LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Untamed...

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!  Oh, I sure hope you're having a great one!  My husband and son are spending the day together today.  That leaves me in my craft room!  Yippie!!!  I really like the sketch over at Friday Sketchers this week and wanted to make something for it.  I had this little girl colored in already and had picked out the dp's.  I got sidetracked and never actually made a card for her.  So, this was the perfect opportunity.  I grabbed my laptop and made my way to my craft room this morning.  I just love the card that I came up with.  I hope you do too.

Untamed
This little Sugar Nellie is called "Untamed".  Isn't she sweet?  I just love her long, flowing hair.  She almost looks to me like she's floating.  The dp's are from the Got Moxxie - Baby Mine collection.  But, the pieces that I used don't look 'baby-ish' to me.  The cs is by both SU and Bazzill and is really hard to see in photos.  But, believe it or not, there are two layers of cs backing the dp's.


I used a MS punch for the border around the image.  It adds a bit of romance.  I added the ribbon and bow both for texture and to cover the imperfection where the border didn't finish perfectly.  I put a little metal flower in the center of the bow for more texture and a bit of sparkle.  The gorgeous black gardenia is by Magnolia and you can get them and more at Magnolia-licious.  The pink flowers are by Prima.  I got the feathers from somewhere on eBay and I just LOVE the feeling they bring to the card.


As usual, I colored the image with both Copic markers and watercolors with distress ink.  Here's the detail of the colors that were used:

Copics: C00, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, E00, 02, RV21

Ranger Distress Ink: Shabby Shutters, Spun Sugar, Old Paper, Pumice Stone, Black Soot

I hope you enjoyed my creation today.  Thank you soooooo much for joining me.  Try to find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

11 comments:

Andrea said...

This is sooooooooo darling. I love it.

Irena said...

Wonderful card, I like it :)

Denise said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors, image, feathers, borders, everything! Great job.

Patricia said...

I love this!
~Patricia

Julie said...

A beautiful card

Marciava Harris said...

I love this card..and the Edwin Hood one as well....Great job...

Christina C. said...

You do such beautiful work....this card is simply gorgeous. Love the MS punch around your image and the coloration of this and all your images is phenomenal.
Looking forward to your video tutorials.

paola said...

Absolutely beautiful as usual Angie you make great cards always a pleasure to visit your blog
smiles
Paola

Rosie said...

OMG Angie, this is fabulous!! I think I feel that way about every card you make...but the colors on this one is awesome! Love the black gardenia...I saw them but wasn't sure how to use them until I saw your card. Love this Sugar Nellie Gorjuss girl too!! Hugs, Rosemary

Susan said...

DEE LITE FULL!!!!

Stampin'Piper said...

Angie, I love your card! Beautiful colours!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs Tanja

Related Posts with Thumbnails