LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spellcaster...

Magnolia-licious DT Sketch Challenge


Happy Saturday Everyone!!!  Well, it's the first of the month and do you know what that means???  That's right!  Magnolia-licious has another awesome sketch challenge going on.  This time, the sketch was provided by Becca and it's a great one!  You can see all of the DT cards at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog, and believe me, it's worth your time.  The DT has been revamped a bit recently and Diana has assembled some more awesome talents.  Don't forget, you can join in on the fun by making your own creation with the sketch.  As always, Diana has a fantastic prize for the winner.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I've been a little pressed for time these past couple of weeks and I was worried that I would be rushed with my card.  As it was, I didn't have time to work on it until yesterday.  I'm happy to say that everything went smoothly and I really like the card!  I had a lot of fun working with the sketch.  I didn't change it up because I think it's pretty cool as is.  I did have a bit of trouble with the embellishments though because my images are pretty large and I didn't want to cover them with flowers and stuff.  So, it's fairly simple, but the dp's have so much going on that I don't really miss all of the fussy stuff.

Here's my card.  I hope you like it.  Please let me know what you think.  I always love to hear from you.

Spellcaster Tilda
I really wanted to work with one of the new stamps from the Fairytale Collection and I finally decided on #231 Spellcaster Tilda.  This was the first time that I had inked her up so it was pretty exciting.  I backed her up with #648 Open Gate from Spring 2010.  The Fairytale Collection is currently on pre-order at Magnolia-licious.  You can get these 2 stamps and more there.  They have the largest inventory of Magnolia's in the USA.  So, stock up!  There's no time like the present!

 
These gorgeous dp's are from the Webster's Pages - Lullaby Lane & Life's Portrait Collection Combo Pack.  The cs is SU.  I used generic black craft ribbon.  The pink pearls are by MS.  I glued silver jewelry spacers in the center of the open flowers and topped them with K&Co pearls.  Finally, I added crystal Stickles to the magic wand and the flowers.



I colored both images with Copic markers.  I added the grass by hand to ground the images.  Here is a list of the markers that I used:

E00, 02, 40, 41, 43, 44, 53
W00, 01, 03
R20, 22
RV21
BG0000, 72, 75
YG91, 95, 97, 99

I used Ranger Distress Inks in Walnut Stain and Pumice Stone for the shadowing and to add extra depth to the images.

I really enjoyed working on this card.  I absolutely love to work with sketches.  Somehow it makes it a little more challenging.  Thank you so much for visiting me today.  Make sure to stop by Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog to see all of the DT creations.  They are fabulous!

Before I go, I want to thank you all for your sweet comments on my recent good fortune.  It was so nice to hear so much encouragement from everyone.  Thank you so much!

Scroll down to the next post... I've got more for you!

26 comments:

Irena said...

beautiful card :)

Kylie said...

Oh Angie, this is so pretty! I totally agree about the embellies, the gorgeous image and papers really give the card enough don't they? Your colouring is always amazing. Love it!
Hugs
Kyliek

marijke said...

oh wow this is so gorgeous.

Chelsea said...

This is gorgeous Angie! Those papers are so so yummy and my goodness, Spellcaster Tilda is doing her job. lol I'm hooked on her. Your coloring is unbelievably stunning. A card full of beauty and elegant. ~Chelsea

CelticWoman said...

this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, I might have to put this Tilda on my wish list, she is adorable. Sandi

cabio's craft corner said...

Your coloring job is totally fabulous Angie!!! Because od your magical hand coloring, this Tilda look so pretty and cute!! Beautiful card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb Hardeman said...

She is just stunning, Angie. You are so creative, your coloring is matchless and your accents on this card are totally fab!!! hugs...Barb

Dena said...

Angie! This is so very gorgeous! Your coloring is just out of this world!
Hugs, Dena

Shelly Schmidt said...

Congrats! You have a beautiful eye for color- love your card. I look forward to being inspired!

Candy said...

Angie!
What a beautiful card!! Those papers are wonderful :o) Your decorations are perfect on this card.....Of course your colouring is magical.
Hugs, Candy

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a gorgeous card, Angie! I love it! ('course I love all of your cards...lol)
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

BA said...

hi angie
this is adorable, love your colouring xoxo BA

Karen W said...

Angie, breath-taking! I lve you card and all the littl extras you did

megline said...

Beautiful card,
Hugs, Line

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie I love when you post a new card! This one is amazing....Love the papers you used but most of all I love the way you created and colored the scene!
Gloria

Aussie Loz said...

this is so pretty! defiantely no need for extra embellishments! gorgeous..♥

Cami said...

Another beautiful card, Angie! Love, love, love how you drew in the grass! You are so talented and have a great eye for color! Hugs, Cami

Stampin Mindy said...

This is Gorgeous Angie! I love this Tilda! Your papers are beautiful. I love the fence too. Hugs!

Tini said...

wow Angie....what a beautiful card! Wonderful design and colors.
Hugs Tini

Irma said...

WOW, Angie, you've done it again!!
What an absolutely wonderful card! You're right... it doesn't need much besides the beautiful papers you used! LOVE how you did the grass... stunning!
Hugz,
Irma

Shelley said...

Congrats on your DT appointment. Love this card, the papers are fantastic. Love your Tilda and awesome colouring. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Bengelmama said...

Wowwww ist das eine super süße Karte. Wunderschöne Farben.

Nadine

Christina C. said...

Angie, your card is just beautiful...love the papers and Tilda is just stunning. Magnificent!

Patti.Jo said...

She is so gorgeous!!! Beautifully colored and love the gate and flowers too! Fabulous work Angie! Can't wait to see your work in the magazines too! Always terrific!!!

Nancy said...

Your card is beautiful Angie! Your coloring is so very gorgeous! Love the pretty papers! Awesome job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Cissy said...

Amazing!!! This is so beautiful!!!

~Cissy

Related Posts with Thumbnails