real reason we're here today is for the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge!!!!!!  This month it's a really cute challenge from Becca.  She asked us to make a project using one of two tutorials for a suitcase or a backpack - and we had to use an image from the new Magnolia Bon Voyage collection.  The tutorials are both listed on the challenge blog.  I chose to make the suitcase and it was SO MUCH FUN!  I really hope you'll take the time to join in on this challenge.  The images are so adorable and the possibilities are endless.

Here's what I came up with!  I hope you like it :-)

On The Road Again!

I used a total of four Magnolia images on the project and they all go together so perfectly.  First, there's #3006 Tilda on the Loose from the Bon Voyage collection and I paired her with #542 Eiffel Tower.  I wanted her to appear as though she was in a hurry to leave Paris for her next adventure.  I think she's heading to Sweden, hehe.  Notice the top right corner of the map on the suitcase reads 'Sweden'!  Did I plan that?  YES!  In case you're wondering, the other two Magnolia stamps are the sentiment #738 See You Later and #620 Ticket 13563 - both from the Bon Voyage collection.  These stamps are all available at Magnolia-licious so hop on over there right now and get yours!!!
Because of the size of the Eiffel Tower image, I made a 6x6 card this time so I would still have enough real estate for embellies.  I really LOVE how this card turned out.  I think it's one of my favorites to date.  The gorgeous dp's are from The Girls Paperie.  The map print actually has a white background, but I distressed the heck out of everything with tons of walnut stain.  I crumbled all of the dp's into tiny balls, unfolded them, and then rubbed them with walnut stain so it would pick up all of the wrinkles and folds in the papers.  They aged perfectly.  I also used a Tim Holtz distressing tool on the edges.  All cs is from Bazzill.  I stamped the sentiment and then punched it out with an EK Success 1 1/4" circle punch.  I dabbed star dust stickles on the Eiffel Tower, sentiment, tickets, and flower on Tilda's hat.
All of the other embellies...post card, twine, and flower, stamp, ribbon, and buckle on the suitcase...are from my stash.

I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.  Here are the details:

Copics - E00, 02, 42, 43, 44, 50, RV11, 21, W1, 5

DI's - weathered wood, black soot, tattered rose, tumbled glass, bundled sage, walnut stain

I'm so glad that you took the time to stop by today.  Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

37 comments:

Magali said...

I think your card must be on a frame on a wall...A real worf of art !!!
I love the colors so much !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Barb Hardeman said...

I agree!!! This is framable art for sure! Beautiful distressing and darling embellies! Love it!
Hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

C'est Magnifique! Elle est exquise. J'espere qu'elle fait un bon voyage!

Crafteezee said...

It would look nice framed on my wall, lol. Totally in love with this card and little suitcase. Stunning. Hugs Tracy x

Marilyn said...

Oh my goodness! This is fab-u-lous!

Christina C. said...

Angie, I am at a loss for words....this is MAGNIFICENT...PHENOMENAL....EXTRAORDINARY......a work of art!!!!!!!!!

Dena said...

Let's see where do I begin????? THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME CARD EVER!!!!! How about that!
Hugs, Dena

Alicia said...

Hi Angie! Lovely card,as always your art work is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Hugs, Alicia :o)

Corinne said...

WOW....WOW your card is AMAZING! Love the rich colors you used...I love how the suitcase looks antique! You did a beautiful job on your card and suitcase! Makes me want to fly off to Paris to join Tilda in the fun! A beautiful work of art!
Hugs~
Corinne

Shake said...

Pretty creation,naturally!
The stamps are pretty and the papers cute ;)

Hugs, Albert

marijke said...

oooooooohhhhhhh WOWWWW this is soooooooocute and gorgeous and the way you colored this ? its amazing

Samara said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!!! Seriously amazing work Angie!!! Love what you've created!

Jean said...

Angie, I am so glad Tilda has gotten to gay Parie'... such a stunning place to be and you have done a gorgeous job coloring and creating her background!! Just amazing and her suitcase is so creative.. Amazing!!!! Great Job
Hugs,Jean

shelly said...

Oh la la!! Your card makes me want to go back to Paris!!! It's gobstoppingly gorgeous!!! You're so talented =)
hugs,
Shell

Peggie said...

Such a great card and box too. Reminds me of playing with my year old daughter in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. That was a while ago.

Christine Riley said...

WOW! What gorgeous coloring, I love the vintage look. Truly a piece of art, so pretty!
Hugs, Christine

Diana Crick said...

Absolutely STUNNING, beyond words....I hope you can fit all your clothes in this suitcase as it is bound for Sweden....giggle.
hugs, Diana

Candy said...

Absolutely gorgeous in every detail!! Angie I think this is your best card ever. Serious colouring and shading going on and delightful distressing of all your papers. Love the colours. Your suitcase is perfect for the card and I love that you put Sweden in the corner LOL
Hugs, Candy

Julie said...

Absolutely fabulous! You are the coloring queen!

Hugz,
Julie

Patti Jo said...

How do you keep coming up with them Angie! Gorgeous!!! Love the colors, coloring, design, embellishments....the total package!!!!

Irene Daryanto said...

Angie, it's so stunning, gorgeous card, love what you done to aged it.
Gotta try your technique soon.
hugs, Irene

Jennifer said...

I'm with Patti Jo, how DO you keep coming up with these fabulous creations? This is another stunner....I just love everything, and the Distress Inking on the DP looks gorgeous.
hugs

Tracey said...

Wow Angie, these are stunning! I so love the little suitcase - how cool it that!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Lisette Morris said...

WOW!! Stunning!!! I am in awe!!

little angel said...

it's really beautiful! nice work!!

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie this set is soooo beautiful, I just kept going back and looking at each picture many times!

Blessings,
Gloria

Louise said...

OMG!!! Georgeous set. Truly a work of art.

Nancy said...

Angie, this is exquisite - both pieces. An absolute treasure, beautifully done. Glad you are back!

RubyM:) said...

HI Angie sorry i haven't been around but i ried loL! Everytime i get here i get pulled away sorry lol!! OH GIRL THIS IS JUST STUNNING!! I am in love with the little suitcase!!!!!! so freakin awsome. What a great set i'm speechless wow!!!!!!!!!RubyM:)

Camilla said...

Hello Angie!
I see you have packed your bag,
and soon to be out on your long journey:)
It will be so much fun when you both come to Sweden and Boras and the Magnolia course:)
Lillemor and I am waiting with bated breath for you.
The card is as always as beautiful on the eyes.
Beautiful colors and decorations.
Then maybe you can show how to paint with Copics;))
Would be nice to see the card in the real world.
Have a great time:
hugs Camilla

Lavender Rose said...

Just discovered your wonderful blog. Your creations are stunning and a joy to look at.

scrappinpeg said...

WOW this is one of my all time favorites of yours. I love the distressing colors. Great job. You blew me away!

Shelby Goolsby said...

Angie,
Beautiful!! I wanted to share something with you at my blog http://yougotinkwhere.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-blog-award.html
Hugs,
Shelby

PJ said...

Just love your card and the suitcase. You are so talented. Your cards are really inspiring to look at. Keep them coming!

cabio's craft corner said...

Amazingly gorgeous creation set Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Marjo said...

Hi Angie,

This is beyond workds gorgalicious!

Hugs,Marjo

BA said...

this is really delicoius
xoxo BA

Related Posts with Thumbnails