LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello Sunshine...

Happy Monday To Ya'll!  Well, Easter is behind us, which means that we're even closer to summer!!!  We have had some gorgeous days in Michigan lately and I've been feeling so energetic because of it.  It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for you!

The holiday weekend was busy but fun.  We spent Easter at my brother's house and had a wonderful meal with family.  The kids had a great time playing together and the adults got to get caught up on each other's lives.  It was a lot of fun and long overdue.

On Friday, I found some time to color, but didn't have enough time to actually assemble the card.  So, I did that today.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Stampavie and more - Friends

Friday Sketchers 

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Stamp Something - Pink

Here's my card....
Hello Sunshine


I loved this image the moment I saw it and couldn't wait to work with it!  I finally have just the right occasion.  This 'Hello Sunshine' image was designed by the fabulous Elisabeth Belle.  Her work is simply amazing.  This particular image was designed for Ladybug & Friends.  Dp's and cs are from BasicGrey - Urban Prairie collection.  The buttons are also BG.  I used Bazzill gems and Stickles for a little something shiny.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I used Nestabilities to cut out the image.  The butterfly was punched with a Marvy punch and then stickled.  You can't really see it in the photo, but I applied Stickles all over this card - on the girls clothes, the ticket, and to trim out the edges of the card.

I don't always complete the inside of a card when I first make it.  I often do this just before sending it since I don't always know who it's going to and what they might like.  This time, it just felt incomplete.  I used the same BG dp's.  The sentiment is from SU and I cut it out with my Nestabilities.

The image was colored using watercolor with distress ink and Copic markers.

I hope you have a great day today.  Thank you so much for joining me.  I hope you enjoyed my creation.  I had a blast making it.  Try to find some time to color!

Ciao for now,

Angie

26 comments:

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Love your card! Simply gorgeous! I love the colors and the DP is just wonderful and of course your perfect coloring rocks!!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
If you have not already, I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

Bengelmama said...

Ohhhhh ist die süüüüß. Ich finde die Karte ein Traum.

Nadine

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie, this is so stinkin cute! I love this image and your coloring... WOW! The papers are so bright and pop! Beautiful card. Hugs!

maddy hill said...

beautiful beautiful colouring .
adore your card !
hugs
maddy x

Annette said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Such wonderful colouring too! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Beautiful card - I love your colouring! :)

Shirley N said...

Such a beautiful card. Your coloring is gorgeous!

The Paper Princess said...

Hi Angie,

What a delightful blog you have - filled with such pretty creations! I really like today's card!

I just signed up to follow your blog and would be delighted to welcome you as a Kindred Spirit at Create With Joy as well!

Have a great week!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Angie this is gorgeous, your colouring is amazing. I have tried with the distress inks but didn't work out very well lol, come on give us a tutorial!
hugs
Sue x

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Angie, thanks for playing along with SSC this week! Your card is just stunning - as always! The coloring is just awesome and the buttons and bling are delightful. Beautifully finished inside and out!
Hugs,
Barb

Eulanda said...

OMG I LOVE this! I preordered some punches from 7KidsCollegeFund back in January. Unfortunately, this was a preorder as well and I put them together. I STILL haven't got this stamp!! I am hoping to see it this week. I just LOVE your coloring! I bought the stamp because it reminds me of me and my twin sister. I can't wait to make her a card with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Leonie said...

Angie this is just gorgeous! That image is super sweet and loveing all the BG papers!! Your work amazes me no end! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week
Hugs Leonie

KarenB said...

What a fabulous huggy friendship card, and your colouring always amazes me.

Renkata said...

Angie, very precious card. I love this image from Ladybug and Friends.
You have made very beautiful card.

mommy2lou said...

Well the SSC challenge wasnt a challenge for you AT ALL was it??
Just look at all your cute little girlie cards!

Great coloring and fantastic layout. Just an overall lovely card!

Gemma said...

Wow Angie, such a stunning colouring, beautiful. I love everything about your card, the colours, the designpaper, the image! Super! Thanks for joining us at SSC, hope we can enjoy more of your creativity next week! Gemma

Anne H. said...

Wow - your card is stunning!
Beautiful colors and I love the image. Your coloring is fab!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :)

paperpedaler said...

Just found your blog, and it is amazing and full of inspiration. You are very talented and your coloring is one of perfection.

Graphicat said...

Wow! your colouring is phenominal here! I have not seen that image before and it's just gorgeous! The whole card is a work of art. Amazing work!

Thanks for joining in on our girly challenge this week at SSC!
Hugs
Cheri

Helen said...

I LOVE IT! I love that stamp and those colors! Beautiful!
Blessings!
~H

Carolyn said...

Angie, your card is just perfect. Your coloring is absolutely amazing. Love the layout, and the stamp,,, I need it!! Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

TaraG said...

Oh WOW ZERS!!!Angie, this is absolutely stunning!!! You are girl after my own heart...totally love your style! Your colouring is just super beautiful and I will have to try and combine my Copics and distress inks and see how it goes! I love the yummy BG Urban Prairie papers you've used and this image is so darling...so many great details...love everything about it! I had a good peek around you blog this morning before I head to work...totally thrilled to find your blog. I added you to my blog roll and will definitely be back again for more eye candy! Thanks for your sweet comment too!
Hugs,t

SweetnCrafty Gal said...

what a beautiful card hun! i absolutly love your colouring! thanks everso much for playing at stamptacular this week! good luck! xxx

Marianne-db said...

wow! I love this card! This is one of my favorite images and you have colored it beautiful! Beautiful papers :-) Love the buttons and the sewing!
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular!

Paula said...

What a fun card, love the image, the dp you chose, love how you inked the edges of your image and the sentiment inside...just beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

BA said...

such an adorable card angie, I really love your creations and colouring is so stunning
xoxo BA

Related Posts with Thumbnails