LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Raining....It's Pouring....

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!  What a busy week so far!  I sure hope you're having a good one.  I made it to my craft room today.  I was deep in withdrawel since I hadn't been in there since last week.  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately, but for some reason I was drawn to a rainy spring image.  I hope you like my card.  For some reason, the coloring went really quickly.  With the exception of the background, I colored the entire image with Copic markers this time.  I just purchased the dp's and I love the bright colors.  I'm usually drawn to more muted colors, but for some reason these grabbed my attention.

Here's my creation....

It's Raining...It's Pouring....
This sweet little Tilda looks to me like she's doesn't know quite what to do now that it's raining.  She's so cute.  She is #226 Tilda in Spring Rain and you can get her at Magnolia-licious.  I don't see her in the store right now, but if you drop Diana a note, I'm sure she'll be able to tell you when she'll be back in the store.  The beautiful dp's are from the My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary collection.  Cs is Bazzill.  The ribbon is from my stash of bty cuts.  The sweet little color coordinated flower is by Prima.  Hanging from it is a bird charm by Tim Holtz.  I think it's appropriate because the birds are all over the place in spring.  I applied crystal Stickles to the tips of the flower petals, but it doesn't show in the photo.  I also applied it to the puddle after taking these photos.  Sorry.  Oh yeah, I think the photo corners are by Tim Holtz as well, but I removed them from the packaging and no longer have it for reference.


All coloring was done with Copic markes and watercolor with distress inks.  Here's the details:

Copics: E00, 02, 40, 42, 43, 44, 53, RV21, C00, 3, W00, 1, R0000, 22, 24, 27, Y0000, 21, B0000, 00, BG01, 02, 10, 11

Ranger distress inks: black soot, walnut stain, weathered wood, stormy sky

Thank you so much for joining me today.  I had a great time making this card and appreciate your taking the time to spend with me.  Try to find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

33 comments:

Christina C. said...

Hi Angie! your card is just gorgeous....love, love your pretty background, your phenomenal coloring of Tilda and the papers are just perfect. Absolutely stunning!
Cute charm!

Fleur said...

Hi Angie, another fantastic card. Fab image & perfect papers
Hugz Fleur xXx

Chris said...

She's gorgeous Angie and so beautifully coloured! I haven't stamped this little sweetie for a while, you reminded me :). Love those papers too, they're so cheerful. Enjoy the rest of your week. Chris :)

Andrea said...

Hi there!! This is so cute. I love the way she is colored. She is one of my favorites. :)

Shelley said...

Lovely card Angie. Great background for your lovely Tilda. Must get me this image. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is stunning, Angie, I love your layout and papers and yoru colroing is gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine

kraftykylie said...

Hey Angie...your card is super cute!! I love love love your colouring and the cloudy back ground is perfect.
Big Smiles to you
Kylie :D

shelly said...

Cute card! I love how you made the background stormy looking but kept the DPs bright.

Maureen said...

Awesome Angie! Love the papers... how perfect! And that bird charm; I bought one at a bead store that looks exactly the same! Love your colouring and the stormy clouds you added.

Julie said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is so beautiful. You really bring her to life.

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Angie, what a fun card! Rain! Something we need desperately in my part of the country, with temperatures now in the 90's daily! Those dp's are fabulous and the little bird charm is a perfect companion!
Hugs,
Barb

Peggie said...

Very pretty. Love the background. This Tilda is one of my favorites. Wish I had time to color but not right now - maybe soon.

Tracy V. said...

Gorgeous as always Angie! I love that image, it's on my list of must gets!

Tracy

Eulanda said...

Wow your coloring is absolutely amazing!! Love the papers you've used too! :)

Leonie said...

Gorgeous!! Your colouring just blows me away every time!! love the little charm too.
Hugs Leonie

Irena said...

Adorable card, lovely image :)

Nancy said...

Angie your card is gorgeous! Your coloring is so beautiful and I really love your background! The design papers are perfect along with the other details!
Hugs,
Nancy

craftymum said...

Hi Angie
I found your blog through Julie Allain at Inspirational. Wow am I glad too!. Your work is unbelievable. i have joined your followers and will be visiting, and commenting regularly. I a going to look back now at some of your previous work......and drool!!!!
Love sarah XXX

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

This card is so beautiful! I adore your colouring and the papers are so fab and fun! Your work is wonderful and it is a pleasure to have found you through Inspirational.
Hugs Judy xx

Doris P. said...

Hi Angie!
Your cards are amazing, and the coloration wonderful!
Hugs&Greetings from Austria
Doris

kaylou said...

Hi Angie
wow I can't believe I haven't found you before, your work is amazing thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Kate said...

Popped over from Inspirational, your colouring is divine.

** Kate **

Clare said...

Wow Angie your colouring is totally amazing!!! picked up your blog from Inspirational and am now following. Will be checking out your tutorials as would love to be even 1/3 as talented as you with colouring!!! congratulations on your feature hun. Hugs Clare (from UK)xxx

Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Love your Tilda! She is so softly colored! Great papers!
Hugs to you!
Pam

Diane said...

I love this image and you've coloured her so beautifully, Angie - great card!
Diane x

RubyM:) said...

HI Angie this is fantastic! Your coloring is always so beautiful!!! I need to go over and get coloring lessons LOL!!!! Your paper is sooooo cute!! I really do like it. What a great card.okay chica look foward to your next card!! RubyM:)

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie your raining Tilda card is beautiful! Love the papers they are perfect! Awesome job on your coloring and layout!
Blessings,
Gloria

Cordine said...

Gorgeous Card!
Hugs
Cordine

BA said...

angie this is really stunning , love your colouring
xoxo BA

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie, This is so cute, love the dps and your beautiful coloring. The bird charm is darling. Creat colors. Hugs.

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute & cheery Angie--love those papers with this cutie!

hugz,
Suzanne

Cheryl said...

I LOVE this Tilda and how you've used her! Great, great card, Angie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails