LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!

Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop!!!

The Magnolia-licious Group on Yahoo is celebrating it's 2nd Birthday!!!  And the Magnolia-licious Design Team is here to celebrate with the most explosive blog hop ever!!!!  That's right.....we have EXPLODING BOXES!!!!  If you've come to my blog by way of Janiel's blog then you're on the right track.  If not, then you may want to go to Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog to start from the beginning.

Feel free to join in on the fun by making your own exploding box.  You can use this sample project to help guide your way.  You can enter you card at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here's my interpretation.  I hope you like it :-)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY

 As you can see, this appears to be just a simple box and bow.  I kept the exterior really sweet and simple.  The surprise is on the inside - hee hee


You untie that bow, lift the lid, and BAM!  Out pops Tilda, jumping up in the flower garden and holding a sign that says "make a wish". 


The sentiment in front of Tilda reads "Happy Birthday!  How many fingers are you?"

This sweet little image is #313 Happy Tilda and you can get her and many other Magnolia treats at Magnolia-licious.  Happy Tilda is one of my favorites!  I know, I say that about all of them, but she just beams with excitement!!!  How could anyone resist?  The dp's are from the My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary collection.  Cs is by Bazzill.  All of the flowers are from the wedding isle at the craft store.  I used crystal Stickles all over Tilda's shirt, the flowers, and to outline the base of the flower garden.  To create the banner that Tilda is holding, I used Nestabilities circles to cut out the desired shape from one of the little bags that my Magnolia stamps arrive in.  I stamped the sentiment with Stazon.  The 'make a wish' sentiment is by A Muse Artstamps.  The larger sentiment is by Inkadinkado and is one of my favorites ever!  The clear gems are by BG.

I colored the image with both Copic markers and watercolor with distress inks.  Here's the detail:

Copics - E00, 02, RV21, E41, E43, E44

Ranger Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain

That's all I have for today!  Please proceed to Sharon's blog for some more 'explosive' artwork.  And start thinking about how you can decorate your own exploding box so you can join in on the fun.

Ciao,

Angie

53 comments:

Patti Jo said...

Tilda looks so happy amongst the flowers. Beautifully colored too Angie! Love how you made the sign on the acetate! Terrific box!!!

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

Just beautiful Angie. Happy tilda is one of my favorites too. Love the design papers you have used.
Hugs Marion

BA said...

angie such a lovely surpise box, yourtilda is adorable
xoxo BA

Irena said...

Great box, I like it very much :)

Angelwood said...

Beautiful job, Angie! Love this image you've chosen to explode out of the box. Beautiful papers too! hugs, Angela

Dena said...

What a super cute Tilda! Love the bright and cheerful colors!
Hugs, Dena

Janice said...

Very cute!

Barb Hardeman said...

Wonderful job Angie! I love how Tilda jumps our from the center and the sentiment is delightful! Gorgeous work...

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! What a beautiful box. Very nice work you did on it. Hugs. Nataliya

scrappyjan said...

beautiful Angie!! Loving the colors!!!
Happy weekend to you. hugs, Janiel

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Very cute Angie !
Hugs

Jeri said...

Love how she pops out holding that "Make A Wish" banner. Very cute idea. Your coordinated papers are beautiful.

Shelley said...

Angie this is just gorgeous. Love the papers and the colours you have used.hugs Shelley

Cheryl said...

I just love how you made your box a little taller to hold this Tilda-a favorite of mine too!
Beautiful papers and coloring! She looks like she is dancing through a flower garden!

paola said...

As per usual you manage to step up to the challenge and produce something absolutely STUNNING! just great Angie, i have become one of your biggest fans
smiles
Paola

stampinglyn said...

Sweet,Sweet,Sweet...any child would love to receive this for their birthday!
Hugs,
Linda

Pam said...

Hi Angie,
I love your take on the exploding box! Tilda is so happy! Beautiful DP you've used, and the flowers make it fancy!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh wow, this is great. I love how you've made the make a wish banner. TFS.

cabio's craft corner said...

So sweet and love the inside suprise that is like Tilda blooming out from the flowers. Very cute set up!!
Hugs,
Cabio

www.amazingpapergrace.com said...

Angie, this is so sweet!! You picked the perfect papers and the coloring is sweet!!

Jean said...

Oh Angie this little Tilda looks just like you, open the box and out you jump... just so cute... love your choice of papers and flowers... your box is just so sweet that it is you...
Hugs, Jean

*SHeRRy B* said...

This is so cute!

Juliep said...

This is adorable Angie. Such a happy carefree card. I love the sentiment. lol

Corinne's Place said...

Very beautiful..... Love the simplicity of the exterior and the surprise inside is so adorable.

Diana Crick said...

What a lovely surprise to lift the lid and have Happy Tilda pop up to chat with you. Beautiful bright and cheery colours. I love it!
hugs, Diana

scrappinpeg said...

Awe your Magnolia explosion box is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the pp's, flowers, your coloring... It just all flows so well together.
TFS. Peggy

Candy said...

Beautiful work, Angie. Your colouring as always is amazing!
Hugs, Candy

Barb F said...

What a cool idea to use the clear acetate to stamp on! I think this project will be so much fun! I love your box! Hugs, Barb F

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely precious box, Angie! She's a perfect image for a surprise box and your papers and flowers are awesome!
hugs!
Sharon

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous Angie, this is such a fab blog hop. Love your choice of papers/colours and Tilda looks so happy to be jumping around in those gorgeous blooms. Hugs Tracy x

Lori said...

So cute, Angie! I almost missed the adorable sentiment you have on the inside which says 'how many fingers are you?' That is waaaaaay cute!!! Beautiful work!!!

Love and hugs ~
Lori

monica said...

Angie, Really nice box and I love Tilda--she looks so happy and the coloring is awesome. Really like the papers and the colors too. Super job
Hugs Monica M

RubyM:) said...

AWHH A PERFECT Bday gift.I like your theme and the colors are gorgeous.What a perfect image for the surprise box.RubyM:)

Marcia L. said...

Oh so very cute, simple but to the point. Love he birthday sentiment as to how many fingers :-)

Nancy said...

Hi Angie,
What a cute box I love how you kept it simple on the outside with the big wow on the inside! Beautiful job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Suzanne J Dean said...

Angie she is just a doll exploding up from that beautiful flower garden inside--jumping for joy! Beautiful job and so very happy and cheery--brings a smile to your face, lovely work!

hugz,
Suzanne

carrie said...

Great exploding box! I love the way Happy Tilda is standing among the flowers.

Mary Lou said...

Oh Angie this is sooo sweet~~Simple but just adorable!! I have this special happy tilda on my wish list along with longing Tilda--just love seeing them!!! Thanks for inspiration!!
Blessings

Julie said...

Adorable! It looks like she is going to jump right out of the box!

katydid said...

Love the "make a wish" banner in her hands, how fun!!! Very cute!!!

TAS said...

Your Tilda is so precious and love the coloring with the Copics and the watercolor distress ink technique. Well done!

craftingmanda said...

this is beautiful i love the sign that she is holding

Anita said...

Your explosion box is so adorable. I love it.

Lisa said...

so very cute!!!

Diane said...

A lovely box, Angie! Happy Tilda is one of my favourite images.
Diane x

Debbie said...

I love the hidden surprise inside from the simply outside. Stunning!

BurningRubber said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing! I'm lovin that paper!

Chris said...

A gorgeous exploding box Angie and Happy Tilda is perfect to be jumping out, I love this and will have to try one sometime. Superb colouring and the little flower garden and her banner sentiment are perfect with her.

Huge congratulations to you on becoming a member of the Magnolia magazine DT, I'm so happy for you and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations in the Magazine very soon. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Chris :)

Carolyn said...

Angie, absolutely amazing. I just love all the attention to detail, such a fabulous project. I'm off to make mine.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Kathy said...

Love Happy Tilda, too. This is a great project!

peggysue said...

So sweet, I don't have that Tilda but feels like I need her. Super cute with Happy Tilda dancing in the flowers.

Jamie said...

Sooo cute! I had a lot of fun making mine!

Leslie K. said...

This is so sweet! I love how you placed the flowers! Great work

Related Posts with Thumbnails