LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Summertime Treat...

CLP Challenge DT

Today is the very first CLP Challenge with the new DT in place!  How exciting is that????  I am so tickled to be on this DT.  I love making cards with sketches and this challenge blog is ALL ABOUT SKETCHES!!!  Chelsea has assembled an absolutely fabulously talented group of artists who will be making beautiful sights for your eyes on a monthly basis.  You can check out the whole group at CLP Challenge Blog.  There you will also find the details on how to join in on the fun.  It will run from May 1st thru May 31st.

Here is the fun sketch for CLP #25


Here is what I came up with:

Summertime Treat

I just love this Gurlee Girl image!  Doesn't she just make you want an ice cream cone?  When I first saw her, I immediately thought she looked like the typical image of an 'all American girl'.  Blonde hair, ice cream and roller skates...So I decided on an all American color scheme - red, white and blue.

These sweet dp's are from Pink Paislee's 365 Degrees collection.  CS is SU.  I grabbed the ribbon from a pile in my craft room.  I added a WOJ charm and K&Co pearls.  I made the beaded pins using a WOJ pin and beads from the craft store - simple but pretty.  To give a little sparkle, I added Stickles to the card border and Crystal Lacquer to the ice cream scoops.  I used an EK Success corner punch to make the insert for the image.

I colored the image with Copic markers and watercolors with distress inks.  Here is a list of the colors:

Copics -  E00, 02, 41, 43;  RV21;  Y21, 23;  W3, 5, 7

Ranger Distress Inks - walnut stain, pumice stone, shabby shutters, scattered straw, weathered wood, fired brick

I had a great time making this card for CLP Challenge Blog.  I hope the DT has inspired you to join in on the fun.  Try to find some time to color!

Ciao for now,

Angie

7 comments:

Irena said...

Very cute image :)

Chelsea said...

Wow, all those coloring technique on one image. You are a real crafting artist! and yes, those dps are so sweet! I also adore the delicate lace, and pretty heart charm. ~Chelsea

Peggie said...

Wow! Are these ever great. What a wonderful layout fot Tilda. Love the pink pearls and the pink wand. Too cute. Great sketch and interpretation of the other one. I think I may use it for the Edwin I am doing.

Elise said...

Oh Angie! This is sooo smokin hot! I love how you've colored this Gurlee!!! Yes! She does look like the typical all american girl .. and a real cutie pie at that!!! What a gorgeous card! Absolutely beautiful!!!
Big Hugs,
Elise

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Beautiful card, Angie! Cute Gurlee Girl image - and I must say I love your colouring! Delicate, beautiful lace you've used. The pins and the cute charm are such fab details!

Hope your weekend is great! Happy to be on the CLP team with you!
Hugs, Hege :)

Patricia said...

Angie the colors on the card stand out so much I love it. Awesome job!
~Patricia

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Angie - this is really sweet! I totally agree on the "All-American Girl"-iness of this stamp. She's beautifully colored!

It's great to be on the CLP DT with you. I look forward to all your beautiful creations!

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails