LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, April 23, 2010

Coming in for a landing...

Happy Friday Everyone!!!  I can't believe it's the end of the week already!  Boy how it flew by.  I popped a few ribs out of place last weekend and I've been suffering ever since.  I finally made it to the chiropractor this afternoon and I'm hoping the pain will end soon.  Aside from that, I can barely remember the week!

So, my husband has agreed to help me update my craft room.  I ordered the furniture on Monday and it should arrive by the end of next week.  Tonight we're going to pick out flooring and he's going to install it this weekend.  I have the best husband!  He's very supportive of my craft and loves to help me out when I need him.  I can't wait to get things organized!  I have so much stuff just piled up around my craft room.  I don't even know what I have anymore!  It'll be so great to go through everything and get it organized.  I'll have pics for you when it's done.

I received some fabulously amazing news first thing this morning.  I'm absolutely tickled pink and I wish I could tell you about it!!!  Not yet though.  Still in the works and I don't want to blow it.  I should be able to give the details shortly though.

I made this card on Monday and I've been trying to find the time to post it.  I finally got the time today.  I hope you like it.

Coming In For A Landing
I couldn't wait to use some of my new Magnolia stamps!  This card features #3035 Mini Tilda and #1412 Fantasy Flower.  They are part of the Fairytale Collection and can be pre-ordered from Magnolia-licious.  I just love these images.  I really wanted to show off the size of Mini Tilda because she reminds me of Tinkerbelle.  I thought I would show her landing on the flower so you could see just how tiny she really is.
I love layers and I used a lot on this card.  The dp's are from BG's Green at Heart collection and each of them is double matted with SU and Bazzill cs.  I chose to feature the orange and purple because of the strong contrast and warmth of color.  It just screams summer!

To embellish, I added a WOJ charm, BG ribbon and Marcella gems.  I also used a MS punch for some additional texture.  Stickles cover Tilda's wings, the tips of the flower petals, and outline the frame of the card.  To ground the image, I added a thicker layer of grass by hand.


Both images are colored with Copic markers.  I used Ranger DI walnut stain and pumice stone for the shadows.

Copic colors (in no particular order):

E - 00, 02, 40, 31, 44, 41
RV - 21
Y - 21
V - 0000, 01, 06
YR - 00, 65, 68
YG - 91, 95, 97

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Thank you so much for taking the time to join me.

Ciao for now,

Angie

49 comments:

Irena said...

Beautiful image and card :)

Love crafts forever said...

I love the paper.

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - love little mini Tilda .
Lisa ;)

Rach said...

oh my, this is stunning, gorgeous colouring detail.. so pretty... hope that the ribs get sorted soon... thank you for entering my candy... good luck..xx

roses_r_red_1 said...

such a beautiful card! what a great idea to use the mini tilda and flower that way! i always enjoy looking at your wonderful work! sarah x

Peggie said...

This is absolutely adorable. Now I really want these stamps and I didn't order either one. Great job.

Nancy said...

isn't she just soo cute...I really love the size and your design of your card is perfect...

Hugs
Nancy T.

papersunshine said...

Too precious! What a beautiful card.

hugs,
Lori K.

Mom said...

I love this group--you are so talented. What an imaginative way to use the small stamp and the colors are so beautiful. Thak you, Kay W

Cami said...

Adorable card and beautiful DPs. Isn't she just precious? I love this small image! Hugs, Cami

ultraroyale said...

Hi Angie;
Very cute card. Is that one of the mini maggies? Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot,com

Christina C. said...

Oh, wow, Angie....this is so precious. This is such a sweet card.
The papers are perfect and your coloring of the images is phenomenal.

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, love your color combo. Dont you just love that little fairy Tilda! Hugs, Have a great weekend!

Linda S. said...

Hi Angie, First of all I hope you are feeling better. I cannot imagine how you have accomplished all you have this week while not feeling well. This card is just adorable, and an excellent example of how to use both stamps. Love those papers, too. And your sweet hubby....you are very lucky. I can't wait to see the pics of your new space in which to create your magic with Magnolias. Linda S. in NE

Angelwood said...

Really gorgeous! Love your layering and these colors together look wonderful. hugs, Angela

Leslie Avila said...

I'm loving the mini Tilda's and your card is stunning. Lots of layering of gorgeous papers. Well don e Angie, you never disappoint!
Happy Friday~
Leslie Avila

Sharon Caudle said...

Totally gorgeous card, Angie! Love your coloring and this little fairy Tilda is too cute! I love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

Oooh! I knew Mini Tilda would be beautiful. So is your card Angie.
I love all the layers and colours and what a super idea having tilda coming in to land on the fantasy flower. It is so adorable and I can't wait to get my spring collection.
Hugs Marion

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Gorgeous Card! Love the way Tilda seems to be landing on the flower! Your layout and coloring is just beautiful!

cabio's craft corner said...

Is this ever cute Angie!! Darling fairy above that flower and your coloring is so lovely!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cissy said...

Love it Angie!! The colors are amazing!

~Cissy

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie she is adorable .... sorry to hear about the ribs ouch ! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new she cave !

Barb Hardeman said...

Completely gorgeous, Angie! I just got mine stamps in and I was wondering how to use her! Your work is so creative and very beautifully done...fabby dp to! Hope those ribs are better very soon....hugs...Barb

Pat said...

Hi Angie...sorry about your ribs...very cool about your remodeled craftroom, tho! I'm jealous!! This card is too incredibly darling!! I just love it...the colors are spectacular...love the layering of DPs...and, of course, little Tilda "tinkerbelle" is to die for! Can't wait for mine to come in! Pat Frank (VA)

Scrapgirl said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the color combination.

Cordine said...

Stunning card!
Cordine

paola said...

I love how you came up with a way to use both these stamps from the new kit. Great idea and fab coloring
smiles
Paola

kraftykylie said...

Mini Tilda is sooo cute!! Beautiful card. Smiles to you. Kylie

Nancy said...

Beautiful card love the design papers and all the layers and of course your coloring is gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Samara said...

Oh wow!!! Totally beautiful!

Stempeltiger said...

Oh my goodness ... this card is so BEAUTIFUL Angie!
Your colouring is amazing.
Lots of hugs, Swantje x

Tammy said...

I love how you put the flower and magnolia Tilda together like that. neat!
smiles...Tammy

Handmade by Vivi said...

Angie, your card is so cute!
and mini Tilda is adorable!
xxx
Vivi

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, adorable card! I have been inspired by your card! Love the orange and purple together!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Jenny said...

eine ganz bezauberne Karte in tollen Farben und mit einem süßen Motiv.

Candy said...

Oh Angie!!
How adorable!!! LOVE IT.
Hugs, Candy

Jean said...

Oh Angie, she is sooo adorable, so sweet and I love the colors you have her with.. now I am wondering about the news you have but can't tell... does it have to do with a little angel???? well anyway, this one is sweet, lovely, and too unique... whatever Jenny said it looks great... love when someone writes in a different language..
Let us in on your news as soon as you can.
Hugs, Jean

Patti.Jo said...

Love your coloring and the color combination and your shadows and the grass and the sparkle and the layout and the mini Tilda and the flower!!! Love every thing!!! Terrific card Angie! So adorable!

Kim Piggott said...

Huge congratulations Angie on your Magnolia Magazine dt position!
Your card is absolutely beautiful!
I love your sweet little fairy and such gorgeous colours and details!
hugs
kim x

kraftykylie said...

Hey Angie
just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS" on being invited into the Magnolia Ink Design Team!!!! So very deserved on your part you create beautuiful works of (he)-art!!! :)
Have a great day and big Smiles to you
Kylie

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Angie - congratulations on all of your new DT positions. I'm looking forward to working with you on CLP and being inspired by your fabulous work!

This card is delightful! Little Tilda is precious.

Cheers,
Susan

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Congrats on the DT! I can see by looking at your amazing cards why they chose you to be on their team. I always look forward to seeing what you share. Your cards are absolutely beautiful!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Julia said...

Love it !! Beautiful work as always. You do such amazing art, the details are fabulous, so congratulations, well deserved.
Hugs,
Julia B.(Wa.St.)

Camilla said...

Hello Angie!
I must congratulate and wish you very welcome to Magnolias DT team.
I hope you will enjoy and make you feel welcome.
What you are doing very fine, wonderful creations.
Hugs. Camilla

Cheryl said...

Great news, Angie! And so well deserved! Love your little fairy coming in for a landing on the pretty flowers!
Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Your work is stunning. Congrats on being chosen for the design team, you certainly deserve it :):):)
Cheers, Lisa

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful Card! Amazing colors! Congrats on the DT assignment for the Magazine! Have Fun!

Cheribella said...

I just tried about 10 times to enter your blog candy but for whatever reason my comment would not go through.
Your cards are stunning! I'm certainly not surprised you were asked to be part of the DT. I would love to win your awesome blog candy. Thanks so much for the opportunity.
Blog candy or not your cards rock. I have added you to my favorites just to keep an eye on your work:)I've been trying to sign in using cheribella.wordpress.com and it isn't working for some reason.

Elise said...

Angie ... congrats on the MagnoliaInk DT!!! Yayyy! That's so exciting! I'll look forward to seeing your work in there! :)

As for this sweet card ... it's absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your color combos and your coloring is truly STUNNING! Love love love it!

Hugs,
Elise

Related Posts with Thumbnails