LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Flower for a Pretty Girl...

Hi Everyone!!!  I'M BACK!!!  I'm sure it's far more exciting for me than for you.  I've really missed everyone.  June is an absolute blur.  I was so busy and it went by so fast.  Work was just crazy, which is a good thing when you rely on product sales.  We attended a beautiful wedding on the beach in Saugatuck, Michigan.  It was a gorgeous sunny and very hot day for the wedding couple.  We also had a quick last minute jaunt to Disney World for four days and returned on July 4th to an evening of fireworks in celebration of Independence Day in the USA.  The following day we had a fairly large pool party at our house with many of our friends.  The temperature was in the 90's and it was gorgeous.  And, in between all of this, I had to find time here and there to work on my projects for the next Magnolia Ink magazine.  I managed to get it all done and I'm fully recovered.  Whew!

Today I worked until 1pm and then found a little bit of time in my craft room to put together my first card with one of my new stamps from Magnolia's Wedding Collection - thank you Diana for my DT package!!!.  At first things weren't going well with the distress inks.  I felt as though I had been away from them forever and it had only been two weeks.  Finally, I got into the groove and it all came together in the end.

I hope you enjoy my card...

A Flower for a Pretty Girl

Isn't she just the sweetest little thing?  #392 Tilda with Peony is one of my favorite images from Magnolia's Wedding Collection and you can get it at Magnolia-licious.  I think she is just precious so I chose her first to work with.
These stunning dp's are brand new from BG's "Olivia" collection and I JUST LOVE THEM!  I chose them for my card before anything else.  I used both Bazzill and SU cs to mount the image and dp's.  The image is mounted on navy blue cs, although it looks like black in the photos.  I couldn't figure out how to correct it - sorry :-( 
The image was cut using my Nestabilities 'Large Deckled Rectangles'.  These gorgeous flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I'm hooked on their store!  I've seen many people using their flowers on cards so I decided to give it a shot and place a small order.  I was so amazed that I've already placed two more orders!  I think I have to stop now because I've run out of space in my designated flower drawers.  Anyway, I covered them with crystal Stickles.  The glass garland is by, none other than, Magnolia and you can get yourself some right here at Magnolia-licious.  I must be honest...when I first purchased it I didn't quite know how to use it or how to adhere it to my cards.  But I have to tell you, I LOVE IT NOW!  It adds such a beautiful backdrop and texture for the flowers.  AND...I staple it into place with my Tim Holtz 'Tiny Attacher Stapler'.  That tool is one of my favorite new tools this year.  Gotta get one if you haven't already.  OMG...I'm rambling...so sorry!  The sweet little butterfly was a gift from my friend and fellow DT member, Mindy.  Thanks Mindy!  The lace is from one of my loose ribbon drawers.

And now for the details...This little cutie was colored with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger distress inks.  I'll give you the colors below in a minute.  I used Hero Arts Prisma Glitter on the peony.  At the very end, I sprayed the entire card with 'pearl' Glimmer Mist and the whole thing just SPARKLES!

Copics:  Eoo, o2, RV21 - skin;    E35, 41, 44, 50, 53 - hair

DI's:  spun sugar, victorian velvet, weathered wood, shabby shutters, forest moss, bundled sage, walnut stain, black soot

Well, that's it for now!  Thank you so much for joining me today.  I hope you enjoyed your stay.

Ciao,

Angie

27 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW!! This is just stunning!!

Cami said...

Welcome back, you were misssed! What a gorgeous card to present today! Your coloring is awesome, Angie! Hugs, Cami

Jean said...

Angie she is so adorable and you did a stunning job on her.. your layout and coloring is magnificent. Love all your embellishments and the papers you chose are splendid.. Love the butterfly!! Way too beautiful!
Hugs, Jean

Diana Crick said...

What a treasure she is, to die for DP and your colouring is beyond words, if I had to choose a word spectacular comes to mind!
hugs, Diana

Ageeth Holster said...

Wauw your colouring is really, amazing, what a beautiful colour combination you made.
Have a nice, day, Ageeth

Patti Jo said...

Always enjoy seeing your creations! What inspiration!!! Love the coloring to go so perfect with the pretty papers! Absolutely gorgeous Angie!!!

Renkata said...

Angie,
she is just gorgeous.
I love how you coloured her dress, very beautiful colour combo.

Autumn said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE how you have colored her! Papers and embellies are awesome as well! TFS!
xxAutumn

Bengelmama said...

This is beautiful!!!

So so beautiful!!!

NAdine :O)

Irena said...

Awesome, amazing, stunning, beautiful card. Every thing on this card is wonderful.

Lisette Morris said...

You were missed! This is amazing! I love the DP too and the great butterfly. Smiles, Lisette

craftymum said...

sounds like you had a great month!
Beautiful card. Love it
sarah x

Christina C. said...

This is AMAZING, Angie! Gorgeous dp and your coloring is over the top stunning! An absolutely phenomenal work of art!!

Tracy V. said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I LOVE those papers. I will have to hunt those down. As usual, the coloring is great!!

Shelby Goolsby said...

As usual, your work is beautiful. The colors are amazing. I am so glad you back.
Hugs,
Shelby

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card Angie! Love your coloring as usual and your papers are gorgeous! Welcome back...you were missed!

Sharon Caudle said...

Welcome back, Angie! I haven't been around for the month of June either, and I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things! Your card is gorgeous! Beautiful details and Tilda is stunning!
hugs
Sharon

Peggie said...

Really pretty. Love the pinks and grays.

Yanitza Ramos said...

Beautiful card! Love your coloring ;-)

Sueli Pinheiro said...

Maravilhosa! Parabéns!

debbies said...

She is my favorite image too from the Wedding Collection. Your coloring is beautiful.

Diane said...

What a beautiful card, Angie! I just love the colours!
Diane x

Silvie Z said...

wow Angie, such a pretty card! Beautiful coloring, your Tilda is so so sweet! And the DPs are gorgeous!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

shelly said...

Hi Angie,
Such a gorgeous card, I love your coloring!!!!I'm glad you had a good vacation, I missed seeing your cards!
hugs,
Shell

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie,
I'm a bit slow at commenting on this card. somehow I miseed it.
It is so adorable. I love how you have coloured Tilda dress. Oh so pretty. Love how you did the grass at her feet and in front of her feet. Love the DP's. Just a really beautiful card all round.
Hugs marion

Peta said...

Hey Angie
Every thing about your card is just adorable

Pedacinhos di Pano by Claudia said...

Wow perfect!!!!

hug

claudia

Related Posts with Thumbnails