LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, July 26, 2010

Wishing you were here...

Magnolia-licious DT Nautical Blog Hop

Hi Everyone!  And welcome to another fantabulous Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop.  This month Diana challenged us to create something using a nautical theme and I couldn't wait to get started!  You can get all of the details of the Hop and how to join in on the challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlites.  You can also start over there if you missed the beginning.  But, if you arrived here from Becca's blog then you're on the right track!

Here's my card...
Wishing You Were Here
Here's the front of the card when it's closed.  I used #616 Lifebuoy, which you can get from Magnolia-licious.  I stamped the image, scanned it, and then brought it into MS Word to enlarge it.  I then printed it with a laser printer and painted it with watercolor.  I love how it turned out.  The squigglies are glitter and didn't photograph well.  Believe me, it looks much better in person.
Here's the card when it's open.  #237 Beach Tilda is sitting on #615 Pier Fence With Lifebuoy and she's missing her friend.  You can get both of these images at Magnolia-licious
Here's an angled view so you can see the dimension of the card.  I really like how this card turned out.  The dp's are from TPC Studio's - Heartfelt Travel collection.  The cs is Bazzill.  I embellished it very simply with some shells that I found in my button drawer.


I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks.  Here are the details:

Copics: E00, 02, 35, 44, 50, 53, RV21, W1, 3, 5, 7, C5

Distress Inks: black soot, barn door, faded jeans

The sentiment was printed on a laser printer.  I added some glitter just to make it pop a little.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my easel card.  I absolutely loved making it.  Don't forget to continue the Blog Hop by stopping by Patti Jo's blog from here.  She's got something awesome to show you!  Have fun!!!

Edit: It has been brought to my attention by a viewer that I have violated Magnolia's Angel Policy by enlarging the Lifebuoy. My apologies to Magnolia for this. It truly was not an intentional violation. It never occured to me that an enlargement was considered a modification since the integrity of the image remained the same. Going forward I will not make the same mistake.

Ciao,

Angie

43 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Angie

I love your easel card, that buoy is fabulous as the background.

Hugs Ali x

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

I'm sure your enjoyed creating this card. It is beautiful and fabulous coloring.
tfs
bobbi

Stampin'Piper said...

As always a wonderful stunning card! I love your work and your coloring is amazing!

Have a great day, big Hugs Tanja

Samantha said...

Great card Angie.
Hugs
Sam xx

Clare Brown said...

stunning card hun, great tip about the enlarging.Loved the blog hop so far.

hugs Clare x

Gry-Beate said...

Just love youre easel card!!!And youre colouring is just amazing!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Cheryl said...

Angie, your card is fabulous! I would love to study it in person! Love the colors and what a great idea to have Tilda sitting on the rope fence! Cute, cute!

Luv 2 Create said...

This blog hop is wonderful. I have seen many clever and creative easel cards - yours included. Just love it. Like how you enlarged the image. Luv how the sentiment truely matches the image you have created. Truely clever and creative.
Marcie

Chris said...

Fantastic card and colouring Angie and so creative with enlarging the life buoy it looks amazing! Hugs, Chris

Renkata said...

So beautiful card. Love the colour combo and her dress is so special.

Renkata said...

So beautiful card. Love the colour combo and her dress is so special.

Handmade by Vivi said...

WOW, what a stunning card you made Angie!! Love the front of the card!! great idea to enlarge the image!!!
But I love everything about your card!!
awesome job on it!
Cheers
Vivi

Dena said...

Very cute card! I just love everything about it!
Hugs, Dena

Louise said...

Beautiful card, your coloring is super

Tracy V. said...

Very Cute. I swear, you are like the queen of shadowing. Your shadows amaze me!! Love it.
Tracy

Ageeth Holster said...

Hi What a nice surprise is your card, such beautiful colouring!
Sweet greetings, Ageeth

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie your card is over the top ! Great job as always your coloring is out of this world.
Hugs
:)

Corinne said...

Love your card Angie...Absolutely adorable..love the colors you used...
your coloring is wonderful.
Hugs~
Corinne

Sharon Caudle said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the way you enlarged the buoy, Angie! It really looks awesome and your coloring is fantastic! Love it!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Lisa said...

I love your card!!

PaulaM said...

Lovely card and I actually have that Tilda - it is the first I ordered and just got. You have done a fabulous job with coloring and the easel card is great. TFS

Lorraine said...

wow i love it its adorable xx

Carolyn said...

Wow, Angie, this is amazing. Love the coloring on her. Fantastic card.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Wenche said...

WOW...your easel card is fab!!! I really liked the way you enlarged the background image. Great work on the coloring of cute Tilda on the fence.
Hugs Wenche :0)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Too cute Angie--I love the big buoy idea and think its fabulous no matter what. It really makes the card and I love everything colored with a vintage feel--wonderful job on this, nautical to a "t"!

hugz,
Suzanne

Candy said...

Great card, Angie!!
I have often felt like making some images larger as you did - but wasn't sure how they would be received? LOVE that you did it and how wonderful it looks :o)
Hugs, Candy

Teela said...

This is so cute! And I love the "altered" buoy...it's unique!great job of painting!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie,

This is so cute! I love your coloring. Very creative with the shells. Amazing work! Dont you love easel cards!

Hugs, Mindy

April Rose said...

What a gorgeous easel card, and very nautical-looking! I love the way Tilda's scene is framed by the lifebuoy! Everything is beautifully colored, and these papers are perfect!
Hugs,
April

shari said...

Great card, I love the coloring. Shari (cricutrookie)

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie!!! OMG! This is so cute! I just love how you enlarged the buoy and the coloring is fabulous. What a surprise is inside to have Tilda standing up and holding the top of the card in place. The shells are a wonderful touch. Super job...hugs...Barb

mlstur said...

I just love your card, the colors are so great, it reminds me of my childhood, great memories, thank you.
MaryLou

MarieL said...

Wow .... Angie, this is absolutely gorgeous. What a fantastic creation.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card - very inspirational - Loved all the elements. Sarah x

Kirsten said...

what a fabulous idea. your colouring is amazing. Kirsten

Kirsten said...

what a fabulous idea. your colouring is amazing. Kirsten

angie's craftinz n cardz said...

I really really REALLY like your card! (whispers: violation and all the stuff...lols!)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Hi Angie! I love your card! As others have said......your coloring is amazing! You are so very talented!

I'm sorry that we can't resize an image w/o violating a TOU policy. Real bummer! I think it looked terrific!

Huggies ~

Sharron
ps.....I deleted my previous comment just cuz I wanted to add to it......LOL

Patti Jo said...

You color so beautifully!!! You know how to really give the images dimension. Fantastic work Angie, it is an adorable card!

Bribrie said...

Ta carte est superbe ! J'adore ta mise en couleur... Bravooo

Ola said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Irena said...

Just stunning card.

Anne said...

Gorgeous card, stunning shading and fabulous LO! I just love this and the colour scheme is terrific!! :o) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails