LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lil' Miss Muffet...

CLP DT Sketch Challenge

Happy June Everyone!!!  Goodness, I can't believe it's June 1st already!  What a fantastic Memorial Day bash we had at the house yesterday!  It was filled with good friends and family and a ton of fun.  The kids all had a blast in the pool and the adults ate til we couldn't eat any more.  The weather was great, with the exception of an hour or so of rain in the middle, but then the sun came back out and the kids jumped back in the pool.  It was a great day.

Now for some more fun!  Today the CLP Challenge Blog has a fantastic challenge going on thru the end of June.  There are some great prizes if you choose to enter - and I hope you will.  Chelsea has come up with a fantabulous sketch.  I just love working with sketches because it gives me a starting point for my layout.  Sometimes I follow them detail by detail and other times I like to change them up a bit.  This was one of those times.  I took the sketch and rotated it 90 degrees and added some simple embellies.

So I've had this Mo Manning digital image of Miss Muffet for some time now.  I haven't been able to use any of my digi's since our printer adds very faint grey lines to the background and it really bothers me.  For business purposes, it's not a big deal.  But for my cards!!!  No way.  When re-doing my craft room, I took it upon myself to get a small laser printer just so I could print my digi's.  I'm soooooooo happy!!!!!

Here is my version of lil' Miss Muffet.  I hope you like it...

Isn't this one of the sweetest images ever!!!  I was so excited about using it for this challenge.  I had a picture of it in my head and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to execute it.  But, I think she's perfect.  One of my favorites in fact.
The dp's are from BG's Cappella collection and they are just gorgeous.  In case you haven't noticed, I use BG paper a lot.  I absolutely love their paper.  Another favorite of mine.  The cs is SU and Bazzill.  The doily is from my collection and it was originally a 5" square.  I cut it in half, resized it, and placed craft store and MS ribbon over the seam.  The old blue mini roses are by Magnolia and you can get them at Magnolia-licious.  The leaves were cut with a MS leaf punch.  Crystal Stickles were added to the tips of the flowers and leaves for a little sparkle.  I used one of the new Tim Holtz dies to cut the layers on the left.  I used my sewing machine to trim all of the paper layers, however, it shows best around the image.  I really like the finishing touch that a sewing machine adds.

Here's a flat view of the card just cause I think it looks cool :-)  I also think it shows some of the dimension of the card.

I colored the image using both Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger distress inks.  Here's the details:
Copics-  face: E00, 02, RV21;  hair: E41, 43, 44;  spoon: W1, 3

DI's- tattered rose, victorian velvet, aged mahogany, dusty concord, weathered wood, pine needles, antique linen, walnut stain, black soot

That's all I have for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Don't forget to check out the CLP Challenge Blog for the details of the challenge and to see what the other DT girls have come up with.  We've got a very talented group of girls and they always do amazing things.  The best thing about a sketch challenge is seeing what everyone else does with it.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Ciao for now,

Angie

22 comments:

Silvie Z said...

Angie, this is so beautiful! I LOVE how you colored the image, it's so sweet! And the layout is awesome!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Ageeth said...

Hi Angie, what a great card ! The colouring is sooo nice done. My compliments.
Regards Ageeth

chris said...

hi Angie
I wish you could have heard the noises I made when I clicked on your card it really is truly scrumptious, the artwork is perfection.
hugs chris xx

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, the image is perfect colored :)

Jenyfur said...

This is exceptional!

Emma and Susan said...

WOW!! This is so adorable! Your image is so beautifully coloured Angie and the shadow effect is amazing. We love the fabulous colours and papers,
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

craftymum said...

fantastic Angie
your colouring is amazing
Love sarah XXX

Clare said...

Wow totally amazing Angie. What a beautiful digital image too. Your colouring is totally amazing. Love the BG pp too. Look forward to your next creation!!! hugs Clare xxx

Nancy said...

So wundervoll!!

Hugs
Nancy

Chris said...

This is such a beautiful card Angie and I love your colouring on this delightful image. I agree about the BG papers, they're gorgeous and all your sewing and details are wonderful. Thank you for your sweet comment the other day and your hubby's too LOL! Glad you had a nice party, it sounded like a lot of fun. Hugs, Chris

Chelsea said...

Hi Angie, I'm amazed by your coloring! Wowwee, this is pure talent! :)

Regina said...

OMG!!!!:)))) This is STUNNING!!! Angie!!! you´re an artist!!! I never see a stamp so beautifully colored!!
An amazing and fantastic job!! I looooove it!! I can´t believe you mixed all... copics, distress inks and watercolor??? Perfect!!! I´ve no words!!!
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs
Regina

Sylvia said...

oh my goodness.. this is amazing, gorgeous, wonderful (and so on.. please insert all superlatives you know here)
oh my word... I'm absolutely amazed by so much talent *wow wow wow*
Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creations with us!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! Stunning colour.

xoxo,
Lori

sandra said...

Amazing card!
I just love your coloring!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Christina C. said...

Angie, your coloring is PHENOMENAL!
I'm loving these stamps and you do such a wonderful job showcasing them.
Love your work!!!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is a STUNNING card♥♥!
The colouring is WONDERFUL and the layout and details just PERFECT!!

Have a lovely day//Gunilla

Heather said...

Wow really beautiful!! You water colored the image, do you use special paper? or just your new laser printer? Does the ink bleed? Sorry for all the questions I've been wanting to watercolor my digi's but haven't figured out a good way.

Heather

Annika said...

Totally in love with your style, the colouring is absolutely stunning and layer treatment just perfect!
Hugs
Annika

Sassylassy said...

WOWWWWWWWW! I love your card. OMGosh the colors are stunning. And the image you chose is wicked cute!
Hugs Bonnie

Tine said...

Hi Angie, this is a gorgeous card. I just love your colouring in. I have entered the challenge this week but don't feel I haven't mastered colouring backgrounds yet. Have you thought about doing a tutorial on them as this one is superb?
Tine :)

Hanne said...

Wow! This is a fantastic card! Your coloring is amazing!

Hanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails