LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring has Sprung!


Happy Tuesday Everyone!  Well I sure hope you're having a great week!  Life is back to normal in our house.  I'm still a little tired from my cold but feeling much better.  On Wednesday, we have a lunch seminar that we're putting on for clients and prospects so I'm preparing a bit for that.  I don't often meet with clients, so I have to look my best.  Wish I could have gotten the roots colored this week!  I'll have to improvise.

So it looks like they're having a bit of fun over at Friday Sketchers.  They have a challenge this week using a sketch by Claudia.  Not only is hers one of my favorite blogs to visit, but she is on the Magnolia-licious DT.  Her creations are fabulous and I'm in awe of each and every one of them.  Anyway, I thought I would try my hand at her sketch this week, since I haven't entered a challenge in a while.

This is what I came up with...

Happy Tilda

I did things a little backwards this time...well at least for me.  I was moving along as normal...I selected my image, #313 Happy Tilda, which you can get at my favorite store, Magnolia-licious.  I seem to have, once again, selected an out-of-stock image.  Just drop Diana a line and she'll get the image for you.  Sorry about that!  Anyway, I picked out my dp's which are from the BG Wisteria collection - love it!  And then....I took a detour.  I usually color my image next, but this time I worked on my layout and picked out embellishments.  I guess it's just an odd day.  Anyway, cs is by SU, per usual.  The ribbon is just by-the-yard from the craft store.  The doily is actually from a restaurant named Red Robin.  It was under my drink, unblemished and I thought it could be useful.  I guess it was!  The flowers are by Prima and the butterfly is from SCACD - it was a freebie with a purchase a while back.  I created the sentiment in MS Word and printed it.  I then cut it with a SU punch.  Finally, I Stickled the trim on Tilda's outfit as well as the center of the flowers.


With these photos, I tried to show the dimension and layering.  I love layers.  They make for a much more interesting card.
To color Tilda, I used a combination of Copic markers on her skin and hair, and watercolor with distress inks on her clothes.  I was actually planning on coloring the entire image with Copics, but I bought the new Ranger Distress Ink colors the other day and wanted to give them a try.  I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

I hope you have a terrific day.  Try to find some time to color.

Ciao for now,

Angie

28 comments:

Regina said...

My dear God!!!! It´s so wonderful that I don´t know what to say!!! I love the colors you used, the paperlace, your stitching, and your coloring is absolutely stunning!!!!!:)))
Have a wonderful week!!
Hugs
Regina

Crazystamper said...

Angie your card is beautiful! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely adorable from top to bottom! Beautifull colored and your flower arrangement is gorgeous.

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love your coloring and layout.
Hugs, Christine

shelly said...

Cute card. I love the doily. Your coloring is amazing. I can't wait for this stamp to come back in so I can order it.
Hugs,
Shell

raindropecho said...

Wow, love this! Tilda is beautifully colored. Love it, Angie!!

- Ann

ladydiana said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colouring, it is so soft.!
hugs, Diana

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Angie this card is adorable!!! Makes me think of Spring and warmer weather....Thanks for posting it.

Robin said...

Wonderful card!! I'm glad I stopped by to see it. I really like how you showed the picture with the layering. Lovely card!!!

ShirleyTACS said...

Angie,
This is just the way I feel today. It's warm and sunny instead of cold and overcast or stormy. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card. Shirley

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card Angie! I love everything about it! I agree with you about Claudia she is a awesome designer. You do absolutely fabulous work as well!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a gorgeous card, Angie! I love the combination of the Copics & the Distress Inks. Very nicely colored & put together.
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Eulanda said...

Great card and Wisteria was one of my favorite lines. Great combo!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wowee angie! absolutely beautiful! I love the rich, chocolate colored ribbon too with her. Makes it really stand out. TFS!

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, beautiful card, love the pretty colors and your coloring is stunning!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Shelley said...

Awsome job Angie! love your colouring and the layout is great too. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Maureen said...

Oh how lovely! I adore the colours you chose and your colouring technique! What a great card!

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Angie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh Angie!!! This is just darling. I love this tilda your layout and coloring are just fabulou! I LOVE your flowers too. Have a wonderful day! Hugs!!

Cissy said...

Just adorable!!!
:)
~Cissy

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, wow, this is stunning, I love Happy Tilda and with your amazing colouring, and fabulous design and details, your card is beautiful. Hugs Jodie from Oz

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful coloring and love the doily on this cute creation :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Patti.Jo said...

Beautiful coloring on Happy Tilda and your card design is terrific! Well done Angie!

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
I am wondering if you could tell me the paper you use when you combine water colours and copics??
Thanks you!
Your card is precious, outstanding and beautiful!
Hugs, Candy

Cassandra said...

What a GORGEOUS card. I haven't seen that Tilda stamp before. I love her dress and cute shoes. MY favourite colour is pink too so I love the colurs of her dress. Great job!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! Your coloring, your color choices, the flowers, and oh my goodness, that doily! I love everything about it!
hugs!
Shaon

Pink Heather said...

So pretty. I love how you've built it all on top of the doily.

PresentStorm said...

This is just awesome. I want to try coloring an image with my aqua brush and distress inks sometime.. So far I have only tried it with backgrounds and distressing paper. I love this card!! You did a fantastic job coloring her. What colors distress inks did you use on her top and pants?

Related Posts with Thumbnails