LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Little Bit 'O Honey...

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!  Oh, I sure hope you had an awesome day today!  I had a fantastic one myself.  We started the day with brunch at Brio with my parents and then came back to our house for a bit.  Then hubby and son went to the hobby store and left me alone in my craft room!!!!!!!!!!  Now that's a gift :-)  I was able to get some how-to videos done and they will be up on the Tutorials page of my blog shortly.  I wasn't expecting to get to them until next week.  I did one showing how I watercolor and the other shows how I add the deep shadows at the end.  I hope you enjoy them.  Be sure to check for them later tonight or tomorrow.

I also added three videos last week that you can watch right away.  They are:  Masking, Skin with Copics, and Brown Hair with Copics.  I know there are many of these out on YouTube (mine are too by the way - search under 'scrapgirlangie'), but I just thought I'd give you my style of things.  Look at them....don't look at them....just know that they're there if you want.

So, on to today's card.  I made this card when I completed the videos and I used the image that I colored for them.  I hope you like it...

Honey Tilda
This sweet little honey bee is Honey Tilda and she is sitting on #541 Honey Jar.  You can get them both at Magnolia-licious.  It's the only place that I shop for all of my Maggies.  Diana has the best prices around and you get your orders super fast.

The fantabulous dp's are from PinkPaislee's Queen Bee collection...how fitting.  I used SU cs per usual.  The flowers weren't labeled and I can't remember where I got them.  The ribbon is your basic craft ribbon.

I applied diamond Stickles to Tilda's wings and the tips of the flowers and leaves.  The leaves, by the way, were cut with a MS punch.  I then distressed them with Ranger Walnut Stain and shaped them.  I cut the photo corners with a Cuttlebug Vintage die.  The sweet little bee charm is from WOJ.

Per usual, I colored the images using Copic markers and watercolor with distress inks.  Here's the details:

Copics:  E0000, 00, 02, 41, 43, 44, RV21

Ranger Distress Inks:  Walnut Stain, Forest Moss, Scattered Straw, Old Paper, Wild Honey

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....here's a little slideshow of my newly organized craft room.  I still need to hang some Copic organizers and a bulletin board.  I also need new chairs.  But it's sooooooooo much more organized than it was before.  I love all of the little 1" and 2" drawers for my stamps, tools and embellies.  I love them so much that I'm going to order four more of the short drawer stands.





That's it for today!  Thank you so much for joining me.  I hope you get a chance to check out my tutorials.  Look for the newest two either tonight or tomorrow (they take a while to upload).

Try to find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

25 comments:

Peggie said...

Love how you did this Tilda. The bee charm is too cute. The background you did for Tilda is just wonderful. Pretty layout.

Jessica said...

Oh Angie, your cards are just so much fun. I really enjoyed the tutorials and can't wait for the rest. I'm anxious for the shading one. I really love how you do that. It brings so much life into your projects. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica

megline said...

Very cute card. Love the colors and the flowers.
Hugs, Line

Maureen said...

Oh how cute Angie! Love your style of colouring... I'll have to check out your videos!

And Love your room! Wowzers! You lucky woman, you!

Jean said...

This little bumble bee is so adorable Angie.. you did a fabulous job of coloring and love your layout.. your flowers are great.. the papers are a great match and lover the little bee hanging from the ribbon... Love your craft room.. great job...
Hugs, Jean

Irena said...

Lovely card, I like it very much :)
Your craft room is great :)

Me said...

Really pretty card! Looking forward for your video tutorial too! And what a neat craft room! It's my dream one! Hope I can have something like that one day!

angel4031 said...

ooooh what a gorgeous card I love the colors xx

jodyb said...

Your card is adorable! Love the coloring. With practice, practice, practice I hope to be able to color like that!

And your craft room is awesome!

kraftykylie said...

Hey Angie...I love the card...Its so gorgeous and Tilda is coloured so beautifully. I watched all your tutorials and I would love to live in your craft room. Thanks so much for sharing all your hard work.
Smiles to ya
Kylie :)

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie your card is amazing! Your coloring is perfect and I just love the way you do your layouts...so creative!

stampinglyn said...

Your watercolouring tutorial is wonderful. I no longer have any fear in using the distress inks for the Maggies. Thanks for making it so easy for all of us to understand.

Hugs,
Linda

Christina C. said...

It can't get any sweeter than this, Angie!!!! Love your card!
Your craft room is gorgeous...meticulous! What a pleasure to create in such a wonderful atmosphere!

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgesous card, Angie! Love the way you colored her!!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Bengelmama said...

So Beautiful! Sooooo Cut.

Nadine

Patti.Jo said...

Such an adorable card! Loved seeing you color this step by step with your tutorials too! Thanks for sharing those! They are awesome along with your cards!!!

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

Hi Angie!
Your card is really beautiful.
I love how you have set it out.
The tutorials are awesome. They are so clear and easy to follow.
I loved the deep shadow one that you did. Now to try and do it as well as you did.
Hugs Marion

Lisette Morris said...

Bee Tilda is one of my favorites! I love the coloring and the DP! So perfect!

scrappinpeg said...

beautiful card and thanks so much for the coloring tutorials. Your craft room is super..... You are lucky!

Kathy said...

This is so gorgeous Angie!!! I just adore your coloring and love your tutorials!! I knew a darker color went in it but didn't know how so thanks so much! These colors are so pretty together and now I will know how to color this image!!
Thanks so much again!
:)Kathy

Nancy said...

Oh Angie i love your card! Your coloring is just gorgeous and i love the flowers as well.
Your craft room looks awesome and thank you so much for the tutorials they are fantastic as well!
Hugs,
Nancy

Monique said...

Your card is gorgious !!

Hugs Monique

Karen W said...

Your card is just so beautiful! I love the colors your choose. I have watched your videos and am going to look for that little brush tyu used for the deep shadows.
I feel more confident to try distress inks. Thanks for sharing the tutorials and your wonderful work.

cabio's craft corner said...

Fabulous coloring Angie. Your shadowing is so lovely. The flower accents are a wonderful touch :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Tracy Boyle said...

Your work is beautiful Angie! I'd like to ask a question: Where did you get the drawers for your room? I love that idea! Thanks for sharing.

Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails