LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just Beachy!

Happy Day Everyone!!!!  OMG!  I can't believe how many days since I've posted something!  My son's last day of school was Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.  I spent all of Monday and Tuesday getting things done that I couldn't easily do with him.  I drove him to school Wed. morning, hung out for some presentations and then took my hubby breakfast.  We live an hour from my son's school so it doesn't make sense for me to go home and then turn around and go back when he has a 1/2 day.  So, one last time before summer break, my hubby and I got to have breakfast together at his office.

Since that day, we've pretty much been entertaining poolside.  It's a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work.  During the summer, I do a tremendous amount of grocery shopping, grilling and cleaning up after us and guests.  I'm Italian so I brown-up pretty quickly and easily.  My hubby is an englishman (by ancestry) - fair skinned and blue-eyed - and he looks like a lobster in just minutes when under the sun.  I've never burned in my life - thank goodness!  It looks pretty painful.

Anyway, I'm going to do my best to post a new card each week during the summer.  There may be a couple of weeks when I fall short while making my projects for Magnolia Ink.  Right now I'm about to explode with anticipation of the arrival of the Magazine DT package with all of the secret goodies to make my projects.  I can't wait til it gets here and I can get started!  I also can't wait to get my copy of Magnolia Ink "Fun In The Summer Sun"!  I had time to make only one card for it and I have no idea if it made the cut.  I know that not everything the DT makes actually gets in the magazine, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  Well, there up just a little ;-)

Well, enough chit chat!  Goodness, I feel like I've been gone a long time and have so much to tell you!  Anyway, here's my card...

Just Beachy!
As I mentioned, I have been poolside for several days now so these images were the perfect choice.  I have combined #237 Beach Tilda and #612 Bathing ring.  They must be hot items for summer because I don't see either of them in stock right now at Magnolia-licious.  But, if you contact Diana she can let you know when they will be restocked.  Til then, make sure to check out the wedding collection and get your pre-orders in asap!!!  Diana also has the fab new Magnolia Doohickey Cutting Dies available for pre-order.  They're absolutely gorgeous and I've already ordered all four!  Yay!!!

I'm so into this summer vacation and I'm really loving these bright colors lately.  The dp's are from Echo Park Paper Co's 'Sweet Summertime' collection and they're HOT HOT HOT!  The yellow and red cs is by Bazzill. 

The ribbon and button are from my stash.  I used a sweet little sentiment by Whimsy Stamps that just arrived yesterday.  We had some friends over to swim and grill and my girl friend, Tina, must have thought I was nuts when my hubby brought the mail in and handed me two packages.  I knew instantly that they were stamps and was giddy with excitement.  Outsiders just don't understand do they ladies?  I had new Maggies from Diana and new sentiments and flowers from Whimsy Stamps.  It was a wonderful day ;-)  Back to my card...the background around the sentiment was cut with several SU punches.  I used my sewing machine around the image background and then my bobbin thread ran out while sewing the polka dot layer.  I didn't notice it til I had gone all the way around and then decided that I liked the effect.  So, I ran the striped and pin-wheel layers through before threading the bobbin again.

You can see the yellow/blue background surrounding Tilda best in this closeup.  It looks really great in person.  I colored the images using both Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.  Here's the details:

Copics - E00, 02, 42, RV21, Y11, 15, 21, YR23

Ranger Distress Ink - walnut stain, broken china, tumbled glass, fired brick, spun sugar, scattered straw

That's all I have for today.  Thanks so much for joining me.  I hope you find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

29 comments:

Kim Y. said...

This is cuch a great summery card! Great coloring! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

This is adorable! I love this Tilda! You have colored her beautifully! These papers are so pretty and perfect for summer! Super cute card!

Hugs!

Tini said...

Wow .... wonderful coloring! Love your fresh card. Tini

Rene said...

She's amazing!! Great card...cheerful and bright! Love it!

Tracey said...

This is awesome!! I love it!

ultraroyale said...

Great card. Makes me want to head to the pool right now. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

Chris said...

You'll be happy to know your card did make the cut, I've seen it and it's gorgeous :D! So is your card today, such lovely colouring and design and those papers are perfect for summer. I see you have great taste in men too, you married an Englishman LOL. Hope you get some breathing time soon. Chris :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Wonderful work Angie! Love the bright dp and this sweet Tilda...I wish I could use bright colors, but I have such a hard time with them! I really appreciate anyone who can make such awesome cards with bright colors...you've done a marvelous job...hugs...Barb

CorinneS said...

Wonderful coloring. Love the colors...very nice card...So Summery
Hugs~
Corinne

Candy said...

Great card, Angie. Fantastic papers used and lovely bright colours. Love the layout and your colouring of course is always wonderful :o)
Hugs, Candy

Pat said...

Hi Angie...adorable!! Love the bright colors...your coloring is gorgeous...and the DPs and embellies are perfect! Pat Frank

dolcreations said...

This is one awesome summery card! I just love the bright and summery colours! Absolutely beautifully coloured!

Tammy said...

I soooooooo love the colors....The image is perfectly done. Beautiful
smiles...Tammy

Maureen said...

AW great card as usual Angie! Sounds like the party's at your house this summer... hope you get time to relax just like Tilda!

Marion said...

What a lovely card!
sunny and bright!
Enjoy your summer!

Silvie Z said...

Hi Angie,
What a beautiful card! The colors are awesome, so sunny and cheerful!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Bernadet said...

such a great card Angie. I really love the way you're colloring!!!!
I become a follower
Have a great summer

Renkata said...

Very nice summer card. Great DP and colouring.

Irena said...

Gorgeous card. The image is great colored. The papers you used are wonderful and in lovely colors.

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card Angie! Very summery.
Hugs
Cordine

Phyllis said...

Fantastic card. Love your coloring.

Teresa said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the sewing effect on the card. Great colors! Yeah for Summertime!! Teresa E.

Christina C. said...

Angie....what a beautifully colored Tilda and you showcased her magnificently! Love everything about this card!

Christine Riley said...

So cute, I love the fun colors and layout.
Hugs, Christine

kraftykylie said...

Hey Angie your card is soooo cute!
I love the bright colours and layout. It makes me long for summer(it was 8 celsius this morning)
Big Smiles to you
Kylie :D

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and sweet card Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

CelticWoman said...

Angie, great card, makes you want to take a dip with Tilda. Hugs

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors.

Alicia said...

love your coloring!!! beautiful card!!! Alicia :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails