LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little princess...

Happy Challenge Day Everyone!!!  What a fantastic day it is!  It's supposed to be 70 degrees in Michigan today!  Summer is on its way!!!!  I can't believe spring break is aleady here.  My son's last day of school this week was Tuesday.  They conveniently scheduled conferences on Wed. and Thurs. and then Friday is the beginning of spring break.  He's going to be home for 10 days so I may not get as much time in my craft room :-(  But, we've got plans to go to the park, out to lunch and to play with friends.  It'll be really nice to spend some time together.  It'll also be nice to sleep in a little ;-)

And now for the reason we're here!!!!  Magnolia-licious Highlites has a sketch challenge going on and we have some awesome DT cards for you to see.  Make sure to pop over to check them all out!  Claudia came up with the sketch this month and it really lends itself to your creativity.  The challenge will be running all month so you have plenty of time to create your own masterpiece and enter to win.

Here's what I came up with...

Princess Tilda

This darling little girl is #263 Princess Tilda and is due to be released in April.  She can be pre-ordered at Magnolia-licious.  The entire Pirate, Bridal, Prom and Magic collection is absolutely adorable and is coming out really soon.  You can get them all at Magnolia-licious and if you get your pre-orders in, you're certain to get them as soon as they start shipping - which is really soon!!!!

The dp's are from the BG - Euphoria collection and I just love 'em! They're just perfect for both Easter and Spring.  CS and gems are Bazzill. The little pink rose is by Prima. I used no-name ribbon and lace from the craft store. I also added Stickles to Tilda's tiara and the trim on her dress, but it doesn't show in the photo.  I found the feather on eBay.  The charm is from a box on my scrap table.

I colored Tilda using watercolor with distress ink and Copic markers.

I hope you enjoyed my creation today.  Try to find some time to color and don't forget to enter the challenge.  Who knows...you could be the winner!

Ciao for now,

Angie

26 comments:

Hanna said...

Lovely card, Angie!
Simply STUNNING! :o) Love everything about it. The colours, the details, the layout, everything! ;o)
Your colouring is so beautiful.

Lots of hug´s from Hanna

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
your card is so darling. I love this Princess Tilda. I love that she is the center of attention and not too many flowers. Your layout looks great and love the feather.
Tilda looks good with white gloves.
Super card.
Hugs Marion

Love crafts forever said...

Ah, she is absolutely beautiful. I like how you colour her. Your card is corgeous

Shirley N said...

Just so lovely. Love your layout!

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous! I love your coloring and I love the addition of the feather.
Hugs, Christine

Gina L said...

This card is both pretty and sweet. As usual, you did an awesome job coloring her. I love the feather!

Lisette said...

She is precious! I love the colors used.
Thanks, Lisette

Christina C. said...

Angie, she looks so regal and positively divine. Your coloring of the image is superb and the layout is wonderful. Love, love your card.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Angie, this is soooo pretty!!! I love the soft, muted colors and your coloring is gorgeous!! Tilda is totally preciou and I just love everything about it!
hugs!
Sharon

Leonie said...

This is just stunning!! Love the way you have coloured her. One of my favourites from the new collection.
Hugs
leonie

Linda S. said...

I'll join the crowd! Absolutely stunning work....every bit of it. I too, love that soft while feather. It just adds that touch of softness that is perfect for this card. Linda S. in NE

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie your coloring of Tilda is beautiful. Love the combination of copics with distress inks....Awesome Card!

Mrs Adept said...

Beautiful~!!

Handmade by Vivi said...

Angie,
your card is stunning! I love it and great job on the sketch!
xxx
Vivi

Julie said...

She is adorable! I love the colors you have chosen.

Lisa said...

Another gorgeous card!! I love the feather, funny I was just looking at feathers at Michaels yesterday!! What part of Michigan are you in?? My husband and I both grew up in Taylor.

hugs,
Lisa

Pen to Paper said...

Angie, this card is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats!

XOXO

Jackie

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww...what a sweet card angie! she's absolutely beautiful!

Lissa said...

She's definitely on my wish list... ;)

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Your card is beautiful!! I love the way you have coloured Tilda so gently and your papers are perfect. LOVE the feather, rose and ribbon. Great touch!
Hugs, Candy

Robin said...

Yep...I really want this Tilda!!! Your crd is fantastic!!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Angie,
Your card is beautiful! I love that it is not to fussie, Tilda is colored beautifully and I love the feather detail! Love your card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Stempeltiger said...

This is GORGEOUS Angie!
You've coloured the little princess beautifully.
Fab papers, colours, lace and flowers.
Enjoy the Easter weekend.
Hugs
Swantje x

Scrapgirl said...

She is adorable. I have her on pre-order can't wait to get her!! love it

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie! This is so cute, I love this Tilda and your papers and the feather is soooo cute, very good idea. Just a beautiful card, Happy Easter! Hugs!

Lena said...

Hello Angie. This is stunning card. Really adorable... I love Princess Tilda and papers. Your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs
Lena

Related Posts with Thumbnails