LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tilda with Gifts...

Hello Hello!  Well, I sure hope you're all having a great week so far.  It's been a bit cloudy and rainy the last few days here in Michigan.  The sun finally started shining again this evening and I think it's supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to a day by the pool with my son.  Maybe we'll end up with a few friends over too!

So, yesterday was torture because I lost my internet connection in the morning and didn't get it back til late last night.  My hubby was able to spend some time working on it last night and found a work-around the problem.  Thankfully it's been fine all day.  It's a really strange feeling to lose your internet connection.  I felt so disconnected from everyone and kept wondering what I was missing.

Hubby and I were discussing possible future vacation spots and I mentioned Sweden.  Can you guess why?  He wasn't interested in travelling that distance to go Magnolia shopping with me, but......he said I can go whenever I want!  Now I need to find someone willing to go with me.  Hmmm...think, think, think...

Anyway, I found a bit of time in my craft room this morning and pulled out my Magnolia wedding stamps that I got from Diana.  I really like that so many of the images can be used for occasions other than a wedding since we don't attend many weddings anymore.  But, in this case, we're invited to attend another out-of-town wedding early in August so I decided to make a wedding card.  I'm really happy with the card.  I hope you like it too. 

By the way, I truly appreciate all of your comments.  Thank you all so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a little note.  It really means a lot :-)  As a special thank you, I'm going to put together a little CANDY in the next few days.  I hope you'll check back and get in the running for it.  It's gonna be good - I promise!

Here's my card.  I hope you'll let me know what you think :-)

Tilda with Gifts

Isn't she precious?  How could anyone not fall in love with this image?  Who doesn't want to receive a mountain of gifts?  She's perfect and she's #249 Tilda with Gifts.  You can get her right HERE at Magnolia-licious.  Diana has the entire Wedding Collection stocked and ready for you to order. 
The dp's that I used on this card are also from Magnolia's Wedding Collection and you can get them right HERE at Magnolia-licous.  Now, I'm always a fan of Magnolia's paper designs, but this Wedding Collection is super fantastic.  I just love the regal patterns and the gold prints.  They're stunning!  I paired them with some leftover shimmery blue cs from my scrap basket and white cs from SU.  I cut the white cs trim around the image using one of the gorgeous new Magnolia DooHickey Dies - Tilda Lace.  If you haven't seen these yet, you absolutely must check them out!!!  As if their mere existence wasn't enough, Diana has them at the most super of all prices!  I ordered all four the moment I saw them and they just arrived the other day.  Yay!  I'm like a kid in a candy store! 
The blue/grey velvet ribbon is from my stash and is sooooo beautiful in person.  I wish the photo could capture the texture.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and my own stash.  I added crystal and platinum Stickles to the flowers and ribbon around the gifts.  Oh!  I almost forgot to mention!  Diana sent me a Scor-Buddy and I LOVE IT!  I got to use it for the first time on this gate fold card.  THANKS DIANA!  It really made it that much easier!  It came with it's own cute little carrying sack and the storage of the scoring tool is the coolest!  And...it's the perfect size to take with you wherever you want to work on your paper crafts.
Here's the inside of the card.  The sentiment is #735 Wishing Two People from Magnolia's Wedding Collection and it's just perfect!  Diana has it in stock so hop on over to Magnolia-licious and get one for yourself.  I stamped the sentiment using Encore Ultimate Metallic gold ink.  It was trimmed out using a MS punch around the page.  Almost forgot, the blue paper in the center is from Magnolia's Hoppy Easter/Spring Collection.   

 
So, I colored this little cutie using a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Ink.  Here are the details:

Copics:  E00, 02, 35, 44, 50, 53, RV21

DI's:  walnut stain, dusty concord, milled lavender, weathered wood, vintage photo

Well, that's all I have for now.  I hope you'll check back before the weekend to see the CANDY that I'll be giving away.  Til then, I hope you find some time to color.  Thanks for stopping by.

Ciao,

Angie

27 comments:

Diana Crick said...

