LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, August 30, 2010

Farewell...

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!!  Today is my son's first day back to school.  Yay me!!!  We had a wonderful summer together, but I'm ready to have my days back.  At the beginning of the summer, we didn't have any trips planned.  We were going to have a summer by the pool at home.  As it turned out, we were leaving for a mini vacation every time I turned around and now I'm over it and ready for things to get back to our normal schedule.  Unfortunately, I have mounds of accounting waiting for me to tackle.  It'll probably take me a month to get caught up, but it has to be done.  Fortunately, I am my own boss and I work from home, so I can set my own schedule and catch up at my own pace.  That will still leave me with plenty of time in my craft room!  Yay!

Anyway!  Back in July, I entered my Little Mermaid Tilda card into the My Partner In Crafting Crime challenge and won.  They invited me to be featured in a guest spot today and I'm very excited about it.  I was asked to make a card with a 'Vintage' theme about it.  They have some absolutely gorgeous creations going on over there so I hope you'll take a moment and grab a looksie.

Here's the card that I made.  It stars #215 Farewell Tilda from Magnolia's Bon Voyage collection.  I hope you like it!

FAREWELL
As I mentioned, I used #215 Farewell Tilda and #713 Farewell (sentiment) on this card.  She is from Magnolia's Bon Voyage collection, which I absolutely LOVE!!!  Diana stocks the entire collection over at Magnolia-licious, but this one sold so fast that she is currently on re-order.  Isn't she just adorable???  The background flowers are an image from Tim Holtz's 'Spring Flowers' stamp set.

The dp's I chose are from Graphic 45 and cs is both Bazzill and Stampin' Up!  If you haven't checked out the Graphic 45 papers before, then it's certainly time to do so.  They now produce 8x8 paper packs in their gorgeous vintage collections and they are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!  The prints are smaller so they're perfect for card making.  I spent a lot of time in their booth at CHA just studying their creations.  Anyway, back to my card...The gorgeous peach flower and the lace are from Magnolia.  The pearls, ribbon, ticket and corner piece are from my stash.  I applied star dust Stickles to all of the lace on the image as well as to the flower petals.

I colored the image with both Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  The details are as follows:

Copics - E00, 02, 42, 43, 50, RV21, R11, 20, W00, 1

DI's - black soot, walnut stain, forest moss, antique linen, tattered rose, tumbled glass, weathered wood

That's all I have for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit!  Did you check out the countdown to Sweden at the top of the page?  I'm leaving in just over a month!!!  OMGoodness!  I can't wait!!!

Ciao,

Angie

32 comments:

Deana said...

This card is absolutely stunning and the coloring so beautiful! You have really outdone yourself. Have a wonderful day!

Hugz,
Deana

Renkata said...

You have coloured this Tilda so beautifly. Gorgeous design.

Tracy V. said...

Angie, this is stunning! I love everything about it. I thought those were Graphic 45 papers, when I first saw it and was happy to see I was correct. I have become a fan of Graphic 45, they have the coolest papers!!! luv em' and love your card even more!

Magali said...

I don't like it, I LOVE it !!!!
Love the warm colors and the vintage look. The patterned paper is really gorgeous and your coloring just perfect !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Shake said...

Hey Angie ;)
Pretty creation and I like so much the lace and your coloration ;)

Hugs, Albert

Christina C. said...

How absolutely gorgeous, Angie!!!!
Love the Graphic 45 papers and your Tilda is positively STUNNING!
Beautiful card!

JR Creations said...

Wow Angie! She really is stunning. Thanks for the tip on Graphic 45 and for joining us in the Interrogation Room! :-D

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, wow, Angie! This is just stunning, but then which of your awesome cards isn't? Your coloring is so divine, your shadding superb! Love all the vintage embellies that really make this card fabulous! Great job...hugs...Barb

LINDA W. said...

Beautiful.....love your coloring and your embellishments.
Hugs Linda W.

Corinne said...

Your card is absolutely "Stunning" Angie. Your coloring is wonderful. Beautifully done!
Hugs~
Corinne

Lily said...

Wow Angie, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love all the details on it. Your colouring is always amazing!

Hugs,
Lily

paola said...

AW Angie your cards are always FABULOUS!! this one is no exception, you do the shabby chic beautifully
smiles
PAola

bosenberries said...

Adore your card! You do vintage so well... thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime and being our 1st Guest Designer and sharing all your tips... your work is so beautiful. Robin

Patti Jo said...

One of my favorite DP's! Love the colors you colored Tilda to go with it. BEAUTIFUL work and wonderful detail Angie!

PaulaM said...

Love your card. That image is plain adorable and I want her!! I love all the pieces to your card - certainly vintage enough for me. TFS

pinky said...

Oh wow wow wow this is sooo gorgeous!!
Pinky

cathylynn said...

BROVO!!! This card is magnificent. I love the colors and it's perfect. Down right gorgeous!!!

cathylynn said...

BROVO!!! This card is magnificent. I love the colors and it's perfect. Down right gorgeous!!!

shelly said...

Gorgeous card Angie!!! The DP is awesome and your coloring is amazing! I can't believe you're going to Sweden, you lucky duck!!
hugs,
Shell

Diana Crick said...

Bloomin GORGEOUS! Angie you have mastered another style as you do all others. Love the warm rich feel,perfect embellishments...truly lovely!
hugs, Diana

Candy said...

Extremely beautiful in all it's details. Your card has IS vintage! Your colouring and shading is awesome as always Angie!!

Jean said...

Outstanding Angie.. A show piece is what it is.. love your distressing, your layout, embellishments and your coloring is absolutely stunning.. your ideas are just too much.. your brain is fill with gold!!! time is moving on for you and Diana (above me!!!) Ya'll have fun!!!
Hugs, Jean

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Angie! I love all your beutiful details and your coloring is fabulous (as always!)
hugs!
Sharon

Pat said...

Hi Angie...another simply gorgeous creation! I love the shabbiness...and, as always, your coloring is divine!! Pat Frank

Julie said...

Hey Angie - Your card is gorgeous! Your coloring is out of this world. I keep trying to improve my coloring, but you set the bar really high. Thanks for the inspiration to continue to improve.

Hugz,
Julie

cabio's craft corner said...

Wowzer Angie, I never though of this image can be used for a vintage/distressing style card, but your card is totally a perfect sample for this :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Charlotte said...

Angie,
Wow, what a beautiful card. love the colors and the lookof the card. Job well done.
Angeluver2

syllie said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you colored your image and also the card is great.
Hugs, Sylvia

Deeanna said...

Really great card. I love the way you colored it.. Great job

Julie said...

Such a pretty card! I love the scene you set up for your Tilda.

scrappinpeg said...

wow stunning and beautiful both.... I love the paper you chose... And your lace really makes the card with Farewell Tilda. Great job.

Peggy

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! Her coloring is amazing as well the the scene you created. You are truly inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails