LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Country Bumpkin...

It's Saturday!!!  I hope you're having a great weekend!  Mine has been very relaxing.  Since I am in recovery, my wonderful husband took our son out for a daddy/son day today.  They went to a movie, lunch and for ice cream.  Sounds like the perfect day!  I had a perfect day as well.  I decided to relax and recover in my craft chair!  What better place???  Heaven I tell ya!  I found two card challenges that I decided to enter and combined them into one card.  I realize that's not a giant leap, since I've seen some people enter more than a dozen challenges with one card.  But, I really wanted to do these two.  Anyway, I received some new stamps about a week ago and chose a sweet little one for the card.

Challenges entered with this card:

Friday Sketchers - Sketch

Cute Card Thursday - Mono Mania!

Here it is...

Adela Enjoying Fresh Apples

This sweet little girl is Adela Enjoying Fresh Apples by Sara Kay for Stampavie.  Isn't she precious?  I couldn't resist!  I had pre-ordered this stamp, along with a few others, a couple months ago and completely forgot about the order.  Then, about a week or so ago, I received a surprise package in the mail and there they were!  Yippie for my poor memory!!!  It was like an early birthday present!

 
The dp's are from K&Company and they're my favorite color!  I know, brown....how can that be someone's favorite color???  But it is.  I absolutely love the richness of the color brown.  Anyway, cs is from both Stampin' Up and Bazzill.  The lace is by-the-yard from the craft store.  All of the flowers are by Prima and I used a MS punch for the leaves.  The simple little sentiment is from Hero Arts.  Finally, I used chocolate Stickles on the border of the card, the chocolate flowers, and the leaves.

I colored the image using watercolor with distress inks and Copic markers.

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for joining me.  I hope you enjoyed my creation.  Try to find some time to color!

Ciao for now,

Angie

18 comments:

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie ! I wish you lived closer so I could play with you LOL ! Awesome card and I like you have to say brown is one of my favorite colors.

dreams_sueños said...

Your works is very very BEAUTIFUL!!!! hugs from Córdoba, Argentina
ADRIANA

Sue said...

Angie this is beautiful, love everything about it, an girl your colouring is Stunning!
hugs
Sue x

Shirley N said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the browns.

Nanda said...

I just love this card. The coloring is beautiful and brown is also one of my favorit colors. I like earthtones,it give me a warm feeling and so is this card.

Blasé said...

Just too Purdy!

heidy said...

Wow,Angie,This is so gorgeous,love everything about it.
Hugs Heidy

Jean said...

Angie, this is so very adorable, love how you colored little Adela and the paper you used is so fitting.. the lace and the flowers are so perfectly done. love your sewing. Great job.
Hugs, Jean

PJ said...

Angie, What can I say, your work is absolutely beautiful. The colors you pick are gorgeous!! Love looking at your blog. It gives me inspiration!

Janneke said...

Wauw !! Amazing card ;0)
Thanks for joining us this week at Friday Sketchers.

Janneke

Christina C. said...

This is just beautiful...superb coloring of the cute image!
Congratulations on joining all the magnificently talented Magnolia-licious designers!

Annika said...

I am utterly in love with all the beautiful warm hues on that card, gorgeous colouring and fabulous layering. You go, girl!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Kas said...

Your work is amazing!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, This is gorgeous, love the colors and this layout is amazing! Hugs!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! The colors on this one are soooo striking, Angie!! I love it! Beautiful coloring and inking, and the papers are perfect! Everything just flows beautifully! Gorgeous!
hugs!
Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous vintage theme Angie. Love that coloring that made this cute image like a glowing in the dark effect!
Hugs,
Cabio

BA said...

angie this is adorable angie!!!
xoxo BA

Tammy said...

Your coloring is so beautiful on this...>I too love the brown. It really is a great card.
smiles...Tammy

Related Posts with Thumbnails