LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Little Mermaid...

Hi Everyone!  I'm leaving for CHA today and I really wanted to show you one more card before I left.  I've been going crazy trying to find the time to ink up one of my new stamps from my Magnolia stamp kit.  And...I found a way to ink up two!

I wanted to do something with some beachy colors...you know...the colors of the sand and the sea.  Here's what I came up with.  I hope you like her!

I've entered this card in the following challenge:

My Parter In Crafting Crime - Under the Sea Challenge #7

The Little Mermaid

This little beauty is #306 Little Mermaid Tilda and she is paired with #432 Seaweed.  Both are part of the Bon Voyage collection and can be pre-ordered at Magnolia-licious right now.  I just love them!  I used dp's from KaiserCraft's Le Chateau Collection and Magnolia's Fairytale Collection.  CS is both Bazzill and SU.

The gorgeous flowers are from Magnolia and Prima.  I covered the water bubbles with raised water drops from Cloud9Design and they look sooooooooooo cool in person!  The pearls are from Making Memories.

The twine was sent to me by Magnolia and was leftover from my magazine DT kit.  I think it fits perfectly with this card.  I added icicle Stickles to Tilda's attire and the flowers.

I colored the images using Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger Distress Inks. Here are the details:

Copics:  E00, 02, 41, 44, 50, 53, RV21, Y21

Distress Inks:  walnut stain, black soot, antique linen, tumbled glass, peeled paint, shabby shutters

That's it for today!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm off to CHA!  I'll try to send some photos if I can.  If not, I'll load them when I get back.

Ciao,

Angie

31 comments:

Shelby Goolsby said...

Another beautiful creation. All of the coloring is beautiful but the scales look so amazing. Have a good trip.

Patti Jo said...

She is so beautiful! Love the colors you have used and the details you've put in your coloring! Awesome work Angie!

Diane said...

Mermaid Tilda is a beautiful image and your beachy colours work perfectly, Angie! Such a stunning card!
Diane x

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
What a beautiful card with all the many details! Beautiful flowers and colouring - love Tilda's sun kissed skin!! Her mermaid outfit is gorgeous as well :o)
Hugs, Candy

Dragonlady said...

Hi Angie

I can see why you like these stamps. Stunning card hun and I have to wait for them to be released!!!! Have fun at CHA.

Hugs Ali x

Leonie said...

Just totally and utterly stunning!!! Your colouring is amazing!
Hugs Leonie

Lisa Jane said...

Its absolutely beautiful.
Lisa ;)

Jennifer said...

Absolutely amazing. I just love the way you have colored the scales and all the embellies are perfect. Enjoy CHA
hugs
Jennifer

Dena said...

Beautiful Angie! I love the way you colored the tail! Gorgeous papers too!
Hugs, Dena

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous card, Angie!!! Love the colors and your design!! Beautiful work!
hugs, Sharon

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful card! Have fun at CHA, can't wait to see the pics on your return.

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, hon! What a gorgeous card. Your creations are always breathtaking! Have fun at CHA!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Irene Daryanto said...

Angie, it's perfect coloring on Mermaid Tilda, and love all the Stickles on her fins.
Hugs, Irene

Christina C. said...

Angie, your mermaid is beyond gorgeous, she is phenomenal!!!!
Beautiful card with stunning details!

Regina said...

Angie!! I make mine Christina´s words. Your mermaid is beyong gorgeous, she is absolutely stunning!! The papers are wonderfull and have no words for your coloring, absolutely perfect!!
Hugs
Regina

Jean said...

Magnificent Angie.. love your colors of the mermaid.. she is so graceful... your coloring is supurb and the card layout is so elegant, love your choice of flowers... just a gorgeous card..
Hugs, Jean

Cordine said...

stunning card!
Hugs
Cordine

BA said...

hi angie
this is absolutely stunning, adorable colours kombo and wonderful details
xoxo BA

shelly said...

Oh wow, Angie mermaid Tilda is just gorgeous. Have fun at CHA!!!
hugs,
Shell

Pat said...

Oh Angie...another stunning creation! Have fun at CHA!
Pat Frank

Deb said...

Angie, this card is gorgeous! Hopefully my kit show up soon so I can create too!

Deb H

Jane said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That card is amazing.

bosenberries said...

Card is just stunning.. so glad you joined us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Irena said...

Amazing beautiful card. Every detail is gorgeous.

*Michaela* said...

ANGIE,

this is the most wonderful coloring of Mermaid Tilda I've seen so far. Absolutely gorgeous card. So talented.

Much love,
Michaela

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Angie!! Love the colors you used. I need to make a card with the new kit, after seeing this!

Tanika Iswandari said...

Wow! you're really adorable mermaid tilda!! :) i love the coloring! so perfect!!

CelticWoman said...

this is just breath taking, I have pre-ordered this Tilda, she is soooo very special, thanks for sharing. Sandi

Nancy said...

Angie, this is a beautiful card! I love everything about it. Hope you had a good time at CHA.

Cassie_lu said...

your coloring on her is amazing. the overall look of the card is so sweet and the details work so well with the image

Shawn Caro said...

What a little doll baby she is. You did a superb job on this challenge. Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails