LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Edwin of Sherwood Forest...

Hi Everyone!!!  I hope you're having a great week so far.  I sure am!  I got my craft room nearly complete.  I have a few more items to purchase.  I got to work in it today and it felt wonderful!!!  Everything is so clean and organized.  I do need a more comfortable chair though :-( 

So, I don't often make masculine cards.  I have a little boy and spent several years scrapbooking boy pages.  When I make cards, I love to use the girly colors, ribbons, flowers, lace...all that girly stuff.  Still, when I saw these two Magnolia images, I knew I had to put them together.

Here's my take on Robin Hood...

Edwin of Sherwood Forest
As with all Magnolia's, I JUST LOVE THESE IMAGES!!!  Here you see #166 Sherwood Edwin and #468 Trees In A Row (Large) and they're both available at Magnolia-licious - I think they're out of the Trees In A Row stamp, but if you let Diana know, I'm sure she'll get one ordered for you.

These fab dp's are from the BG Origins collection.  CS is from both SU and Bazzill.  I decorated this card very simply with assorted buttons.  The edge was cut with a MS punch and then I applied diamond Stickles.  The bow, arrows and feather in Edwin's cap also got some Stickles.

Both images were secured to the card with dimensionals.  All edges of the card and layers were distressed with sand paper.

I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with distress inks.  I used the following colors...

Copics used:  E00, 02, 41, 43, 44, RV21, W1, 3, 7

Ranger Distress Ink: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Old Paper, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo, Black Soot

Stampin' Up ink - Soft Sky

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for joining me.  I hope you enjoyed my creation.

Try to find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie

34 comments:

Peggie said...

What a great card. Love the scene. The dp is great and so are the buttons.

Christine Riley said...

Super cute, I love the scene you created.
Hugs, Christine

isu.alum said...

Holey Smokes! This is amazing. Love the colors and your layout. And LOVE that you stitched the holes on those buttons. I dislike naked buttons! LOL... The coloring on Edwin is fabulous. Love that you used a little brown with the green on his clothes.

Kerry

Candy said...

Beautifully coloured and detailed, Angie! Cute scene. Love your DP and buttons.
Hugs, Candy

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome card, Angie!! Love the colors and papers! And I really love the punched edge! Fabulous work!
hugs!
Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie, this is fabulous! What beautiful coloring and the combination of distress with copics is wonderful! Love the papers - very cool...
Blessings,
Barb

ladydiana said...

Absolutely stunning...your colouring is amazing, beyond words it is so realistic!! I especially love the buttons. Out of this world creation Angie!
hugs, Diana

Kylie said...

Oh wow Angie! Another ABSOLUTE STUNNER! I love the little scene and the papers are perfect! Gorgeous.
Take care
Kyliek

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great coloring- love the images and the scene you created. Great DSP and embellishments! TFS

Leonie said...

O he is a handsome fellow isnt he!! Still such a cutie though! Love the punched edged and great papers for a masculine card!
Hugs Leonie

cabio's craft corner said...

It's not only a card Angie, it's a beautiful picture. It looks very cool to be hung on the wall for display!
Hugs,
Cabio

Lisel said...

Your coloring is amazing! You should make a tutorial of this one. I'm confused how use used your distress inks with coloring. I'm probably behind the times. I get the copics, but not the distress inks. Want to let me in on the secret?
lisablodgett@gmail.com

paola said...

Fabulous job with Edwin, Love the idea of these trees with him, and your coloring is outstanding
smiles
Paola

angel4031 said...

WOW I love this card - you have done a stunning job xx

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous card . great image and love the scene
Lisa ;)

Nancy said...

Hi Angie your card is awesome! Love the papers and the punched edge of your card. Your coloring is fabulous as always! Awesome card! Can't wait to see pictures of your new studio!
Hugs,
Nancy

marijke said...

my goodness this is sooooooooo gorgeous

Shelley said...

Angie this is awesome. The dark colours are fantastic. Everything just goes perfectly together. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Lisette Morris said...

This is Awesome! I have him, and he's all colored but I am stummed too. I never really worked on a masculine card. Yours is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card Angie! Your work is always amazing!

Pat said...

Hi Angie...your newest card is stunning...like all of your cards!! I'm so excited for your new position on the magazine's DT! Can't wait to see your work published!! Just awesom!! Congrats again! Pat Frank (VA)

Miss Petunias said...

Wow! I love the colors you used.I don't see many "darker" colored cards and this one is just beautiful.

Scrapgirl said...

I don't think I have to tell you how awesome your card is....but it really is! I love the colors and combination. Beautiful.

I do have one question for you. What paper do you use when you mix Copics with Distress Inks???? My friend and I were playing with this over the weekend and tried watercolor paper and neenah, GP, PTrey.

Tracy

Christina C. said...

What a great Robin Hood....your coloring is absolutely magnificent.
Wonderful creation, Angie!!!

Cissy said...

Sooooo cute!!! Coloring excellent!!!

~Cissy

Gayle said...

Ok...this is one of my fav cards you've ever done. Great job!
--Gayle

Jessica said...

Angie,

Simply stunning, I always love to look at your work. It's almost real, your coloring is awesome...Teach me!!!

Thanks for sharing your awesome talents!
Jessica

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi angie! this is SUCH a great card!! and the colors are simply perfect. TFS!

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, Congrats on your DT position with Magnolia Ink, you GO Girl! Your card what can I say it's adorable, looks so real girl!

Hugs,
Patricia

Patti.Jo said...

However you are combining the Copics and DI's, it is fabulous! Just love the coloring and your scene. Well love the whole card! Fantastic work Angie!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie!! This is adorable, I love buttons and your papers are beautiful. Stunning coloring, just sn adorable little scene! Hugs!

Fleur said...

Oh my, Angie this is absolutly stunning, I love it all - the images,the colouring, the papers... it's all perfect.
CONGRATULATIONS on your Magnolia DT position.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Silvie Z said...

Hi Angie,
Your card is STUNNING,perfect coloring! you are very talented!
Nice layout, I like how you combined the papers!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

Fantabulous!!!! I'm running out of words. It's all been said.
A masterpiece. Love it.
Hugs Marion

Related Posts with Thumbnails