Hi Angie, My gosh I am the first to leave a message...well....you have created a masterpiece once again and I so agree about the versatility of this stamp. I intend to use it for Christmas cards. I love your colour scheme, subtle and most tasteful. This is the first time I have seen the results of the Tilda`s Lace die and I like that the holes are not all perfect, much more character!
Awesome Angie!!
hugs, Diana

Peggie said...

Pretty card. Love the flowers. Great coloring.

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie!!!

This is GORGEOUS! I so need to make one of these style cards. I love your colors and those flowers! I almost used this stamp for a card this week. I just love this stamp you can use it for any purpose.

Hugs, Mindy

PS - I'm feeling so much better, I made 2 cards today and LOVED the way they came out.

Pat said...

Hi Angie...one word...stunning!!

Pat Frank

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Angie!! Love this Tilda and your coloring just totally rocks! Fabulous!
hugs!
Sharon

Jean said...

Oh Angie, such a gorgeous card.. I just put in an order an now find I need more things.. After I ordered I found out I had not ordered the Doo Hickey dies, now seeing them You have done them justice.. Your coloring of your precious Tilda is just so great, and your layout supurb.. love the inside of the card as well. Another Great card..
Hugs, Jean

Rene said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm sure they will LOVE it! Beautiful work...have fun in Sweden :)

Candy said...

Beautiful work once again Angie!
Love your colours, papers and flowers and the new die :o)
Hugs, Candy

Silvie Z said...

Oh my, this is STUNNING, Angie! Everything is perfect! Love this Tilda image, it's so versatile! And love how you used the 3 Magnolia papers! Wonderful job once again!
Hugs to you!
Silvie from France

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie this card is gorgeous! Love this little Tilda and you colored her beautifully!

Blessings,
Gloria

Regina said...

Angie!!! I´m sure you´ll find someone to go with you!!!:))) In Sweden you may go to Hanglar & Stanglat too. They also have wonderful stamps.
Your card, as each one you do, is absolutely stunning!!!
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Regina from Belo Horizonte, Brasil

Maureen said...

Awesome Angie! What a beautiful card; love the colours you chose, and your technique is brilliant.

Oh how I wish I could go to Sweden! That would be incredible!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie, this is just another example of your excellent creativity. You coloring is fabulous and your color scheme so soft and relaxing. A true winner!
Hugs, Barb

Renkata said...

ohhh Sweden, you sure will enjoy it :)
Great and lovely card.

Cordine said...

Angie, another stunning card!
Hugs
Cordine

Jennifer said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said! Another gorgeous card Angie, and the colors you have used are beautiful, so unusual for a wedding card...I just LOVE IT.
hugs
Jennifer

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Angie and the inside is just as beautiful!
Clairex

Irene Daryanto said...

Angie, it's perfect, love how you color, so cute!
Hugs, Irene

Kathy Gerace said...

Absolutely stunning card! Your coloring and layout abilities are amazing! Love your card.
Kathy Gerace

MyAuntKath said...

W.ow, Angie, this card is gorgeous! Love the subtle colors! Great job

Christina C. said...

Angie!!! This is absolutely stunning....you colored this cutie magnificently and you showcased her perfectly! Love, love this card!

Lisette Morris said...

She's gorgeous as all your creations are! I love the layout and coloring beautiful!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous folded card with beautiful coloring and background!
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris said...

A beautiful and elegant card Angie and such a great design, I love gatefold cards! I also love your colouring of this gorgeous Tilda, she's so sweet and versatile, I agree. The new dies.....oh my goodness and no wonder you ordered them all LOL! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Chris

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, your card is beautiful, I love this sweet Tilda, your colouring and design is wonderful. Have a great weekend. hugs Jodie from Oz

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Love the design of your card. The Magnolia die on the edge looks great. Love the colours you have used. As usual super colouring.
DP makes it pop.
Hugs marion

Peta said...

WOW - just gorgeous

Related Posts with Thumbnails