LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prince or Frog???

Hi Everyone!  Today I have a little spin on a Magnolia image.  I've really wanted to work with this little frog prince ever since I got him.  I think he is absolutely adorable.  Problem is, I wanted to do something a little different with him.  I just didn't know what so I put him aside.  I also wondered what I could do with the crown.  Hmmm.  It's not something that another image would sit on since it doesn't look all that comfy.  So, I put it aside too.  Then, it occured to me.  Here's some insight into the way my brain works...

When the Incredible Hulk gets really, really big, his clothes don't grow with him.  Instead, they rip in to shreds.  Conversely, when he shrinks back to his normal human size, his clothes don't suddenly fit him again.  They're still ripped to shreds.  The only thing that changes form is his body.  Yeah....so?

My point is this, when the spell is cast on the prince and he is turned into a frog, would his crown shrink too?  If not, then here's what he would look like with a crown that is just a bit too big for his tiny little head...

The Frog Prince
I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday cause I thought it was a really cool one.  Just love all of the layers.  I combined three Magnolia stamps on this card:  #1413 Prince Phillip Frog; #514 Crown; and #711 Kiss Me I'm A Prince.  In fact, this card is overflowing with Magnolia stuff since all of the dp's are from the Magnolia "Once Upon A Time" collection, i.e. Fairytale.  All of these stamps and papers and many, many, many more are available at Magnolia-licious - the absolute bestest Magnolia store this side of the....well....everywhere!

Isn't his crown just the cutest thing sittin' there all crooked on his head?  I stamped it on a separate sheet, colored it, and cut it out.  Then I covered it with diamond Stickles to make it all sparkly like a real crown.  I used SU cs and ribbon.  The eyelets, button and gems are from my stash and I have no idea where they're from. 

I colored the images using watercolor with Ranger distress inks in the following colors:  walnut stain, antique linen, forest moss, peeled paint, shabby shutters, weathered wood, and tumbled glass.

I hope you enjoyed my little spin on this little Magnolia frog.  Thanks so much for visiting today.  Try to find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

43 comments:

Christina C. said...

Oh, Angie, this is just too cute....love the way you set the crown crooked on his head covering one eye. This is just delightful.

Rach said...

oh bless this is fantastic, what a brilliant idea... and so beautifully coloured... Hugz Rach xxx

Angelwood said...

Very adorable, Angie! hugs, Angela

CelticWoman said...

adorable card, love the frog. Sandi

Irena said...

WOnderful card :)

Michele Spera said...

Really neat car! Love that crown on his head:-) I especially like the background . really nice DP theme here
Really nice job
Michele

Shelley said...

This card is oh so sweet. I love your colouring and you combination of images. hugs Shelley

marijke said...

this is sooooooooo gorgeous

RubyM:) said...

HE HE HE Another curious card,I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO YOU.For not beeing a maggie or an Edwin you sure did an exceptional job.You made use of this image and completed it with your touch.BEAUTIFUL CARD.RubyM:)

autumn0725 said...

OMGoodnes, this is so stinkin cute! What a terrific idea, and so perfectly colored!

Bengelmama said...

Wahhhh die schiefe Krone ist ja super. Eine wunderbare Karte.

Nadine

Maureen said...

Awesome Angie! Love that the crown is askew... great idea and such a cute card!

Chris said...

So cute Angie, love what you've done with Prince Philip and his crown, a great idea! hugs, Chris

SASSY Stampin' said...

Angie! How adorable! He could be my prince he is so cute! Great job as always!

Hugs!

Pat

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie!

This is so cute! I love the paper I just got mine yesterday! I love the crown on the frog, and your coloring is amazing! Gorgeous!!

hugs, Mindy

Card Crazy said...

This is chuckle out loud cute! Love it.

hikers said...

Angie what a cute, cute idea!! Since I'm one who talked about the background I do like the background you did on this one. :-) Myrna

Sassylassy said...

Oh Angie he's adorable! Wicked cute card. The colors are awesome. Your story made me crack up. I think the crown suits him.
Hugs Bonnie

Candy said...

Angie,
I am still smiling. LOVE your idea with this card. It couldn't be any cuter :o)
Perfectly and beautifully coloured as always. Love your paper choices.
Hugs, Candy

shelly said...

Angie, this is such a great card. I love the idea behind it that he once was a prince and that's why he's wearing that big crown!!! So creative. Your coloring is awesome.

Leonie said...

O this is just SO cute!! I loved reading your story and had a giggle at your way of thinking, but hey, it made perfect sense. he does look cute with her oversized crown! Great job
hugs Leonie

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just so stinkin' cute! I loved your story about the Incredible Hulk and his shredded clothing. How fun you've made this card - completely Magnolia!!! Awesome job...

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

You are so clever Angie to think of doing this. It makes so much sense. The way Prince Frog is looking I think he is saying "I wish she would hurry up and give me a Kiss so I can see properly"
super coloring.
Hugs Marion

Julie said...

Angie - That is ADORABLE!

Handmade by Vivi said...

your card is wonderful and you had a very clever idea!! loveit!
xxx
Vivi

Peggie said...

Absolutely adorable.

Nancy said...

Love it Angie so adorable!
Hugs,
nancy

kraftykylie said...

Hey Angie

I love it and I can totally understand how your mind works...mine is the same!!! The lil frog prince looks sooo cute!!!
big smiles to you
Kylie :D

kraftykylie said...

Hey Angie

I love it and I can totally understand how your mind works...mine is the same!!! The lil frog prince looks sooo cute!!!
big smiles to you
Kylie :D

Jean said...

Oh Angie, this is perfect, background is so gorgeous!! the frog all the embellishments, coloring, and layout is simply to adorable!!! I admire the whole card!!!
Hugs, Jean

Irma said...

Angie, I LOVE the way your brain works! LOL! Just brilliant!
Great coloring (love the background!) and those papers are just scrumpalicious! Wonderful card!!
Hugz, Irma

Suzanne J Dean said...

I'm not much of a frog girl, but you managed to make him top of the line CUTE--fabulous Angie!

hugz,
Suzanne

Garnet said...

Angie this is just toooo cute! I love everything about it. I like to layout and the way your mind works is just fine :)
Garnet

*SHeRRy B* said...

How cute is that!

Christine said...

Your fabulous card brought a big smile to my face. I just love how you combined these stamps. Super fun card and such beautiful coloring. Love everything about it.
xoxo, Christine

Silvie Z said...

Wow, another gorgeous card! The crown on the Prince frog's head is so cute! I love how you put the DP, it's such a beautiful layout!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Jilli said...

Angie, this is just perfect! I love what you've done with the sketch, but more so i love the idea of putting those 2 images together. Perfect colouring and papers!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Jillix

Diane said...

I really like your frog prince, Angie and his crown is just perfect!
Diane x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Love Love Love it!!!! That is too adorable!! Awesome job!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous coloring Angie and you really pop out that crown. Looks so neat!
Hugs,
Cabio

Charlotte said...

He's adorable! Fab papers/design and beautiful colouring too - he really made me smile! And I like your Hulk story too - what always amazes me with him is that his trousers seem to withstand ripping?? Maybe he has special rip-proof trousers? Just a thought:-D

Christine Riley said...

This is so cute, love all the distressing that you did and that little frog is too adorable! :)
Hugs, Christine

Carmen said...

This card is just ADORABLE!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails