LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lazy Summer Days...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!  I hope you're having a great week so far.  We've been pretty busy around here.  My son's class was scheduled for a beach party field trip on Tuesday and, believe it or not, he didn't want to go.  I think he was all tuckered out from the pool party we had at home on Monday.  So, my hubby called to see if we wanted to meet for lunch at the zoo.  Sounded great to us so off we went.  It took forever to get out the door, but once we got there we had a great time - for the most part.  The weather was beautiful.  Unfortunately, my son had a bit of a meltdown at the end because he wanted to ride the train.  The sun was getting to me after 3 days of being in it and the train was quite a ways away.  I just wanted to get to the car and we were much closer to it than the train.  Once his meltdown started, it was all over for me.  He cried until we got to the car.

Yesterday, I spent the morning doing my not-so-favorite task...accounting.  But, afterwards I was off to my craft room for some much needed 'me time'.  Since the weather has been so gorgeous here lately, I was really in the mood to make a hot summer time card.  I decided to ink up a stamp for the first time.

Here's my card.  I hope you like it...

Lazy Summer Days
 I used three Magnolia images on this card:  Tilda with Skipping Rope; #427 Lazy Summer Flowers; and #420 Lazy Summer Days.  These stamps, and many more, are available at Magnolia-licious.

These fun, brightly colored dp's are from the My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary collection.  The cs is Bazzill.  I cut the image with Nestabilities and then mounted to cs that was also cut with Nestabilities.  You know, I didn't know what Nestabilities were until this year and now it seems that I've become a collector and cannot do without them.  Anyway, the brads and red ribbon are from my collection and I do not know the maker.  The gorgeous yellow polka-dot ribbon was sent to me by my friend Mindy.  I was so excited that I could incorporate it into my card.  She was so sweet to send me a package of some wonderful stamps and embellies and I can't wait to use them all!  Lastly, the flowers are by MS.

As usual, I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger distress inks.  Here are the details:

Copics - E00, 02, 41, 43, 44, RV21, W00, 1, 3, 5

DI's - black soot, scattered straw, fired brick, forest moss, shabby shutters, pine needles, tumbled glass, walnut stain

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I truly appreciate your time and your generous comments.

Ciao,

Angie

31 comments:

Silvie Z said...

Hi Angie! Awesome card with beautiful colors! Perfect for a sunny day! Love it!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Lisa Jane said...

whata gorgeous card . Love that little scene - perfect for a sunny day which for once it is here!
Lisa ;)

Irena said...

This card is gorgeous :) the image is perfect colored :)

CelticWoman said...

Angie, those patterns are spectacular, love the image, great card. Sandi

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card and coloring Angie! Love the way you combine the copics with distress ink! Love this little stamp, reminds me of my youngest granddaughter.

Blessings,
Gloria

Shelley said...

This is a wonderful card. I am still trying to get my head around distress inks. Must keep practicing because you colouring show its worth all the effort. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Ohh Angie this is gorgeous love it!
hugs
Sue x

Christina C. said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Angie. Beautiful summer colors and lovely details.

Maureen said...

Oh Angie, how I love the way you've coloured this! The whole card is beautiful; love the bow, ribbon, and all the embellies you added.

Shirl said...

As always, your colouring is gorgeous!!! Love all the embellishments that you used and the papers are matched so beautifully :)

Pam said...

Great card Angie! I love the papers and your coloring is wonderful!
Too bad about your son's meltdown...it is never fun for Mom!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

I love this. The colors are beautiful, you inspire me so much to go out of my "comfort zone" of pinks and browns. Beautifully colored and LOVE the dasies. Gorgeous card!

Hugs!!

dolcreations said...

Oh my...this is so darn cute! Just love the colours that you used!

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely adorable, Angie!!! Love your coloring and design! Fabulous!
hugs!
Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Angie,
This is so beautifully done! I love how you color with both copics and distress inks. It's a beautiful look!
Hugs,
Barb

Candy said...

Great work!! Love it :o)
Hugs, Candy

Leonie said...

Just stunning Angie. Love the way you colour it has, and creates, such depth. Love your use of the bright yellow ribbon too just makes it all 'pop'
hugs Leonie

Regina said...

WOW Angie!!! Every time I visit your blog my day is much better!!!! You do so wonderful cards and this one isn´t different!! Absolutely stunning coloring and the scene is fantastic!
Hugs
Regina

Christine Riley said...

Very pretty, love your layout and papers and your coloring is beautiful.
Hugs, Christine

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the layout. Pretty colors and coloring.

Diana Crick said...

Waht a fun summery card. I so envy you the sun we have had nothing but rain for days.
The layout is adorable with the switch up on the patterned pieces. Colouring takes my breath away it is so realistic. Beautiful work Angie!
hugs, Diana

Linda S. said...

Hi Angie, I just wanted to say how much I love this card. Your coloring of the images is outstanding, as is your layout. Great job. Linda S. in NE

cabio's craft corner said...

Angie, your card is totally gorgeous coloring and very darling!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cheryl said...

Almost like a photograph! Love this one, Angie!
(And I can't wiat for those lazy, summer days!)

Julie said...

This card is absolutely adorable. Love the colors and papers you chose and your Tilda is just perfect!

Crazystamper said...

Beautiful card Angie, I love the colouring it's simply awesome! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

Irma said...

Beautiful card, Angie!! Coloring is gorgeous, as always! Love the layout and embellies and the papers you used... Great job!!
Hugz, Irma

Kathy Gerace said...

What a cute card!! Oh the memories it brings back - jumping rope, wearing my brother's cap much to his dismay! Summer time is such a great time of year!
Kathy Gerace

shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Your coloring never ceases to amaze me =)
hugs,
Shell

Rach said...

wow, this is gorgeous, such fantastic colouring..xxx

Andrea said...

Wow Angie, the card is beautiful.
I have a question. What paper do you used for coloring?
Greetings from Germany,
Andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails