LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Warm Hello...

Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

Happy August Everyone!  Can you believe it's August already?  It seems as though summer just began and now there's only four weeks left before the kids go back to school.  Every year I am amazed at how quickly the time flies by.

As you know, I got back from CHA a couple days ago.  It was my first time in attendance and I had a blast.  While at dinner with the girls, Diana and I had a HUGE surprise to share with everyone and now I'm going to share it with you.  Do you remember when I posted on my blog that my hubby gave me the go ahead to travel to Sweden if I could find someone to go with me????  Well.....within minutes of that post I had a response....and a serious one at that!  Diana and I are headed to Sweden in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We've already booked our flights and I still can't believe that it's true!  I'll be sure to take my camera this time and snap tons of photos to share with you :-)

Now for today's challenge...it was Mindy's turn to pick out something fun for us to do.  She chose these really cool T-Slide Cards.  I had never seen one, let alone made one, but it was actually pretty easy.  HERE's a tutorial if you'd like to make one yourself and join our challenge.  You can get all of the details and prize information at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.

Here's my card...
A Warm Hello
For this card, I used one of my all time favorite images of Tilda.  She's #3030 Tilda in the Sea and Diana has her in stock at Magnolia-licious right now if you'd like to have one for yourself.  I think she is just darling!

When I began this card, I struggled while selecting the dp's.  I really didn't want to use pink.  I have no idea why...it just didn't feel right.  For some reason, I turned to my scrap basket and decided to make this card using nothing but scraps.  I came across these scraps and they just felt so warm and summery.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the manufacturers.
The ribbon is also a scrap from my stash and I think it looks so cheerful with the dp's.  The flowers are from Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts.  The brad is actually a light green and is by American Crafts.  I used a Marvy punch for the pull tab and stamped a flower with a no-name stamp from my collection.  The green gems were sent to me by Magnolia.  I applied diamond and crystal Stickles to the flowers, the water, Tilda's dress and around the sentiment on the inside.  I sprayed a coat of pearl Glimmer Mist over the entire card.
Here's the inside of the card.  The sentiment is by A Muse Artstamps.

I colored the image using a combination of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  For some reason, I really struggled when coloring Tilda's dress.  I originally colored it with watercolors and was soooooooo disappointed with it.  I left if for a while and when I came back to it I decided to go over it with Copics.  I figured I couldn't make it worse!  At long last, I was done with it and I think it looks really good.  I'm actually a bit shocked!  The Copics were applied directly on top of the watercolor and the Glimmer Mist and were still super easy to work with.  AND the Glimmer Mist still shows through!  I LOVE MY COPICS!!!!!!!

Copics:  EOO, 02, RV21, YR0000, 00, 65, Multi-liner black 0.1

DI's:  scattered straw, broken china, black soot, dried marigold, walnut stain

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I truly enjoyed showing you my work and I hope you enjoyed it too :-)

Ciao,

Angie   

23 comments:

Chris said...

A beautiful sun shiny card Angie! The colours are gorgeous and so is your colouring and great that all the sparkle showed through the copics. Love the T slide design too, it's a very sweet idea. You're going to Sweden, how lovely, I bet you'll have a great time immersed in Magnolia gorgeousness :D. Hugs, Chris

Diane said...

This card makes me feel happy just looking at it, Angie! I just love the colours and the way you've coloured Tilda!
Diane x

Irena said...

Angie, this card is charming.
Great T-Slide card.

Jean said...

Oh Angie the card is just so adorable, loving your use of orange. You did a great job coloring Tilda and just am thrilled with the pull out of the sentiment.. great idea.. you are just full of good ones for us to use... once again, grat job..
Hugs,Jean

paola said...

AAHHH Honey you make the bestest cards ever!! love the colors and a great job on the slider goodie
smiles
Paola

Cheryl M said...

I love your card. The colors you used are perfect!

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie your card is adorable....have a great time in Sweeden :)

Patti Jo said...

Such a cute card and love how you put the flowers in the corners to accent how adorable Tilda is wading in water!!! Beautiful coloring Angie!!! What an awesome time you will have going to Sweden!

Barb Hardeman said...

Your card is just awesome, Angie. The colors are warm and vibrant and they just shour out HELLO! How exciting that you're going to Sweden...my wish for many, many, months! You and Diana will have a blast...hugs...Barb

Pat said...

Hi Angie...how cool that you're going to Sweden!! Congrats! You'd better start practicing your Swedish...October isn't that far away!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous...love the colors and DPs and embellies! And, as always, your coloring is just spot on!!
Pat Frank

Pam S. said...

oh so SWEET Angie and lovely coloring
♥ gingham is always so charming!
Pam Going Postal

Candy said...

Angie,
What a beautiful summer card. Love the warm and vibrant colours. Tilda is gorgeous - your colouring is always THE BEST!!!
OH MY have a great time in Sweden. Diana is a wonderful person. The two of you will have a ball :o)
Hugs, Candy

Jennifer said...

What a fabulous summery card Angie. Iv'e never seen a T-Slide card before, will have to check out the tutorial. Love the bright cheery colors. Congrats on your trip to Sweden you lucky girls, can't wait to see the pics!
hugs
Jennifer

BA said...

hi angie
this is really cute!! love your colouring and the summer colours you used
xoxo BA

Nancy said...

Oh, what a wonderfully "summer" inspired card. The colors are just superb! I was on your site earlier. When did you get this on here that I missed it? Just wonderful. I love the water effect too.

Nancy said...

I just re-read your post. SWEDEN???? Can I come and carry your bags?

April Rose said...

I love the combination of the flowers, stripes and gingham--so cute and summery! Tilda looks gorgeous! What a beautiful T-slide card--fabulous work!
Hugs,
April

Danielle Champagne said...

Your card brough a smile to my face, and a luminous feeling of summer! Tilda is absolutly gorgeous. I love everything about it. Colors, papers, the bow, especillay how you place the greetings, lovely. It's adorable.
Hugs.
Danielle.

scrappinpeg said...

first of all congrats on getting to go to Sweden. OMG. How lucky you are. I attended CHA a couple years ago in LA and it was WONDERFUL as you know... I was in AWE at all of it! ha..... Beautiful card. I love the slider look like that. Will go check the tutorial. Your coloring even over all the rest was wonderful! Had you not told us we'd of never known....
hugs... Peggy

Diana Crick said...

A summer delight indeed, fab paper, love the colours you chose. So now the cat is out of the bag....
hugs, Diana

Samara said...

First off!! Sweden???? OMG!!! So exciting!!!!

Second, love your card!!! And I totally understand about that stamp too! That's one that I have difficulty too. In fact, I think I'm going to find her and see if I can figure her out!

Sharon Caudle said...

Angie, this card is super adorable! I love this little Tilda and you've colored her in such gorgeous, summery colors. I'm so glad to see someone had an easy time with this card! I had a terrible time with it, but it's because of the paper cutter I use. I just couldn't get it to cut where I wanted, so ended up having to use a craft knife. Everything went smoothly after that decision. :) Anyway, I love how yours turned out!

How frickin' exciting is it that you're going to Sweden??!!!! Wow! I'm really happy for you! I'm sure you'll have a blast and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!
hugs
Sharon

Cheryl said...

Your card is beautiful and summery! Love it!
You lucky girl! Traveling to Sweden sounds so exciting! Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails