LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Roses are red...

Happy Weekend Everyone!  I sure hope you're having a great weekend so far.  We're just hanging around the house today spending some quality family time together.  It's nice to have some 'down time'.  Tonight we're heading over to have dinner with friends.  We've haven't seen them in quite a while so we're really looking forward to it.  The kids always have fun playing together and us adults usually get out the cards - boys vs girls and the girls usually kick booty.

Today I have a card for Magnolia Down Under Challenges!!!  The challenge this week is 'Stitching Real or Fake'.  The DT has some awesome creations so I strongly suggest you go check them out.  I used #349Tilda Holding Bunch of Roses.  You can get this stamp at Magnolia-licious along with many, many others that you're sure to fall in love with. 

I chose to make a card that I could send to the very sweet Leonie in Australia.  We've never met, but she went out of her way to send me some stamped hAnglar stAnglar images.  I was so impressed by her kindness and I wanted to send her a special 'thank you'.  I hope you enjoy my creations.

Tilda Holding Bunch of Roses

The dp's are from BasicGrey - Ambrosia and I think they're stunning.  I really enjoyed working with them.  CS is SU.  The ribbon and pins are from Making Memories.  I used a MS photo corners punch for the first time and loved it.  I added diamond Stickles all over and TPC Studio pearls to the corners.  The doily is by Artifacts.

I colored the image using watercolors with distress inks and Copic markers.


I sent the card in this little handmade box along with some card making trinkets inside.  It was a ton of fun to make, however, I was a little lazy and didn't keep track of the materials used - sorry!.  I shipped it off to her without notice and received an email from her the other day full of surprise.  I think we made each other's day.  It's a great thing when you have an opportunity to do something nice for someone special.

Well, that's all I have to today.  I hope you find some time to color!

Ciao,

Angie


33 comments:

Irena said...

beautiful creations :)

Aletha J. Williams said...

Just gorgeous! Your layout too!
Aletha

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Angie, I love the papers and colors. Gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine

sandy said...

wow! that's really something! If I could color like you, I would go pro!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful card & darling box, Angie! Such a beautiful gift!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Linda S. said...

Such a beautiful set, Angie!! I can see why your generous friend was so surprised and happy. There is no such thing as "Too Much Kindness"!! Great work.
Linda S. in NE

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
You have to be the sweetest person. Your card is gorgeous and the box is stunning. what a lovely thank you for Leonie. she must have loved it. the colours are glorious.
Hugs Marion

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card and gift box! Love all the layers and the paper is beautiful. Your coloring is gorgeous as always!
Hugs,
Nancy

Pam said...

Your coloring is wonderful on your card. The whole set is so pretty. thanks for sharing,
Pam

Debra James said...

What a fabulous card Angie. Love the colours u chose to colour in Tilda- and the papers are a wonderful choice and looks so very regal! and I love the stitching around the edges, wonderful, Hugs xxxx

Kellie Winnell said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Angie and I am sure that the person receiving would had been absolutely amazed at your SUPER talent! Also I LOVE your new blog look!

Has been amazing having you as a guest for a month and sharing your amazing creations and inspirations with the world of Magnolia Fans!

Hugs Kel xx

Robin said...

Gorgeous card...I love the colors you've picked!! And the little touches around the card.

Fran said...

Wow, this card is stunning and your colouring, I'm blown away, it's really amazing!! Love those papers too!

Sue said...

OMG Angie this is stunning, absolutely love it.
hugs
Sue x

Donna said...

Hi Angie! LOOOOVE your work. Please do a video to show us your secret for using watercolor, copics, and distress inks. Show us your process (please, please please)!!!

Donna

Sue said...

Forgot to tell you I have something on my blog for you.
hugs
Sue x

stephanne said...

Oh so gorgeous, your colouring is so incredible, the dimension and colour saturation is fabulous, as is every other element of this card and the treasure box you've made is lovely too, I am sure you put a smile on Leonie's face!! It has been fantastic getting to see your work these past few weeks on MDUC, I'll be keeping my eye on you, your work is gorgeous!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, Fabulous card, Tilda is adorable and I love the gorgeous colours, your colouring and beautiful design and details are stunning. I love all your amazing creations. It has been so wonderful having you join us at MDUC for the month of March. I'm sure Leonie will treasure this amazing gift and I too head hung low need to send something special to Leonie. Love your new blog. hugs Jodie from Oz

Chantelle said...

Wow, such a fabulous little creation you've made - it has a vintage feel about it - love how you've added in the lace doiley - so pretty. And your colouring is amazing. Well done!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Angie you are a master crafter!!! I meant to tell you that last week - I've finally found the time to stroll through a few pages of your blog - AMAZING work!
We're sooo lucky to have you on board with such fabulous inspiration for all!
xXx

Kimba-Slydog said...

This set is a dream!!! So wonderful!!!

Hugs,
Nicole

Bengelmama said...

Eine wunderschöne KArte. Traumhaft coloriert.


Nadine

Hanna said...

Hello!

Oh, this is a masterpiece! LOVE your card, it's totally gorgeous, and your amazing colouring is to die for!!! I adore everything about your fantastic card, Angie!
Sending you lots of hugs from Sweden! ;o)
Hanna

Jane said...

Wow Angie both the card and box are stunning!!!! I love the amazing colours and all your wonderful details! I'm not surprised she loved it!! hugs, Jane xxx

Gina L said...

You are so incredibly talented. I kept looking at your card and finding new things to smile over, then I scrolled down and saw a lovely box, too! Gina L

Lisa said...

Angie, another beautiful creation!! Love your coloring! Your watercoloring looks great!! How did you like using distress inks? I have thought about getting some of those but I've been a little hesitant.

hugs,
Lisa

Southern Moments said...

Beautiful Card!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi angie! wow...these are absolutely gorgeous! and I just love your new blog look! so cute!!! looks just like ya. ;)

Renkata said...

Ooops :) I wanted to say also that your blog baner look so gorgeous and the colouring of the image is so great.
Can you tell me please for her hair what Copic did you use and how are you doing to look so like Distress colouring is so pretty.
Hug's
Renkata

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Lucky Leonie! this is simply a stunning card :)

Linxx said...

I absolutely love your creation! So nice of you to send such a lovely gift to your friend. It gave me the idea to make such an item for a friend I haven't seen in too long!
Thank you for that!

Linxx from Holland

marijke said...

this is sooooooooo cute and I love the colors you have used

Jean said...

Angie, simply love the card colors are fabulous and the layout is great,but to make the box and stuff it with goodies, wow, over and beyond the simple card.. What a great thing to do... love the box matches the card so well.. your coloring is so wonderful as usual and have missed seeing your work for the past two months but I'M back!! I may have had to delete 2000 e-mails as I didn't have the strenght to read them all but I shall be reading and answering them all now and even making cards when energy lets me... so get some more out... always love your cards.
Hugs, Jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails