LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Taps

Hello Everyone!  Every year, as July 4th draws near, I start to feel more and more patriotic.  I often reflect on the freedoms that we have and take for granted in our country.  This day is a celebration of our Independence.  It is a celebration of the freedoms that thousands of men and women have fought for and continue to fight for.  I am very blessed and lucky to have been born and raised in the United States of America.  I have already begun teaching my son that there are many people across the world that are far less fortunate than us.  He's only 6 1/2 and cannot possibly understand the magnitude of his great fortune.  But as he grows, I hope that he will learn to appreciate all that he has and all that our soldiers have fought and died for.  That these freedoms and rights that we are afforded have come with a price...that of many lives lost.

If you haven't seen this video already, it is worth taking a moment of your day to watch.  This 13 year old girls rendition of Taps gave me chills.  I hope you enjoy it.  If you're not familiar with it, it is a piece of music that was written in honor of our fallen soldiers.


2 comments:

Patricia said...

So true Angie being a mom of a solider this time of a year is very touching and emotional time for me. And beleive me they treasure our support over there. I love your post.
~Patricia
Big hugs to you.

Christina C. said...

OMG, Angie, thank you so much for sharing! This talented angel brought me to tears with her phenomenal rendition of Taps.
I've never heard anything more beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails