LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, March 22, 2010

A Pirate's Life For Me...


Happy Monday Everyone!!!  Wow, what a busy day today!  I was all set to spend the day in my craft room.  I spent time yesterday working on some things for my son's school so that I could get it out of the way and have today for card making.  Funny how things can change so quickly!  When I dropped my son off at school, I was handed another stack of things to do.  Then, on my way home I spoke with my husband who had another stack of things for me to do.  His stack would generate income, so it wasn't all that bad.  I can't complain when we're in the middle of a deteriorating economy and our business is still holding on.  I am very grateful to say the least.  Still, I really wanted to spend the day in my craft room.

I spent Friday at my friend Gayle's house and colored two images of Tilda the pirate.  I couldn't possibly bring all of my things with me so I had to wait to actually assemble the cards.  Once I got my work done today, I found a tiny bit of time to put one of the cards together.  I hope you like her.  I did not have a plan for this card, so the finished product was a complete surprise to me and I'm very happy with it.

Here she is...
Pirate Tilda

What a cutie!!!  When I saw her, I couldn't resist.  #230 Pirate Tilda is from the upcoming Pirates, Bridal, Prom and Magic collection that will be released in the spring.  You can pre-order the collection at Magnolia-licious.  Diana was able to get her hands on some a little early so she may even have some in stock that you're interested in.  Be sure to check them out right away!!!

I knew that I wanted to use skulls on this card and that meant that I had to go shopping.  I found these fantastic dp's by Rusty Pickle and they're called Pirate Princess - how fitting.  I just love them.  I'll show you some more of them later in the week - hint, hint.  Did you notice the word 'Treasure'?  I was very careful when cutting the dp so that the text would be perfectly placed.  The cs is SU.  The ribbon was purchased by-the-yard.  The roses are by Making Memories.  The key is by K&Company and I colored it black with a Copic marker.  The charm is from a box of them that I have and I colored it with the Copic marker as well.  I used a Gelly roll pen on Tilda's earrings, boot buckles, and the word 'Treasure' for a little glimmer, but it doesn't show up in the photo.  The glittered swirls are from a bag of leftovers that I have.  Finally, I used black Stickles on the borders of the cs.

Per usual, I colored Tilda using watercolor with distress inks and Copic markers.

I had a ton of fun working with this sweet little pirate.  She, among many others, is one of my favorites.  Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you find some time to color.

Ciao for now,

Angie

27 comments:

Only by His Grace said...

Wow Angie, your sweet little pirate Tilda is adorable. That particular brown with the pink colour go super together and the DP is perfect. what a find. you must have been pleased when you found it.
Hugs Marion

Stampin Mindy said...

gie, this is darling!!! I love the pirate Tilda, they were gone so fast I didn't get one. I love the black and pink and how it's so shiney! Super cute!! Hugs!

monica said...

Hi Angie,
Matey Tilda looks mighty nice sitting on her key---just waiting to get to her treasure!!. Love the color combo of the pink and browns--they go so well together and the touch of black really makes it pop. What a super find of the dp--just perfect and as always, the coloring is super! Love your card
Hugs
Monica M

Cissy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love everything about it!

~Cissy

Summerthyme Studio said...

WOW!!! She looks FABULOUS!!! Great work!

Vicki

Diana Crick said...

What a cutie Angie and is that paper not just wow but PERFECT too! Awesome card...love her to pieces, pieces of eight that is...lol.
hugs, Diana

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Angie! This is sheer perfection! Your coloring is beautiful and the paper is wonderful. Good piecing!

Lori said...

Fantastic, Angie! I love how you've 'found' each element of this card which fits so perfectly together! Very very nice work : )
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Helen said...

Oh, Angie, she's so precious! I love this little card!
Blessings!
~H

isu.alum said...

Oh this is too cute. Love the brown and pink, the patterned paper and the fun key embellishment. Your coloring is fabulous too!

cabio's craft corner said...

Fabulous card Angie. Love the little flower and the cute coloring. The key & lock embellis are great add ons :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sue said...

OMG this is Gorgeous LOVe it.
hugs
Sue x

Nancy said...

Adorable card Angie! Tilda is colored beautifully and I love the design papers! Oh so cute!
Hugs,
Nancy

Bengelmama said...

Oh my goodness, she is adorable!! I love your card! Gorgeous!!

Nadine

Zamaline said...

wow superbe ta carte, je l adore!!

zamaline

Maureen said...

Very cool colour combo Angie! Love the brown and pink together! Very cute Pirate!!!

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Your card is Beautiful!! I love the way you colored Tilda and all the pretty papers are perfect!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a cute card, Angie! Love it & love Tilda!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Cordine said...

Stunning card Angie!
Hugs
Cordine

Norma said...

Angie, what a gorgeous card. Love the colour combo. Cute image of Tilda—love the way you had her sitting on the key to the buried treasure. Beautiful colouring. Terrific job on the card. Love it.

Hugs.
Norma

Lauren said...

What a stunner! I love the colors you chose! I love the key and the word "treasure." It all works so well together!

Lauren

Bev said...

I have just now found your blog (and I don't remember how I got here...lol) and I am so glad that I did. Your work is amazing. You have a real talent for coloring and I have really enjoyed looking at all your cards. Can't wait to see what you post next!

Kerry said...

Angie - what a gorgeous card. I love the colors, it works so well. Everything just looks perfect! Thanks so much for sharing. Kerry P.

Gina L said...

This card has so much eye candy. I love how she is sitting on the key. Love the ribbon. Love the embellies...it's all too stinkin' cute. I want to set sail with her and have some fun! Can we find some treasure, please?!? I need to buy more Tildas! LOL. Gina L

Christine Riley said...

Super cute, I love the papers.
Hugs, Christine

Robin said...

Fantastic card!!! I love the colors you've picked. And Tilda is adorable!!!

Irene Daryanto said...

This is like the best pirate tilda ever, love the color, love the sketch, and love the skull cs, so cute.
Irene

Related Posts with Thumbnails