LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Surprise!

CLP DT Sketch Challenge #27


Happy July 1st everybody!!! And welcome to another fantastic sketch challenge by CLP. We had an awesome turnout last month and all of your cards were fabuloso!!! Can't wait to see who the winner is!!!!!!

This month, Chelsea has come up with a really cool sketch. It's a really busy one so there is a lot going on in a 5.5 x 5.5 square. You'll see lots of layers and embellies.  I actually made my card nearly a month ago since I wanted to give it to my best friends daughter for her 4th birthday. This darling little Motivet stamp was sent to me by Mindy, my friend and fellow CLP designer. This was the first time I'd ever colored one of these images and it was a ton of fun. These little critters are soooooooo cute and perfect for a child's card.

So, without further delay....here's my card! I hope you like it.

Surprise!
This little critter is Doraline - Surprise! In all honesty, I don't know what kind of critter she is, but she sure is cute! The bright and cheery dp's are by BoBunny. All cs is Bazzill. The loop punch is by MS and the handmade flowers were made using Marvy punches. I embellished their centers with clear gems for a little sparkle. The bright pink ribbon is no-name from the craft store. I added a little more sparkle to the stripes and bow on the gift box with some crystal Stickles. The sentiment is by A Muse Artstamps.
Here's an angled view to show the dimension of the embellies on the card.


Here's the inside of the card. It's all ready for me to leave a special little note for the birthday girl. The sentiment is by Stampin' Up.


The image was colored entirely with Copic markers. I haven't done that in a while! I did sneak a little shading at the very end with Ranger black soot. Shhhh...don't tell anyone.

Copics: W00, 1, 3, 5, 7, BG0000, 01, 02, 05, RV00, 21, 23, 25, YG21, 23, 25

Oh my goodness what a fun project! I sure hope you'll join in. Every month the DT can't wait to see what you all do with the sketch. For the details of the challenge, please check out the CLP Challenge Blog.  I also strongly encourage you to take a looksie at the other DT cards if you haven't already. They're such fantastic artists and it's a pleasure to be working with them every month.  You can follow their links from the CLP Challenge Blog.

That's all I have for today! I hope you find some time to color. Thanks for stopping by!

Ciao,

Angie

8 comments:

Irena said...

Gorgeous card. Lovely image, great papers and colors.

CelticWoman said...

Oh this is tooo cute, love the colors and detail. Sandi

Patricia said...

This is so cute Im sure she loved it when she got it. It's so bright and cheery.
~Patricia

Elise said...

Angie! This is WONDERFUL! Yes! I love this stamp .. she looks ready to cheer anyone up! And your card is beautiful .. full of color and delight! :)

Hugs,
Elise

Shirley N said...

Beautiful coloring, great card!

Brandi said...

Love your card! It is so HAPPY! :)

Clare said...

Gorgeous card hun. Your little girl will absolutely love it. Love the pp & the gorgeous stamp. Hugs Clare xxx

Chelsea said...

This image is so perfect for a little girl's Birthday Angie.
This card will bring a smile to the Birthday girl! :)
I love the bold colors on this card.
Your coloring is beyond amazing!
Have a wonderful vacation.
Luv,
Chelsea

Related Posts with Thumbnails